Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INSTANT REBATE offer is BACK!

If you've been pondering when to get Philips X-tremeVision HID bulbs, now is the good time.
Between Jan 29 - Feb 7, 2016, purchase X-treme Vision HID bulbs and enjoy up to $100 of instant saving.
There is no need to enter any coupon code. Pricing already has been adjusted to be effective for the specified term.
Please note that this Instant Rebate offer is offered by the distributors and M'Autolite cannot apply this offer to any orders placed prior to this promotional term.

Philips X-tremeVision D2S: ONLY $149.99 /PAIR (Our reg price: $184.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D2R: ONLY $ 149.99 /PAIR (Our reg price: $184.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D1S: ONLY $159.99 /PAIR (Our reg price: $214.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D3S: ONLY $ 159.99 /PAIR (Our reg price: $269.99)

Philips X-tremeVision +50% series HID bulbs provide up to +50% more brightness and whiter color temperature rated at 5000K (initial color rated at 4800K).
On top of our everyday low price, this INSTANT REBATE would make this deal even more special.
If you've been looking to replace your stock/no-brand name D2S, D2R, D1S, or D3S bulbs to reliable Philips bulbs that are brighter and whiter, it's the time to grab the deal!

Visit us at mautolite.com .

FYI, see below comparison photos to see how it looks different from the stock 4300K (from our previous test)
(First comparison photos were taken from our facility. The other two actual road comparison photos were taken by other forum members. Many thanks to kappax12 and studioRS!)
There were rumors that X-tremeVision bulb gets whiter and brighter after 200 hrs of use.
To find out if it's a rumor or truth, we ran a test by having a X-tremeVision bulb stay lit for 9 days (9 days x 24 hrs = 216 hrs).

Conclusion: It's not a rumor anymore. It has been confirmed. X-tremeVision bulb gives whiter and brighter light compared to the stock 4300K bulb from the beginning.
It gets even better as it goes through break-in process.
We're very satisfied with the result after 216 hrs of use.

We took a few comparison photos showing stock Philips 4300K D2S(lower), new Philips X-tremeVision D2S (middle).
Color-shifted Philips X-tremeVision D2S w/220 hrs use (upper) to show you the difference in lighting output and color.
The photos have not been photoshopped and untouched except for our log being added.

Although we tried to take good photos, it is not easy to take photo of lighting.
The result is that stock 4300K is noticeably yellower and dimmer than X-tremeVision bulb and the color-shifted X-tremeVision bulb is much whiter with crisp white.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Thank You,

Mike @M'Autolite

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
LED cornering lights? I got whiter/bluer bulbs (haven't installed because it's a PIA to get the old ones out and I don't want to break the clip), but what LED model bulb are you referring to that replaces the existing filament bulbs?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
INSTANT REBATE offer is BACK!

Thank You,

Mike @M'Autolite
Thanks Mike! I guess I made my inquiry at the right moment as David told me of the up-coming rebate. I missed my opportunity to order these last time, so I made sure to be the first one to do so this afternoon! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ordered!

·
Registered
196 Posts
LED cornering lights? I got whiter/bluer bulbs (haven't installed because it's a PIA to get the old ones out and I don't want to break the clip), but what LED model bulb are you referring to that replaces the existing filament bulbs?

If optioned, these are used in our cornering lights...

H7 - M'AUTOLITE Fanless LED Headlight Kit - Mautolite

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/modifications/85330-diy-comparison-photo-mautolite-led-installed-cornering-lights.html?highlight=Cornering+lights

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Ah, yes, I even commented on the prior thread which you link to.

I don't see anywhere them selling them though.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
If/when anybody puts these H7 replacements on their Macan cornering lights, can u please let us know how it went and how u like em?
I'm sort of interested in the brighter HID replacement lamps for my PDLS HID lamps, but how far towards Blue would the 4800k color temp be. I don't want em if they are too blue. Any comments on that?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm sort of interested in the brighter HID replacement lamps for my PDLS HID lamps, but how far towards Blue would the 4800k color temp be. I don't want em if they are too blue. Any comments on that?
I have the Philips X-tremeVision D3S on my Macan. They look excellent! They are just a brighter white. The extra 500k doesn't really give them any more blue.

I know what you're saying with the too much blue... they look fake and cheesy! These really are just a brighter white. One of the best mods I've done!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mike! I guess I made my inquiry at the right moment as David told me of the up-coming rebate. I missed my opportunity to order these last time, so I made sure to be the first one to do so this afternoon! :D
Awesome! If you need anything else I can help you with, let me know.
Thanks,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Philips X-tremeVision D3S on my Macan. They look excellent! They are just a brighter white. The extra 500k doesn't really give them any more blue.

I know what you're saying with the too much blue... they look fake and cheesy! These really are just a brighter white. One of the best mods I've done!
You rock! You answered all questions. :D
Thank You,

·
Registered
544 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
@[email protected] I got my order today. Thanks. Question though. I checked the bulbs and both of them have this dark area with spots at the center of the tube (see attached). Is this normal?
Normal.

In fact a good sign. There are many fake HID bulbs on sale (these are not) and they have no clue how to make the exotic "salt" you see condensed on the bulb.

That dirty orange colored "salt" is what makes these lights so efficient and gives them their excellent color and high output.

The salt evaporates in a second or two.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Normal.

In fact a good sign. There are many fake HID bulbs on sale (these are not) and they have no clue how to make the exotic "salt" you see condensed on the bulb.

That dirty orange colored "salt" is what makes these lights so efficient and gives them their excellent color and high output.

Someone knows the stuff. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, it's normal.
Normal.

Thanks. Btw, how does the sand make the output better?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. Btw, how does the sand make the output better?
How the sand/salt makes the output better, must be a secret recipe of Philips but the only thing I know is that the center arc contains xenon gas with different technology involved that produce whiter color and more light.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts