Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought, I would start one of these journals and share all my Macan adventures.

Nov 19, 2020:
Carbon fiber rear diffuser DIY installation. Surprisingly high quality part and it looks new even after being outside in the elements for nearly 2 years.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

Dec 10, 2020:
Carbon fiber fins. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the parts. Almost the same age as the diffuser, but it’s more exposed to sunlight and road debris, hence the yellowing.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
~Sep 1, 2021

My front brakes were on their last few miles, so it was cost effective to upgrade them. I documented all of it here: 390mm PP OEM Big Brake Kit on Macan S

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Lots of members have asked about the inside view. Here is the caliper from the inside installed on my Macan S. The swap doesn't need shims, offsets or even a new brake line. You may use the original Macan S brake line since it's long enough.

Funny thing here is that the brake pads seem to be almost identical to the Macan S... I will eventually replace my PP pads and know for sure.

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
~March 10, 2022

Flat 6 filters have been on my radar for quite some time. In my opinion, it's a sound mod... 10Hp gain is questionable, but the sound is quite nice even at low speeds.

The same day I was about to order them, a member in here posted a second-hand set for sale, so it worked out. Flat 6 has a nice guide about maintaining/cleaning the filters.
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey

Glasses Sunglasses Luggage and bags Goggles Eyewear

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue
223 Posts
What rear carbon diffuser do you have? Stock replacement or the one on Amazon with the integrated 3rd brake/rain light?

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What rear carbon diffuser do you have? Stock replacement or the one on Amazon with the integrated 3rd brake/rain light?
The distributor name is "blackstar". They had a webpage, but I'm having a hard time finding them. My diffuser doesn't have lights, and it's a discrete but a substantial improvement over stock.

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
04/2/22
Replacing my 7 years old OEM battery was quite a simple process. Battery registration is some-what convoluted, but it becomes quite clear after you do it for the first time.
Shoutout to @shorton335 for posting this a while back: DIY Battery Replacement

For the registration, I used icarsoft por v2. Note that the tool need to use the 911 battery registration settings. Another thing is that icarsoft goes out of order and asks for the part number as the very last step.
Hood Light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Trunk

Trunk Audio equipment Gas Gadget Computer hardware

Light Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Audio equipment

Light Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
04/10/22
Rear rotors and pads

I decided to save a few dollars and replace my rear brakes. IMO, working the rear is much harder than replacing the front due to the EPB.

Once again, icarsoft por v2(not sponsored) did the trick for opening the EPB into replacement mode, then rear calipers can be compressed just like the front calipers.

Tools:
• Amazon special large 8" pulley puller
• Jack + stands
• Rotors from Stoptech + aftermarket pads
• Hardware

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tread

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911-Sold
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
04/10/22
Flat tire

My Macan keeps complaining about low tire pressure due to a nice nail. The tire is totally flat after a few days, and I have been thinking about upgrading to 305 or 315 out back.

I'm not sure which direction to go, so I plugged it for now. This is an old trick I have done with all my cars until I get new tires for them. I prefer this method than using the spare tire.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Wood

Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Arthropod Insect

·
Registered
56 Posts
The distributor name is "blackstar". They had a webpage, but I'm having a hard time finding them. My diffuser doesn't have lights, and it's a discrete but a substantial improvement over stock.
Are you talking about this shop?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts