Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Yeah liked the compass on my previous car also but I don't know why because I got lost anyway :)

Now I use my I Phone to navigate now and the altimeter? Well , the Southern California mountains aren't that high and I haven't driven the car fast enough to fly yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
782 Posts
Was very disappointed to learn that you have to get the entire entertainment package to get the compass/altimeter. Sigh.
Sorry for your disappointment! I too have found Porsche's packaging of options very cruel!
:crying:
Yeah, I spec'd the Infotainment pkg because I'm not multi-task capable!
:D
I also spe'd the compass because I find it mesmerizing!
>:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPCOGJgljeI
(Speakers on!)

Oops! Mesmerizing and driving don't go together! I told you I'm not multi-task capable!!

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
88 Posts
Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry for your disappointment!
:crying:
Yeah, I specced the Infotainment pkg because I'm not multi-task capable!
I also specced the compass because I find it mesmerizing!
>:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPCOGJgljeI
(Speakers on!)

Oops! Mesmerizing and driving don't go together! I told you I'm not multi-task capable!!

I found your video hilarious. I was also just in NYC...always a good time.

Reactions: Jerry

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
100% agree. A Kia has compass standard but on a $70k Porsche you cannot even order as an option without having to pay for that stone age Infotainment system. Shame on you Porsche!!!!

Just to add to my disappointment it would not take much for Porsche to make it clear what you DON'T get if you DO NOT order some of their options. Not that I would fork $3K for that crappy Infotainment system just to get a compass but at least I would make an informed decision.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
that's the first time I've ever seen the compass. Is that how it's implemented on the Macan? That's pretty cool.
Yep. Like everyone here, I'm not thrilled with Porsche requiring ripofftainment or the navigation package to get the compass and altimeter (though my SA said you can see both in the MFD if you have nav), but what the heck. Many of the racy folks put a chronometer in their wart, so why not let the outdoorsy folks put a compass/altimeter in? It's cheap entertainment :p -- as long as we don't count the nav package, of course. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
You would think Suncoast would have one available but no luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi: Just bought a 2017 S. Love it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. There's a very nice analog clock on the dash. Is there a compass anywhere? i looked and read manual. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi: Just bought a 2017 S. Love it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. There's a very nice analog clock on the dash. Is there a compass anywhere? i looked and read manual. Thanks.
The compass is a $430 option and replaces the clock on the dash. If you have a clock, you don't have a compass.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If you order the Chrono Package, the compass is gone. However, if you do a search, there are a few that have swapped the 'chrono' for the 'compass'.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
Unless it's changed, I believe you need to have Navigation in order to have a compass. If you do have Navigation, there is a way to display a compass on your PCM screen.....and, you can replace the center dash clock with a full time compass. As mentioned, there are earlier threads on this topic. (y)

Reactions: mplgaus
1 - 14 of 14 Posts