Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you delete the dash clock when ordering a macan s? I have one on my wrist, one on my cell phone and two other digital clocks in the dash! The fifth one on the top of the dash seems a little excessive!

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Can you delete the dash clock when ordering a macan s? ......
For the U.S. market, the dash clock comes standard, and there is no option to delete it when ordering from the factory.

However, once your car has been built and you have a VIN number (obtained through your SA), you can go to your dealership's parts counter and order a flat dash trim piece without a clock.

I did that when I ordered my 2015 Turbo. At that time, normal delivrey time for the trim piece was 4 weeks, unless you paid a 15% expedite fee ......which I did, and I received it in a few days. The cost of the trim piece came to about $190. I later sold the clock on eBay for about the same amount.

My SA arranged to have their service department remove the clock and install the new trim piece when my car was delivered. There was no charge for the labor to do the swap.

It's an easy modification, and easy to reverse when you go to sell the car, if you so desire.

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
But, but, but one of the best things about that clock is how it spins when you first get in.....That always put a smile on my face.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's a great clock! Sets itself to GPS time, turns itself off when you're away. The second hand lines up perfectly with the lines. Put yours on ebay. I might buy it and convert it to a desk clock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you delete the dash clock when ordering a macan s? I have one on my wrist, one on my cell phone and two other digital clocks in the dash! The fifth one on the top of the dash seems a little excessive!
I’ll take it off your hands!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Funny. There's people that have the Chrono package and would rather have a compass up there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Funny. There's people that have the Chrono package and would rather have a compass up there.
I’d prefer to have an analog boost gauge. It would’ve a perfect spot for it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You have one already. Yes?
No but in my 2003 Audi TT I do have a boost gauge that replaced one of the air conditioning vents. It was a great design that looks like it was OEM made by Audi. It still allowed air flow from the vent but you did lose the ability to direct the direction of the air flow. The TT has four vents across the dash. I used it to replace the vent on the right side of the steering wheel.

Seems like there should be a market for a replacement of the Macan dash clock.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
You are missing the tradition. In the not too distant past clocks were put on the dash for rallies. Tag Heuer was known for its rally clocks. I don't pay too much attention to my dash clock as a time piece (my Tag Heuer Autavia wrist watch keeps pretty good time) but I enjoy my dash clock for its nod to rally sports.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You are missing the tradition. In the not too distant past clocks were put on the dash for rallies. Tag Heuer was known for its rally clocks. I don't pay too much attention to my dash clock as a time piece (my Tag Heuer Autavia wrist watch keeps pretty good time) but I enjoy my dash clock for its nod to rally sports.
Yep, one of those little nods to Porsche's racing heritage along with the ignition "key" to the left of the steering column for it's LeMans history.

·
Registered
563 Posts
This thread gave me a great idea, and I just bought one on ebay, shipped yesterday. For fathers day, my son is building a circuit to control it: GPS for time, proximity sensor to turn on-off, stop watch controls, and power. I'm looking around for a chunk of wood to mount it in and make a nice mantle or desk clock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome!!! I went and looked at a Macan S today and it had the clock. I was like i thought only sport chrono had that thing up there. I WANT that clock! So happy it’s standard now.

Sadly. The general sales manager didn’t even know the clock is standard. He told me it has sport chrono. I was like. Not according to the window sticker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts