Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting one of these, and am starting at ground zero….I know nothing about them. I want a higher-end quality unit for use and efficiency, and need direction as where to go for installation (I am not a DIY kind of guy). TIA for any advice. I checked the forum, but all the posts were several years old, and I’m sure the technology has improved. Thanks, folks.

· Registered
2022 Macan
841 Posts
I am interested in getting one of these, and am starting at ground zero….I know nothing about them. I want a higher-end quality unit for use and efficiency, and need direction as where to go for installation (I am not a DIY kind of guy). TIA for any advice. I checked the forum, but all the posts were several years old, and I’m sure the technology has improved. Thanks, folks.
Blackboxmycar.com is a great resource for research and they also carry the best products. I got a 2-channel system (4K/2K) with a battery for parking mode, and had it professionally installed.

Reactions: DocJay

· Registered
2022 Macan
841 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
I wanted discrete so went with Garmin mini 2 and it was very very easy DIY. Just needed a usbC/usb adapter and plugged into center console...not perfect but its very small hiding behind the rear view mirror. Good to have Just in case. I liked the Blackview 2ch but wanted small, simple and cheap.

· Registered
2020 Macan S | Air Suspension | Sports Chrono | 21" Spyder Wheels | Agate/Pebble Interior | Pano Roo
17 Posts

· Registered
2020 Macan S | Air Suspension | Sports Chrono | 21" Spyder Wheels | Agate/Pebble Interior | Pano Roo
17 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
£1000 on a £100,000 car is actually only 1%....bargain! 😊
Well Id love a £100K Macan but whilst its a small percentage there dash cam footage quality is always subjective given they all tend to use Sony starves lenses and the processing power is small....so whilst I would always consider OEM technology today can provide equivalent results at far less than OEM prices
S

· Vendor
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
641 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts