Porsche Macan Forum banner

Dash Cam 2018 options?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MDJAK 
#1 ·
Hi, Macan Owners, I'm currently looking to purchase and have pro-installed 2018 dash- cam. I have been introduced to the following models. Any one have the same fitted and user thoughts?
BlackVue DR900s 2 channel & IRoad TX9 2 channel both have been quoted the same price fitted with 128GB card. Any advice would be truly appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
How hot does it get where you live? The reason I ask is that I live in a very hot climate and these things die in the heat. My first was a BlackVue that was $300 USD and it lasted about two years. They have been replaced with a cheaper ViFo A119s. For the Macan, I bought a Yi Mini for $45.00 shipped. I don't need the best quality. Just need something that can act as a witness to an accident.

#4 ·
My go to brand for dash cams is BlackVue. I’ve purchased several in the past few years - one for each of my vehicles and only one has failed.. many years after purchase. The early 1080p models did struggle with summer heat when left recording while parked. If this becomes an issue for you put the camera on a switched circuit so it only comes on with the ignition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.