Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start this with a link to threads I've started on here.

First, when I bought it :
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions/169563-new-me-silver-macan-texas.html

Then, the first ("shake down") road trip :
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/porsche-macan-reviews/169845-march-2019-big-bend-first-trip-macan.html

And the most recent road trip :
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/user-reviews/171367-april-19-colorado-snow-trip.html

My favorite two (road trip) pics so far :

There's no particular reason they're both from the back. One showed dirt and the other had the sun shining on it. LOL

I've also added a Cobb Access Port tune to help "wake it up" some when the RPM's are a bit lower. Coming from a 2017 Camaro SS, the lower RPMs at highway speeds felt a little "dead." What I've now come to realize is that it "wakes up" a lot at around 90 in 7th gear. :D

A few days ago, I swapped out the 21's that came on it with summer tires for 20's with all-seasons. (No pics yet. SOON!) My thinking was that 20" all seasons would be better for forest service roads and the like. It'll be another couple of months before I can put that to the test, though.

Around town... I've noticed the 20" all seasons (Goodyear Eagle Touring N0(PORSCHE) SL) seem to have a good bit more "give" in them than the Pirelli's I pulled off it. That's to be expected, I know, but the first time I really noticed it was hitting a dip in the middle of a curve from one freeway to another and that ... that was a bit disconcerting. LOL

I'm still loving the Macan. I found a short, curvy stretch of road not too far from home to run up & down a few times earlier to grow a little more accustomed to the new tires. They'll be fine and I'll adjust to them. Over the next few months, I'll probably keep my eyes open for a good sale on some 21" summer tires to replace the ones that were getting a little thin... >uhoh<

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New wheels!

I'm not a huge fan of black wheels to begin with. But, that's what was on the GTS when I bought it (and it was otherwise equipped pretty much just the way I wanted it). So, I lived with 'em for a while.

Over the last couple of months, I've been browsing different sites, seeing what I could find that wouldn't cost me several car payments. >eek<

I finally found some wheels that didn't break the bank AND I liked the look of.

Starke MC Machined w/Matte Graphite Accents.

I ordered them from Tire Rack with Goodyear Eagle Touring N0(PORSCHE) SL tires, new TPMS sensors, etc. I wanted all seasons because I didn't want to HAVE to leave this vehicle at home when I go to Colorado and get curious about "where does that dirt road go?" Will I be doing rock crawling? Goodness no! But, 21" summer tires just didn't seem to be the right thing to have on the car if I knew I was going to Colorado, Utah, etc.

So far, I'm liking the tires! They have a different feel than the tires that came on it, but that was to be expected. I went out driving today and found some dirt & gravel to reacquaint myself with some "sort of limits" of the car, traction, which buttons/modes to have on or off in dirt/gravel, etc. LOL

She got a little dirty, but nothing a quick bath won't fix. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts