Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, reversing out of a café carpark I crunched the non-drivers side wheel arch into a bollard positioned below my mirror line of sight. Ouch. I'm told to repair and repaint the orange size ding that they will fix the repair on the car, then need to remove the bonnet for a total re-spray, then refit it to the car. I hoped it could be patch repaired just on the ding location but as it bent over the wheel arch lip line they can't just press it out. I'm in two minds here, it needs fixing but I'm a little nervous that the paint work, even when done professionally, will still be noticeable to me now as the whole bonnet gets done vs the little out of usual sight location of the ding. Has anyone had experience with similar, and how did you feel about getting this kind of work done? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated before I finally decide to take which action on the matter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A good painter should be able to match your paint easily. A few months back somebody damaged to rear bumper and lift gate of mine while parked. I asked my Porsche dealer who THEY recommend and send jobs to, and I took mine there. I was a bit concerned about the paint as well as mine is Night Blue Metallic, and I wondered how the paint match would turn out with the metallic particles and all, versus if it was a solid/non-metallic color. They matched it perfectly; you can't tell the old paint from the new. So, it CAN be done, but it takes a knowledgeable, caring painter.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'm building the courage to bite the bullet!

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
I need a picture. Your description is not precise enough to determine whether a paintless dent removal person can fix it. If there is no scratch when you run your finger nail across it and it doesn’t stop or it’s small enough and chances are somebody can fix that without ever repainting the panel . I’ll wait for a picture before I say .

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS
21 Posts
Please post a few photo’s, impossible to comment and provide advice without

1 - 5 of 5 Posts