Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - looking for recommendations for reliable service shops (non-dealer) in the Dallas area. Searched for this and see responses from a few years ago so wanted to ask again. Up for my 20k service and dealer quote felt high. Wanted to do some homework first. Appreciate all feedback and your experiences! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Me too. Was just coming here to look this up

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just Dallas or the whole DFW Metroplex? I can give you a few suggestion, in no particular order.

RAC Performance
Zims Autotechnik
Mayo Performance
Louden MotorCars
Fifth Gear Automotive

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just Dallas or the whole DFW Metroplex? I can give you a few suggestion, in no particular order.

RAC Performance
Zims Autotechnik
Mayo Performance
Louden MotorCars
Fifth Gear Automotive
^^^Yep. I’ve used RAC... they are incredible. Basically a full-on professional shop/mini-dealer. Prices are about 60-75% of dealer. Mayo is fairly close to where I live; but I haven’t used them for anything yet. Porsche Grapevine cost for oil change is basically only $20 more than RAC... so I just went to the dealer because it’s so close to me. All of these places have good reviews from P-car owners.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
What about for 40k mile service (big one)? Which place would be cheapest and still do a good job?

·
Registered
238 Posts
What about for 40k mile service (big one)? Which place would be cheapest and still do a good job?
I heard nothing but glowing reviews so far with Mayo Performance among the Mavs PCA Members (Mayo also used to have a monthly PCA event with shop talk, donuts, and coffee, before the whole quarantine) Although, with only 13K miles on our 19'S, I haven't got the chance to try out them out myself, but will do for my upcoming 20K service.

I've been to RAC only to get part of my protective film (done by Porsche at the port) redone by warranty. From what I can see by my limited time there, their space and equipment there is truly impressive.

I would give each one of them a call and compare pricing, also give Porsche Grapevine a call, sometimes their pricing is pretty competitive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts