Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Looks incredible man ...beautifull piece !!!! How much thicker ?

So you know....there are no threads on the OEM one......what you see in my pic is the "thread" made by that 8mm bolt spinning into it. Don't over tighten I would say...it would just spin....same for OEM.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
Looks incredible man ...beautifull piece !!!! How much thicker ?

So you know....there are no threads on the OEM one......what you see in my pic is the "thread" made by that 8mm bolt spinning into it. Don't over tighten I would say...it would just spin....same for OEM.
Ah that's good to know, thanks. I was going by your pic. I haven't pulled my oem one off yet.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
So we are reverse mine is off....new doesnt arrive till tomorrow....you have yours...but OEM still on....haha
OEM feels beefy.....very likely metal.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think that stuff is rubber Butyl...does it look like it ? Feels like plastascene......will grab some fresh.....
My guess also. Butyl rubber is handy stuff. Great a sealant when it may need to be removed. Never gets hard or dries out. Used a lot on boats for bedding hardware.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
Some quick comparison pics. Oem is 1.9mm thick. "Aftermarket" is 2.9mm. Oem is 26 grams, the other is 39. They both seem to be plastic plated metal as they barely stick to my magnet. The oem from 2015 S is starting to peel or corrode on the lower edges.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
cool, I absolutely prefer the "no dimple" in the Red bars.
My air suspension will not like this extra 4.6 :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
So the aftermarket crest is 13 grams heavier than OEM and is thicker = slower 0-60 times due to added weight and less efficient bonnet aerodynamics LOL :p

Even so, i'm loving that aftermarket Porsche Crest. Did you install it yet? pics?

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
I did! Should look exactly like post #29 in this thread. Looks awesome but I think I'm going to go with a gold one to match my center caps in gold that I just ordered. Looks like they just raised the price, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Its great to be able to change them easily :)........I like the silver bar one as well.......

Are you switching to a different Gold emblem from Aasa.....not OEM Pura ?

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
Its great to be able to change them easily :)........I like the silver bar one as well.......

Are you switching to a different Gold emblem from Aasa.....not OEM Pura ?
No, I'm going to try to plate the one I bought. We have a shop that does polishing, gold and rhodium plating, etc.. I'm gonna see if the gold sticks to it.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
The plating process is very specific for jewelry so I'm not optimistic but we'll see!

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
I will take the badges to a friend but I have a feeling the original might be copper. The "cu" hallmark on the rear and the very weak reaction to a magnet lead me to think it might be. From work I only know about precious metals, and not much else so hopefully he can shed some light. If either badges are copper then I won't be able to plate them. I tried to do one of my belt buckles and it didn't work. Anyway, I found this related article interesting. How the Porsche badge is made

61 - 80 of 91 Posts