Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Down the road I will. I got my spyder wheels powder coated last month
What was the cost per wheel or for the set? The guy I normally go to just outside pf Philly is $120 per wheel for 21's and 22's.

·
Registered
| 2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Reactions: Teddis

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What was the cost per wheel or for the set? The guy I normally go to just outside pf Philly is $120 per wheel for 21's and 22's.
700 for gloss black! 5 star reviews top class people. Lot of prep work goes into powder coating.. taking wheel offX sand blasting then putting it back on and rebalancing the wheel etc.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
Yeah I was thinking same thing. I wonder how that red and black Porsche crest would look on Volcano.

BTW, these crests you guys are buying from same seller? they look really nice high quality based on the pics posted here so far.
Yes, I have the black and red one and it is solid and made very well.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
So, dumb question, are they made by Porsche, or knockoffs?
I'm led to believe they are not original as some badges say "genuine" in the description and these say "decorative". The genuine items have Porsche part numbers and these have the following disclaimer (product number is for reference purposes ONLY and should NOT serve as an identifier) above a set of numbers that resemble Porsche part numbers.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
465 Posts
I'm led to believe they are not original as some badges say "genuine" in the description and these say "decorative". The genuine items have Porsche part numbers and these have the following disclaimer (product number is for reference purposes ONLY and should NOT serve as an identifier) above a set of numbers that resemble Porsche part numbers.
That was my initial assumption, but I wasn’t sure. I’ve seen sites that list as OEM for about twice as much.

If so, I can’t see putting fake badging on a rather expensive car. I‘m also surprised Porsche doesn’t shut them down. One would assume they own their own trademark badge?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That was my initial assumption, but I wasn’t sure. I’ve seen sites that list as OEM for about twice as much.

If so, I can’t see putting fake badging on a rather expensive car. I‘m also surprised Porsche doesn’t shut them down. One would assume they own their own trademark badge?
these badges maybe “fake” aka not OEM but there is no way to tell if it’s fake or not. Very nice quality!

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
I'm not one to judge, and many of the oem parts are not of the greatest quality to begin with. Center caps, plastic chrome plated key center, speakers, suicidal clock hand, etc.. so I'm not against putting aftermarket parts on my car. As long as they're good quality. And these hood emblems are. I have yet to install mine but can take them both to my shop where I have a density scale, a mm gauge, and a very good macro lens. If anyone is interested, of course.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
New Crest will be here tomorrow....so removed OEM one today.
8mm is correct :)

It like a self tapping nut....and just scores the shaft. There was some rubbery like paste that was in between as well. I rolled that into a ball for reuse. What is that stuff ?

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
465 Posts
I'm not one to judge, and many of the oem parts are not of the greatest quality to begin with. Center caps, plastic chrome plated key center, speakers, suicidal clock hand, etc.. so I'm not against putting aftermarket parts on my car. As long as they're good quality. And these hood emblems are. I have yet to install mine but can take them both to my shop where I have a density scale, a mm gauge, and a very good macro lens. If anyone is interested, of course.
Not judging, just don't understand. I am all for aftermarket upgrades, but to me a badge not made by the company it claims is just weird. I wouldn't buy my wife a fancy purse and put a non genuine tag on it.

Also surprised Porsche lets it happen on reputable sites, guess it's just not worth it to them to chase down.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
221 Posts
Maybe it is genuine. I don’t have enough experience to ascertain. Maybe someone else who’s bought one can chime in. I sell $40k watches to customers and they then proceed to bling it with low quality pave diamond bezels, dials, and bracelets, spending another 20k. Again, who am I to judge? I’m in the business of making people happy.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I think that stuff is rubber Butyl...does it look like it ? Feels like plastascene......will grab some fresh.....

41 - 60 of 91 Posts