Porsche Macan Forum banner

701 - 720 of 788 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Fox News spends their time on so much stupid sh*t that they overlook the importance of the real problems that they help to perpetuate.
You need to realize that people like shifferbrains Tucker and 'Handjob' Hannity are not required to tell the truth. They are not. Their shows are strickly for entertaining THEIR base. It just happens to be, for the most part, in line with the little-big man's. This actually came out a few months ago about this same topic. They, Tucker and Hannity, are showmen. They get paid to spew their crap. Nothing more. Nothing more...

You, collectively, need to look past the hype and distractions. Example: Kodak just got a biga$$ award to create a business from scrath to make PPE parts and pieces. Are you aware that the DAY BEFORE donnie announced this, Kodak sthares rallied 1500%? This never made the news initially. Why not? Distractions. Misdirection. Now everyone is aware of something stinky going on there. I'm sure the SEC will take a look.

On a more personal note, why are we struggling to obtain PPE equipment if el presidente declared himself a 'wartime president' to deal with this. Why have common face masks that cost hospital workers pennies now cost several dollars? Why are some hospitals over-paying for PPE? Why must they be forced to bid against each other for PPE? a
Where's the 'wartime' president? Playing golf Where's the Virus Czar, Pence? Asking his wife, 'mother' for guidence. Where's Jared? No clue....

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
You need to realize that people like shifferbrains Tucker and 'Handjob' Hannity are not required to tell the truth. They are not. Their shows are strickly for entertaining THEIR base. This actually came out a few months ago about this same topic. They, Tucker and Hannity, are showmen.
As are all the non-hard news entertainment programs in prime time.

why are we struggling to obtain PPE equipment
Because CHINA owns the worldwide supply chain for it.
Because US companies had them built, guess where? China

And now look, more delays from CHINA

BECAUSE of THIS:

and this

and this

and on and and on.

because thats where they are made. Now WHO pushed manufacturing overseas? Do the research.

. Why have common face masks that cost hospital workers pennies now cost several dollars?
N95 Medical masks didn't cost pennies. They are over $1 each. This is a common medical respirator

A case of 120 cost $137 You can't buy them. Maybe the hospitals can but AFAIK the public cannot today. Try to buy some.

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
This is both funny and sad. Michigan inn removes Norwegian flag as residents falsely believe it's the Confederate flag. Ignorance at work.

A case of mistaken identity has caused the owners of a Michigan bed and breakfast to remove a Norwegian flag from the front of the inn after dozens of people confused the flag with a Confederate flag, a report said. When Greg and Kjersten Offbecker moved into the historic mansion in St. Johns years ago and turned it into a bed and breakfast called Nordic Pineapple, they installed the flag as a decoration and hung an American flag next to it, WLIX reported. However, dozens of guests and people driving by the inn have wrongly accused the couple of flying a Confederate flag.
:eek::eek::eek: Them rebels are on the ISS too. Top right🇳🇴

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
#1:
///Bruce said:
You need to realize that people like shifferbrains Tucker and 'Handjob' Hannity are not required to tell the truth. They are not. Their shows are strickly for entertaining THEIR base. This actually came out a few months ago about this same topic. They, Tucker and Hannity, are showmen.
As are all the non-hard news entertainment programs in prime time.

///Bruce said:
why are we struggling to obtain PPE equipment
Because CHINA owns the worldwide supply chain for it.
Because US companies had them built, guess where? China

And now look, more delays from CHINA

#1: Yes they are.
#2: Our wartime president has been at this since when? February? March? Tomorrow is August 1st. He could have ratcheted up a hundred companies overnight. But he did not. Fail.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
A life changing decision at age 18. Was he aware of the consequences? Hopefully others will learn from it.
Most interesting in this case is grandma took him down, posted a REVIEW of the vest she bought him to be safe while protesting. Cameras are everywhere. Everyone has one in their hand and thinks its cool to post it.

I know nothing here will change the mind of the 8% on both sides of the rubber band, those that are entrenched in their belief systems, but I suggest the Podcast or watch it on youtube Verdict, Episode 39, A portal into the Progressive Mind featuring Eric Weinstein. No direct link since its contains a current politician. Just ignore the politician if you choose and listen to Eric Weinstein, a progressive. He's very good at explaining whats going on, bashes both sides equally. He knows far more than me. A few key points:

First, the MSM. The term "Russell Conjugation" named for Bertrand Russell is a standard technique of the media. The example he uses is the word "fink" and "whistleblower". The are synonymous. Depending upon the word you used, the former is hated and the latter is loved. And yet, they did the same function. The dance with words is done all the time. Whatever media bubble you read or watch, you are bombarded with Russell Conjugation, words used for emotional impact. The other side is "evil" because the press tell you so. This is why I don't read the "opinions" in articles, just go to the source. The media is referred to as the "Iago Media" :ROFLMAO: Great term. Iago was the guy in Othello some claim to be Shakespeare's worst villain. He's hateful, jealous, etc. Read Jamieson, Lee. "Iago Character Analysis From Shakespeare's 'Othello'." ThoughtCo, Feb. 11, 2020, thoughtco.com/iago-from-othello-2984767. The point is the MSM has taken sides. When "the news" is to advantage to their POV, they report it. Otherwise, they ignore it --- hence Iago Media. The don't report news. They curate it.

Now the virus. @///Bruce I do not have the time or inclination to explain again how the SNS works, the states role in stockpiles, how to acquire the raw materials used in the products, the machines that need to exist to produce the masks, the movement of supply chains from China to, for example, France and the USA. People believe what they want to believe. But Weinstein has some good points on the virus. Start at 52:34

The SNS PPE stockpiles were depleted by Obama and not replenished by Trump. This guy is not a fan of the President but doesn't appear to have TDS either. His contention seems to be that the government, ALL OF THEM, lie to the public. Don't wear mask. No, now wear masks. What? Flatten the curve but they never explain WHY. We know why but ask the person on the street. The supply chain was outsourced. WHY? Who did that? Its ALL of the government and industry over the years. These are complex issues.

His idea was get them all in a room, build an A-Bomb, don't come out of the room until you resolve it. Don't worry about repercussions, you all can lay blame afterwards. Right now end the politics and fix it and don't lie to the public. ... the lack of PPE was a failure of government, over the YEARS, foisted on to the American People. ALL of the government. Didn't happen. Too Toxic. Besides, IMO if they did that March 1, told the public they were screwed on PPE, the buying panic would have been 10 times worse. There would have been a run on soap.

Take a listen. Interesting and smart guy.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Most interesting in this case is grandma took him down, posted a REVIEW of the vest she bought him to be safe while protesting. Cameras are everywhere. Everyone has one in their hand and thinks its cool to post it.

I know nothing here will change the mind of the 8% on both sides of the rubber band, those that are entrenched in their belief systems, but I suggest the Podcast or watch it on youtube Verdict, Episode 39, A portal into the Progressive Mind featuring Eric Weinstein. No direct link since its contains a current politician. Just ignore the politician if you choose and listen to Eric Weinstein, a progressive. He's very good at explaining whats going on, bashes both sides equally. He knows far more than me. A few key points:

First, the MSM. The term "Russell Conjugation" named for Bertrand Russell is a standard technique of the media. The example he uses is the word "fink" and "whistleblower". The are synonymous. Depending upon the word you used, the former is hated and the latter is loved. And yet, they did the same function. The dance with words is done all the time. Whatever media bubble you read or watch, you are bombarded with Russell Conjugation, words used for emotional impact. The other side is "evil" because the press tell you so. This is why I don't read the "opinions" in articles, just go to the source. The media is referred to as the "Iago Media" :ROFLMAO: Great term. Iago was the guy in Othello some claim to be Shakespeare's worst villain. He's hateful, jealous, etc. Read Jamieson, Lee. "Iago Character Analysis From Shakespeare's 'Othello'." ThoughtCo, Feb. 11, 2020, thoughtco.com/iago-from-othello-2984767. The point is the MSM has taken sides. When "the news" is to advantage to their POV, they report it. Otherwise, they ignore it --- hence Iago Media. The don't report news. They curate it.

Now the virus. @///Bruce I do not have the time or inclination to explain again how the SNS works, the states role in stockpiles, how to acquire the raw materials used in the products, the machines that need to exist to produce the masks, the movement of supply chains from China to, for example, France and the USA. People believe what they want to believe. But Weinstein has some good points on the virus. Start at 52:34

The SNS PPE stockpiles were depleted by Obama and not replenished by Trump. This guy is not a fan of the President but doesn't appear to have TDS either. His contention seems to be that the government, ALL OF THEM, lie to the public. Don't wear mask. No, now wear masks. What? Flatten the curve but they never explain WHY. We know why but ask the person on the street. The supply chain was outsourced. WHY? Who did that? Its ALL of the government and industry over the years. These are complex issues.

His idea was get them all in a room, build an A-Bomb, don't come out of the room until you resolve it. Don't worry about repercussions, you all can lay blame afterwards. Right now end the politics and fix it and don't lie to the public. ... the lack of PPE was a failure of government, over the YEARS, foisted on to the American People. ALL of the government. Didn't happen. Too Toxic. Besides, IMO if they did that March 1, told the public they were screwed on PPE, the buying panic would have been 10 times worse. There would have been a run on soap.

Take a listen. Interesting and smart guy.
I'm not sure of your political sway, religion, nationality. I do not believe any of that comes into play here. For me it's more about common sense than to sift through all the nonsense that is being over-produced by fringe groups from any view of the isle. Podcasts? Another avenue of brainwashing: "don't listen to most of what he says, only the part that makes sense to me". I don't have time, figuratively and literally, to listen to thousands of podcasts and pick and choose what I like and ignore the rest and then push that mindset on others.

USA Today
Fox
MSNBC
CNN
Newsy
ABC
NBC
CBS
Wall Street Journal (subscribed)
New York Times (subscribed)
Washington Post (subscribed)

THIS is what I focus on. And when the majority of these all come to the same conclusion regarding 'X', I tend to pay closer attention. The rest, nah.

Question: have you been following the Kodak moment? Navarro started to put this plan together as far back as April. The CEO gets a bunch of stock by the Board. The stock vested THE DAY BEFORE the WH awarded a multi-million dollar contract for Kodak to start from scratch and build pharmaceutical ingredients and drugs. Somethining they've never done before. Not even staffed for something like this! One of the drugs that will be produced is....hydroxychloroquine. Did you see where the FDA reversed their initial use in emergency situations and said use it and then turned right last week (?) and reversed the reverse. Now, it's off the table completely. But yet... it gets made. For who? Oh, another caveat. The CEO weeks before Kodak was awarded, bought a $hitload of Kodak stock. He's a very wealthy man overnight.

Truthfully, you think maybe something is a little off here?

Podcasts? Nah. I'll stick with comics to cheer me up.
482DA23C-50AC-4F4A-9381-24CC374082FE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Gary Larson is bringing the Far Side back out of retirement. Here are two of my favorite oldies. His animal characters seem funniest to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
I will need to read up on Kodak, haven't paid any attention. I'll need to read up on it. There are only so many hours in the day and I got to much too do. Its summer and the yard, outside is taking up time and now that its OK to drive, the cars are getting dirty.

THIS is what I focus on. And when the majority of these all come to the same conclusion regarding 'X', I tend to pay closer attention.
Thats the problem, the Iago Media. You're listening to curated news. Of course they all say the same thing. Haven't you noticed that the left biased media, literally, as in actually literally, used the EXACT same word. They all got the 4 AM memo. It shifts with the narrative. You don't find it strange they actually used the EXACT same words?

When you listen to your selected news, are the left leaning ones telling you that Bill Clinton was on the Epstein Express, per the recently released Court Documents? OTOH, Fox is. One side hides the narrative. The other side uses the narrative.

Regarding hydroxychloroquine, Dr. Birx explained the situation in an interview, because Ohio banned it and then reversed the ban. There are no peer reviewed tests that prove it does any good. Anecdotally, it can do good. Anything can do good, but its not a repeatable and blind test. The good doctor already also explained this and now is on the case of the America's Frontline Physicians. Their 15 minutes is up. Footnotes are the links to the tests

Two new high-quality studies looked exactly at [HCQ] and show absolutely no benefit whatsoever- one in the US, one in Brazil. The Brazil study, published last week in the New England Journal of Medicine, randomized 667 mild patients (504 with lab-confirmed COVID), gave half of them HCQ/antibiotic, waited 15 days, and found it did diddly squat (for statistics junkies- OR of 0.99 and a p value of 1.00 Do you know how hard that is to do?!). [14]

The US study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, randomized 491 mildly sick outpatients to HCQ, recruited from 40 states. 0.4% of both arms (drug and placebo died). There was no significant difference in symptoms or hospitalizations, but there were more side effects in the HCQ group. [15] The UK also undertook a massive study with the same result- no benefit whatsoever [16]. And the same was true in exposed health care workers who were put on HCQ as post-exposure prophylaxis [17].

Sounds reasonable to me. This is something Eric Weinstein hit on too. The scientists have been politicized. Science is supposed to be "pure". E=MC2 no matter your life philosophy. The moment they take sides, they lose credibility. So if 1200 scientists take political sides, they are now ignored by the other half. Similarly, this doctor debunks those in front of the cameras as a politics.

This ...

They were founded as a purely political group, specifically to discuss their views on lockdown, masking mandates, and the economic impact of COVID, who then changed their name to look more neutral and shot this video.

Go back to Russell Conjunctive. Make up an organization, give it a cool name like "anti fascists" when in fact their actions are problematic. Americans Frontline Physicians. Cool name, she claims its a political organization. Both sides do this. And that toxic atmosphere means nothing gets done. Do you see the Congressional Leaders getting anything accomplished? Ever notice everything goes right to the deadline and then ... nothing, they do a continuing resolution.

Anybody run out of unemployment now that its August? They can't do a A-bomb build because they sure look like they hate each other.

Forgot another key point about Portland/Seatle. Listen carefully to the nightly chants. They aren't just saying *** Trump but also * Ted Wheeler. Anarchists anarch. Now they moved on to burning bibles

Weinstein also explains this as Maoism. To revolt, you need to burn everything down, all institutions, all politicians. You need to start new, NO religion. Communism has no religion. But these groups, left and right have always existed in the shadows. The difference today, per the podcast, is that elected officials are now siding with the left extremists, stopping the LEOs from protecting property. If they didn't, you wouldn't see any of this as they would all be in State Jails. Instead, by forcing the feds to come in to protect federal property, if convicted, their sentences might be far worse and in a federal pen. Its almost as if they want that to happen, to clean the streets up by removing the violent by moving them into the federal systems.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thats the problem, the Iago Media. You're listening to curated news. Of course they all say the same thing. Haven't you noticed that the left biased media, literally, as in actually literally, used the EXACT same word. They all got the 4 AM memo. It shifts with the narrative. You don't find it strange they actually used the EXACT same words?
Curated means literally "carefully selected", so the phrase should serve as a warning or confession of sorts. Fox sometimes plays snips of 6-8 other networks using the exact same phrase on a given news day. What a coincidence! How do the all do that? Who provides the script?

But getting to your broader point @grim, the center of the dialogue has become thin territory. I'm really growing to appreciate Bill Maher's ability to speak from the center to both ends of the spectrum, saying "come on guys ....". He and his panel recently addressed the letter signed by folks opposed to Cancel Culture. It's an "illiberal" threat to both liberal and conservative thought and aims to prohibit any conversations that might lead to constructive compromise.

"What we're trying to say with the letter -- and what Thomas did in forming it -- was saying what's happening now with this growing culture of illiberalism is different from criticism," Weiss explained. "Thomas and I, you, Bill, we're used to criticism. Criticism is kosher in the work that we do. Criticism is great. What cancel culture is about is not criticism. It is about punishment. It is about making a person radioactive. It is about taking away their job."

"It's not just about punishing the sinner, it's not just about punishing the person for being insufficiently pure. It's about this sort of secondary boycott of people who would deign to speak to that person or appear on a platform with that person. And we see just very obviously where that kind of politics gets us. If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence."

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
Curated means literally "carefully selected", so the phrase should serve as a warning or confession of sorts. Fox sometimes plays snips of 6-8 other networks using the exact same phrase on a given news day. What a coincidence! How do the all do that? Who provides the script?
;) Amazing how that works out. All the same words? 🤔

The "entertainment" side has also taken lately to bashing each other, both sides. Well, they are competition.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The "entertainment" side has also taken lately to bashing each other, both sides. Well, they are competition.
Cage fight!

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
Question: have you been following the Kodak moment? Navarro started to put this plan together as far back as April. The CEO gets a bunch of stock by the Board. The stock vested THE DAY BEFORE the WH awarded a multi-million dollar contract for Kodak to start from scratch and build pharmaceutical ingredients and drugs.
I don't know all the details of the stock or options acquisitions but I know this, don't read the Iago media. I don't know much of this world so I tried to read what I could from Barrons, FT, Business Insider, Marketwatch, and WSJ. Forget about CNN, NBC, Fox, etc. other than CNBC and FBN.

From what I gather, the CEO did nothing illegal, no insider trading. The trades were routine, he did something similar in March. The amounts were not unusual and a fraction of his wealth. Besides, the SEC would be all over this because its too highly visible.

However, something else might be going on. I learned something new, robin hood trading. Looks like day trading call options.

Now this. It makes sense that if people are home with nothing to do, they can try to make money. Much of the new interest came from Robinhood investors.

Before the Tuesday announcement of Kodak's loan, roughly 9,300 Robinhood traders held the stock, according to Robintrack.net. By noon on Wednesday, that number was above 72,000

But ....

Similar buying sprees have taken place on Robinhood this year. After Hertzannounced its bankruptcy in late May, retail traders flooded the stock with cash in hopes that it would miraculously avoid insolvency. The car-rental company rallied more than 900% over nine days, and the share of Robinhood investors holding Hertz shares nearly tripled.

and from CNBC

“Any time a stock has this big a move, it is going to draw attention, especially one that was a household name,” ...
According to data from Robintrack, these investors also frequently pile into more speculative areas of the market, including names like Nikola, Plug Power and Virgin Galactic.

Sound like speculators speculating. Nothing nefarious. It could be 1637 and time to buy Tulips. Unless you have some definitive proof of nefarious intent, allegations are just allegations/opinions.

No sports, they are gambling with daytrading

The growing presence of retail investors has become a popular markets narrative this year with zero commission fees and the potential for entertainment in a world largely without sports or gambling luring a new crop of traders.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Timing. It's the timing that is suspicious. BTW, I also read the same material you do and more. Not saying I'm well-read. At times, the mind gets turned to mush with so much 'noise' out there. That's where the sifting begins. You look for the little nuggets of 'gold' at the bottom of the news pan...

It is aggravating that many people say some good things. But there's no one individual saying all those good things. For me, it's findng someone that meets most of my concepts and ideas of a better union. We forget we have more in common than not regardless of.

My wife and I have a saying: "I love you at least 70% of the time". We overlook the 30% because the 70% is worth it. Maybe we need to start looking at others the same way. Might make a difference.

Marcus Aurelius talked of people, or tribes, are like body parts, like the legs, the arms, fingers, brain. The body works better when the body acts as one. It is unnatural to do otherwise. It's self-defeating. Out of the mouth of a man who lived almost 2,000 years ago. He was considered 'the most Christian Pagan' by some.

Reactions: Dkayak

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
MSNBC producer quits

Viewers watch for comfort 😅

Factual data to cumbersome for viewers

arrogant?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
@grim You will love this. The disastrous Mayor of Minneapolis is now blaming the disastrous Governor of Minnesota and blaming him for the destruction of the city. I have my popcorn ready to watch this unfold.

Mayor Frey: Gov. Walz was slow to deploy National Guard during Minneapolis riots

Reactions: grim

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
@grim You will love this. The disastrous Mayor of Minneapolis is now blaming the disastrous Governor of Minnesota and blaming him for the destruction of the city. I have my popcorn ready to watch this unfold.

Mayor Frey: Gov. Walz was slow to deploy National Guard during Minneapolis riots

I remember the video of Mayor Frey telling his police to retreat from Precinct 3. What a guy!

701 - 720 of 788 Posts