Porsche Macan Forum banner

681 - 700 of 790 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This is both funny and sad. Michigan inn removes Norwegian flag as residents falsely believe it's the Confederate flag. Ignorance at work.

A case of mistaken identity has caused the owners of a Michigan bed and breakfast to remove a Norwegian flag from the front of the inn after dozens of people confused the flag with a Confederate flag, a report said. When Greg and Kjersten Offbecker moved into the historic mansion in St. Johns years ago and turned it into a bed and breakfast called Nordic Pineapple, they installed the flag as a decoration and hung an American flag next to it, WLIX reported. However, dozens of guests and people driving by the inn have wrongly accused the couple of flying a Confederate flag.

Reactions: ///Bruce

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
This is both funny and sad. Michigan inn removes Norwegian flag as residents falsely believe it's the Confederate flag. Ignorance at work.

A case of mistaken identity has caused the owners of a Michigan bed and breakfast to remove a Norwegian flag from the front of the inn after dozens of people confused the flag with a Confederate flag, a report said. When Greg and Kjersten Offbecker moved into the historic mansion in St. Johns years ago and turned it into a bed and breakfast called Nordic Pineapple, they installed the flag as a decoration and hung an American flag next to it, WLIX reported. However, dozens of guests and people driving by the inn have wrongly accused the couple of flying a Confederate flag.
Fox News spends their time on so much stupid sh*t that they overlook the importance of the real problems that they help to perpetuate.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Fox News spends their time on so much stupid sh*t that they overlook the importance of the real problems that they help to perpetuate.
@yrralis1 It wasn't reported only at Fox News. It shows what happens when you don't go to school.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
@yrralis1 It wasn't reported only at Fox News. It shows what happens when you don't go to school.

They have a lot of company then . Truly this is not the biggest fish to fry at the moment .

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Never going to happen He will be near 80 and his party wont want him either by then. They have been quiet but just like quite a few others they start talking AFTER they feel free to talk.

Besides I hope the next crop of choices are younger, energetic and insightful on both sides of the aisle . I am not thrilled with Biden but at this stage I'd vote for Big Bird before more Trump.
Just as for the Supreme Court there needs to be an age limit (may I suggest 60?) for the Presidency. How can you present a believable agenda for the future at 80 years old? Go and rant with your family but leave the public alone with your "ideas".

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Just as for the Supreme Court there needs to be an age limit (may I suggest 60?) for the Presidency. How can you present a believable agenda for the future at 80 years old? Go and rant with your family but leave the public alone with your "ideas".
It may fall under age discrimination . There are people who live well into the 90's who can still boogie at 80 years old . I personally wish that a younger and more vibrant selection were represented on the ballot . This way doubts and considerations of cognitive competencies would be off the table for both candidates .

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It may fall under age discrimination . There are people who live well into the 90's who can still boogie at 80 years old . I personally wish that a younger and more vibrant selection were represented on the ballot . This way doubts and considerations of cognitive competencies would be off the table for both candidates .
Hmmm maybe... I don't know. Would the minimum age limit of 35 for the President not be considered age discrimination as well then?

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
I don't care if the crowd is violent or if they are arresting anyone .I feel that anyone who points a rifle in the face of a young unarmed woman with a poster in her hand is a COWARD . This is precisely what they are protesting about .
Go to pix 35, day 1. See that guy on the roof, long rifle with the tripod, telescopic sight, flash suppressor? Do you think that has live ammo in it? You think its been pointed at any unarmed young women that day? Do we know? ??? I don't. Now go to day 2, photo 4. Absorb the scene. We know they used non-lethal weapons. The video shows it. See the guy in the Camo on the fence that has her in a crossfire? Now pay attention to her legs. She's walking to the camo on the line. She wasn't standing still. She came to him.

Now lets look at an iconic photo, nominated for a pulitzer. Flower Power (photograph) - Wikipedia Those rifles pointed at him are real. Heres the original https://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/03/17/PH2007031701303.html

A second iconic photo Behind the Image: Protesting the Vietnam War with a Flower • Marc Riboud •Magnum Photos Copyrighted photo. View on their site. Scroll down, young girl was in their face. Any of that look familiar? Two photos, one with a flower, the other with arms wide. Did she walk up to the military troops line? Were the rifles already pointed at the protesters and she walked in front of the rifles?

I don't know why the young girl walked up to the police line but you can see from photo 4, she's walking up to him. Is it possible the weapon was already up, and she walked to it on purpose and he really had it up because of the crowd behind her? I don't know. Is it possible? You, we, need to know the ENTIRE story, not just one instant of time.

If you think this guy is a coward, then start digging deeper, far deeper. Look at all of the photos in history. Find every similar photo. Look at the entire set of circumstances. I'm not defending this guy. I don't know WHY that picture looks the way it does but I see the second guy in Camo has her in a crossfire. Did she represent a threat to the arrest?

If you want to worry about something, you're looking at the wrong thing. That non-lethal weapon would have left a serious mark or killed her. I have no doubt about that. But LOOK UP Go to pix 35, day 1. That is what you might want to worry about. That would have been lethal.

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Hmmm maybe... I don't know. Would the minimum age limit of 35 for the President not be considered age discrimination as well then?
Age discrimination refers to employment of those over 40. Nothing to do with elected officials.

Since once party's candidate is 79, and there are 4 member of Congress who are 86, this argument falls apart. Although I agree in that why aren't lifetime politicians enjoying retirement?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Go to pix 35, day 1. See that guy on the roof, long rifle with the tripod, telescopic sight, flash suppressor? Do you think that has live ammo in it?
That’s what keeps the anarchists and self-proclaimed “revolutionaries” from resorting to firearms. It wouldn’t last long. You don’t want the cops on the street returning fire, but these guys are far more precise and have a safer angle. Their presence is wise. It keeps a lid on things. They define a boundary that can’t be crossed, keeping everyone safer, including the true protesters.

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Now this (below) is yet another event which took place in New York . It supposedly the cops . Again it get8ing two the point when images of people jumping out of unmarked cars grabbing people off the street begs the question. if they really are the police . But lets say it is the police . The protestors claim THEY are LYING . Just as they LIED with Geoge Floyd and countless of other examples . They were ready to life with Brooks too. Whats catching them are these civilians with cameras .
Of course its the cops. MSNBC anchor, such drama, calls it a kidnapping and corrected by NBC reporter, someone had five warrants.

I might judge it poor optics but do not think this hasn't happened before? Maybe they should have grabbed the wanted person at home rather than the middle of the street to avoid the drama

NYC? WHY did they do it in such a public manner? Think about that. Why would such a high profile arrest be made in one of the most liberal cities in the nation? What are we missing here?

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Never going to happen He will be near 80 and his party wont want him either by then.
:ROFLMAO: If this scenario played out, what makes you think he'd run as a Republican? 😂

Remember we talked about that Gov where Jack Kennedy took his National Guard away from him in a very public manner? Remember him? He was a Democrat. What did he do? He ran for President in '68 and got 46 electoral votes. Did he cost Humphrey the presidency? NO ONE, as a third party, has got more electoral votes in history than Wallace. And then he went back to being a Dem. What was the game plan? He had to know he wasn't going to win. OK, spoiler. It was to deny a majority and throw the election to the house.

Now think about the house. Dems own it right now. You'd think that might be a bad idea, right? 😅Umm no. That's not how they vote for Prez. Its by state. Remember those pesky states? States not only apply in the Senate but for voting for President when elections get thrown to the House. Guess which party controls the House today at the STATE level. Not the Dems.

Remember this guy, you know the guy with all the charts in '92 trying to get the budget straight?

He got zero electoral votes but 19,000,000 popular votes. Did he cost Bush I the 92 election? Where did his votes come from? Thats the Reform Party. Guess who was going to run for President for the Reform party in 2000. Guess.

😆The Reform Party's presidential candidate for the 2000 election was due federal matching funds of $12.5 million, based on Perot's 8 percent showing in 1996. ... Donald Trump entered the race briefly, giving television interviews outlining his platform. Trump was progressive on social issues..."

The GOP won't want him? Since this is "theoretical future", if the imaginary scenario plays out, EVERYTHING the dems reverse in the next four years will be about him. Everything. His name will be constantly in the news. He'll suck the oxygen out of every room he enters, media that want ratings won't take their attention away, suddenly he'll be back on CNN and MSNBC and a single threat to run as a third party and just watch how fast the GOP run to him. And if they don't, do not be surprised he pulls a Wallace, but gets a 2024 election thrown to the house and then becomes the power broker that decides the eventual winner. Go do a poll of those who will vote for Trump in 20. Ask them if they will vote for a GOP nominee or Trump as a Third Party in 24 in this theoretical future.

Look up. Don't look straight ahead. Look up, the real threat is from above.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
:ROFLMAO: If this scenario played out, what makes you think he'd run as a Republican? 😂
You think he'll run. I don't . Who cares .. both are speculation . Whats real is that he's running now so if he's really that great he'd win by a landslide .

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Of course its the cops. MSNBC anchor, such drama, calls it a kidnapping and corrected by NBC reporter, someone had five warrants.

I might judge it poor optics but do not think this hasn't happened before? Maybe they should have grabbed the wanted person at home rather than the middle of the street to avoid the drama

NYC? WHY did they do it in such a public manner? Think about that. Why would such a high profile arrest be made in one of the most liberal cities in the nation? What are we missing here?
I don;t watch MSNBC . I actually saw this on local Miami Fox News (while looking at the tropical storm) and they called it "controversial" Video shows New York police pulling a woman into an unmarked van. She was wanted for damaging police cameras, police say
Not everyone is Tucker or Hannity I suppose.
This is quite theatrical for a spray painter IMO.

Why did they do this in public ? That's the better question you asked . They killed George Floyd in public too. They pushed that old man in public too. They continue to do these acts in public .
The macho stuff is NOT WORKING for them. In this case the protestors said they are lying . The mother of this individual said they mocked her "why aren't you normal" (mom said). The Mayor and politicians are all over it in New York . By the time its over the charges likely will be dropped. Would you be surprised if the officer who arrested her and mocked her faces the ACLU for a potential hate crime ?

The reason why the protestors are out in the street is because they want this macho crap to STOP . It is up to the police to be professional and repeadel;y they are caught on camera doing the opposite.

Here's. a brief compilation.NFWS .

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
You think he'll run. I don't .
I never said that. I said you shouldn't fear he won't leave the WH. Thats a pundits talking point and fantasy. Haven't you notice all the pundits get the same 4 am talking points and use them in a coordinated way? I said ...

This is a pundit talking point, scare the public. If you believe it, then you believe it. But THIS is what you should be afraid of and not 100 Bikers with AR15s protecting him from the Secret Service evicting him. No, Fear this.
I got no idea if he'll just go play golf all day. No idea at all. But if you want to fear something, fear Grover Cleveland Part Deux because you won't hear ANYTHING on the news for the next four years but his name. Whether it be "The Trump Policy" reversed or him saying something, if he chooses to, it will be a VERY long 4 years.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I never said that. I said you shouldn't fear he won't leave the WH. Thats a pundits talking point and fantasy. Haven't you notice all the pundits get the same 4 am talking points and use them in a coordinated way? I said ...

I got no idea if he'll just go play golf all day. No idea at all. But if you want to fear something, fear Grover Cleveland Part Deux because you won't hear ANYTHING on the news for the next four years but his name. Whether it be "The Trump Policy" reversed or him saying something, if he chooses to, it will be a VERY long 4 years.
Que sera sera.

·
Super Moderator
8,663 Posts
Why did they do this in public ? That's the better question you asked . They killed George Floyd in public too. They pushed that old man in public too.
Yeah, why? Who ordered it? Why were there a half dozen or so bicycle cops already they, obviously coordinated, to make a spectacle of it? Why not just arrest her quietly at home.

Don't confuse the issue with other incidents. They are not related since this mode of operation was highly visible the last week. I wonder why they did this? 🤔

681 - 700 of 790 Posts