Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
I agree with what you said until this point. Then I disagree.

In 1965 during the Watts riots, TV was in its infancy, a grainy 19" B&W box. In 1992 it was color but still grainy and 25". Today. Everything is in full HD or 4K glory on 50 to 60" screens, and surround sound. What you are watching, live is going to be a giant Political ad, going city by city with clips like this, from this afternoon. The cops just stood there and did nothing. Why? They'll go city by city and show these clips and it all be an unbelievable ad. You did this.

Remember federalism? Just like the ventilators, its up to the locals to take care of their own people. The local officials will have to ASK for federal help under the Insurrection Act, otherwise Posse Comitatus will not allow them to move in easily. He could use 10 USC 253 but why? The people their voted for their officials. Notice he keeps asking them to do something and nothing happens? You think thats an accident? Its now an official record. Meanwhile, there's this Attorney General William P. Barr's Statement on Riots and Domestic Terrorism That brings into effect this, a DHS employee was killed, a federal officer.

Which means this https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-113B

And its a whole other ballgame. Notice 10 USC 2332F Follow through to USC 18 and the definition of explosive. If they follow through, those that cross state lines are in for world of hurt. Its not 1969, its not 1992, its after 9/11. Up until now, its local laws. Now, the gates of **** can be unleashed - IF they follow through. Crossing state lines? Interstate traffic. My opinion only, you will only see state's talking care of their own unless they attack federal facilities, like the WH. Then it will turn deadly. And if the states don't do their jobs? See @santastico post above. I know a lot of people think the President is some giant idiot. Think this though. Think about the TV ad being compiled right now. I will be amazed, truly amazed, if you see tanks shooting at US citizens. IMO, no way. This is all on the local officials. Its their job. Which puts them in a bind because if they "ask" for help, they come across inept. Meanwhile, IMO watch for the federal arrests of "outside agitators". The legit protesters are fine, 1st amendment. The looters are a local problem. Kill a fed? Declared a terrorist organization. Did everyone forget 9/11?
Excellent reminder @grim. That’s exactly as it should be. Each city and state gets the kind of government they choose. There’s some “buyer’s remorse“ lately.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The rioting continuous in my city tonight. Never had this the 14 years I live here. The mayor is obviously incompetent - no curfew after yesterdays' events you dum-dum? They are destroying our downtown! For what??? Covid shutdown frustration?...2 months with mom and daddy was too much? My favorite restaurant was looted last night. Really?! Because they did so well recently and hurt the african american community? I'm fed up! No sympathy for it anymore. The worst a$$holes I see on TV are white...what's up with that...what are you doing there shattering windows?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
He did. He spoke to the nation on National TV at one of the most significant events since maybe the first space shuttle launch? Text:
After Charlottesville and the comment he made from the 60's Miami riots I don't think he can say much to convince them of sincerity .

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
There is no way this ends peacefully. Not now. No longer will this be tolerated by minorities. There will be blood....
Miami had an extremely large peaceful protest today . Yesterday the leaders had not anticipated what trhery ended up with so today they tried the same thing they did in Coral Gables . They gave the peaceful protestors a platform to voice themselves and they spoke too. Within the dialogue the police chief shared that 57 people had been arrested the night before and only 13 of them were from Miami . They expressed that these outsiders come in and agitate only to leave both the locals and the police with the mess . They asked the protestors to call them out or move away from them and point them out so the cops would see they are not part of it . It worked . At one point they took a knee together in solidarity . Even Fox News noticed Miami-area police, protesters pray together amid George Floyd unrest

From link -

At 8m PM the curfew began and almost all of them left .

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
I dont think you guys get it . Sure there are some agitators and even a few right wing groups with cameras too just like at the "consent of the goverened" protests (also out of state people) . Mixed in as well are even a few local trouble makers but that is not the MAJORITY .
It doesn't have to be the majority. It only needs to be a few instigating. They don't go after everyone. They go after the few. What the LEO did was terrible. This has nothing to do with that anymore. If the only thing you watch is the main TV networks, then you are seeing a tiny, tiny fraction of everything going on. Local news is much better, like I could see KARE from MN. "social media" have a million times more. Everyone is publishing. And what I saw was disgraceful. You can't tell me this was about that poor man in MN. These were thieves and muggers. There are hundreds of videos of them beating up people. They are so disgraceful, beating up old shop keepers of all genders and races. It didn't matter. There might be 100,000 such videos. You think the videos are going to just disappear?

The riots just reached the big time. Take a look at the picture of the bud light in the article.

Two Brooklyn lawyers, including an Ivy League graduate corporate attorney, are facing federal charges over accusations they tossed a Molotov cocktail into an NYPD vehicle early Saturday morning during a protest over the police killing of George Floyd.
They defaced national monuments. They set fire in the basement of St John's Church, a Historical Landmark. This is the Church of Presidents. President Lincoln prayed in this Church for the end of the Civil War. Public Domain photo. Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print

I would not plan on there being Prime Time speech from the Oval Office on this. You're watching the edits being made for the next campaign ad. City by City, local authorities are responsible for their own. This is federalism. Some cities like Miami did well? Why? Others not so well? Why not? They want help? Thank Reconstruction and Posse Comitatus. Can't have Federal Troops in US cities. The cities need to ask for help, which would imply they are inept. He could use the Insurrection Act but if people die, who will they blame? But if the cities ask, then who will they blame? You will not see US tanks in American cities shooting Americans. I could be wrong but I hope not. I hope this was it. Here's a bit of info. DC just implemented a 20 MPH speed limit. They are enforced with speed cameras :ROFLMAO: I guess they will be observed as well as that "curfew" was last night.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It’s even reached Peoria IL, a small city of 111,000. Last night Police reported a caravan of 20-60 vehicles traveled around at high speed, leaving a trail of mayhem. The Shot Spotter system reported 27 gunfire incidents and 87 shots fired. Over 50 businesses had glass broken, many were burglarized, and 11 were torched. We’re quite secure at home but wish someone would restore order. At some point the public will demand it, but we’re not there yet. The police are overwhelmed by it all.

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
Be careful @Dkayak Autopsy is in. Sounds bad and hopefully justice will be done with the appropriate charges to all involved. Meanwhile, the looting, beating, and arson is not going unnoticed. I watched todays briefing. Like I predicted, there will be no prime time address from the Oval Office. The President spoke already. The Press chose not to cover it or push it. That's on the press. There will be no tanks rolling in US streets shooting US citizens. Federalism. Thats up to the local officials. At least so far, she said there is no intention at looking at the Insurrection Act. Why should they? Its up to those mayors to sort it out or ASK for help. And the Church? BIG mistake. BIG. After listening here, go read the DOJ press releases. One example of MANY

“Those who cause any damage to federal property have committed a federal crime and will be prosecuted in a federal court.

Don't think "domestic terrorism" is used? Look it up under Terrorism

“The Attorney General has made it clear that those who instigate or carryout violence will be arrested and prosecuted,” said U.S. Attorney Byung J. “BJay” Pak. “Americans enjoy the right to peacefully assemble and protest. However, when it turns violent and destructive, a line has been crossed.
Mentioned in todays briefing under domestic terrorism

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hopefully the Feds will show zero tolerance, methodically tracking down and prosecuting violations of Federal law. Stay in the Federal lane. Take care of business. That will eventually create a very interesting contrast to the “let it burn” approach of some mayors and governors. Remember Baltimore mayor Rawlings-Blake in 2015: "We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well." Now we’re trying this failed experiment on a much bigger scale.

Reactions: iconoclast

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
Hopefully the Feds will show zero tolerance, methodically tracking down and prosecuting violations of Federal law. Stay in the Federal lane. Take care of business. That will eventually create a very interesting contrast to the “let it burn” approach of some mayors and governors. Remember Baltimore mayor Rawlings-Blake in 2015: "We also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well." Now we’re trying this failed experiment on a much bigger scale.
The sad thing for some neighborhoods is some small stores people depend upon will not open. They have been crippled by the virus and now this. Do they have insurance to cover it? I don't know. But now you mentioned Baltimore ... Everything is on camera. Five years ago. Lets go to the archives.

Cross a state line? Use interstate communications? You belong to the feds. Oh wait, who was that? The ex-DAG. What a coincidence.

And now you know why all the emphasis on "outside agitators?"

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
'We came to riot': Chicago man livestreamed lighting fires, throwing bombs at police officers in Minneapolis, charges say

A Chicago man who came to Minneapolis to riot last week broadcast live video of himself handing out explosives to others, destroying property and appearing to set a Sprint store on fire, according to charges filed in federal court in Minnesota Monday afternoon.

Matthew Lee Rupert, 28, is in custody in Chicago on charges of civil disorder, illegal possessing of explosive devices and rioting, making him the first person to face federal prosecution for allegedly taking part in the fires and looting that engulfed the Twin Cities over the past week since the death of George Floyd in police custody. He will appear before a federal judge in Chicago later Monday.

The complaint alleges Rupert posted video and other updates throughout Friday night and early Saturday morning detailing his role in the destruction, including handing others explosive devices and announcing, “He’s throwing my bombs ... they’re going to bomb the police with them.”

“Good, shot my boy,” he shouted after one of the explosions, according to the complaint. “We came here to riot,” he declared later.

Later in the night, Rupert asked for lighter fluid and entered a Sprint store, according to the complaint. “I lit it on fire,” he said, before entering an Office Depot and looting it.

On Saturday night, Rupert posted to Facebook his plans to return to Chicago and riot there, and he continued to post updates of him doing just that, according to the complaint. Rupert is in custody in Chicago.

Reactions: Dkayak

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I have seen much in my life, but I have NEVER seen what I just saw and you are likely NEVER to see such a thing again. The President has walked, WALKED, out of the WH across the street and to the Church of the Presidents. Defacing and burning that Church? I told you, BIG MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE. BTW, if you follow this, understand what he said. He's not invoking the Insurrection Act unless the local executives can't handle it. Let the locals do their own job.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Walking to the church was a statement. We are now going to take back our communities.

It was also a bold dare. What do you suppose would have gone down had the mobs tried to swarm him? That would have been another bold statement, Act 1 of reclaiming our public spaces.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The President has walked, WALKED, out of the WH across the street and to the Church of the Presidents. Defacing and burning that Church? I told you, BIG MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE. BTW, if you follow this, understand what he said. He's not invoking the Insurrection Act unless the local executives can't handle it. Let the locals do their own job.
What a hero....:rolleyes:

So police disperse the peaceful protesters outside the White House gates in broad daylight with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets....all so the President could hold a photo op.

I guess he felt the need to save face after hiding in the Bunker last night with the lights turned off.

Reactions: trusted

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
What a hero....:rolleyes:

So police disperse the peaceful protesters outside the White House gates in broad daylight with tear gas, flash grenades and rubber bullets....all so the President could hold a photo op.

I guess he felt the need to save face after hiding in the Bunker last night with the lights turned off.
Come visit Minneapolis and see how “peaceful” the protesters were. The city downtown and uptown has been devastated. Our Governor and mayor said they didn’t need the National Guars. Check NYC. Incredibly “peaceful”.

Reactions: Dkayak

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Look who our tax money is funding in our Universities. That is where we are sending our kids.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Come visit Minneapolis and see how “peaceful” the protesters were. The city downtown and uptown has been devastated. Our Governor and mayor said they didn’t need the National Guars. Check NYC. Incredibly “peaceful”.
Straw argument.

The vast majority of the protesters in the all the U.S. cities recently were peaceful.

Blame the instigators and looters for the devastation.

Reactions: ///Bruce

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Straw argument.

The vast majority of the protesters in the all the U.S. cities recently were peaceful.

Have you seen any candlelight vigil in honor of Mr. Floyd? I haven't. That is what I call peaceful protest.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Straw argument.

Peaceful protests are well-organized and occur during the day. Any protester on the streets after dark is at best a pawn for gangs of looters, arsonists, and anarchists who are destroying our communities while masquerading as protesters. If true protesters would stay off the streets at night police could more aggressively address criminal behavior. Don’t be a human shield for a bunch of thugs.

41 - 60 of 534 Posts