Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Our recent history of excusing rioting and looting as just blowing off steam has created a knee-jerk bad habit among segments of society. They’re like the spoiled kid on the floor at the supermarket with a parent standing by begging, pleading, and apologizing for the disturbance. We’ve earned this by tolerating it so many times before. Allow demonstrations of course. But these guys are on video. They should be prosecuted for arson and theft. Do it this time to prevent the next time. Make examples of both the bad cops and the looters and arsonists. Set boundaries for all concerned.

When the message sent is “you’re entitled to burn and loot”, you are going to get a LOT of burning and looting, night after night. Announcing a curfew after you’ve destroyed your credibility is pointless. Too late. I’m afraid it will only stop after someone with credibility moves into position. Military Police might have that credibility? Someone must stay STOP and convince them the consequences are serious. Notice how the mob at the White House decided not to rush the place last night. Why? :unsure: Consequences. Really bad ones. There are no consequences in Minneapolis, so expect fires and looting again tonight.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I think what is being seen is the emotional reasoning of a hurt and angry population .
How much of this is true protesting?
How much is Antifa or some sort of people who just like to steal and burn?, and
How much is people fed up with two months of lockdowns and the combination of 1 and 2 led to an explosion?

I wonder the analysis of this after wards. How much will be attributed to being locked down?

The fact that it is a national event in many cities reflects a large enough mass to not even be considered a minority .
Maybe you weren't old enough but no, this is nowhere near a majority. In fact, its kind of routine. Its organized, not organic, the power of the internet. There were riots in Baltimore a few years ago, NG was called in. 5 days or so of burning streets. You all remember it? What was it about? How about St. Louis in 2017 and Ferguson in 2014?

Now go back to pre-internet days, when riots were truly organic. Think about this ...In 1968/69, 100,000 died from the Hong Kong Flu. 100,000 showed up at Woodstock for a big party. At the same time RFK and MLK were both assassinated. Ya think there were riots? Remember the Chicago DNC convention? There were 1,180 fires in DC from rioting. 13 killed, 1100 injured, over 7000 arrested, and thats just ONE city. This is all too familiar. Its just the "news reporters" today weren't even born. Oh yeah, and in the middle of all it, Man walked on the moon AND a full scale, real war was going on in the jungle with B52s bombing daily and nightly news of "body counts". And on top of that, every day, literally everyday, there was a protest in college campus everywhere. And lets not forget the NG killed 4 students at Kent State. Any of this sounding familiar? Neil DeGrasse Tyson was lecturing a young CNN "anchor" on this while the rocket was going up. The anchor was wondering about the dichotomy of the space shot with the protests and Dr. Tyson was like "Huh?" This is nothing.

These are very troubling times .
They are no where near as troubling as 50 years ago. Not even close. Remember the SDS and weatherman? Read this. Any of this sound familiar with today? I'm not going over it here but sure sounds the same as Antifa.

Meanwhile,
a bomb made with ten sticks of dynamite exploded in the 240 Centre Street, the headquarters of the New York City Police Department.
set off a bomb on the Senate side of the United States Capitol. While the bomb smashed windows and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of damage,
The list goes on and one. No, its nowhere near as it used to be. What you are seeing is the amplification and glorification of looting via the internet. Instant communications. If you really want to see these riots, watch on periscope. Some things I noticed about the young reporters today. Its like they don't know how things work? The network doesn't matter, they just seems to have no experience

Reporter picks up an tear gas shell canister and immediately drops it. Its hot :rolleyes: Really?
Another one sees someone with an amplified megaphone and calls it an "intercom"
My favorite is the reporter wearing a full NBC gas mask with glasses on and is wondering why some tear gas got in No, it can, and has gotten far worse. Watch

This isn't new. Its old

I really hope it ends peacefully and quickly. Please. If not and the locals are inept, remember history in restoring order, remember Bush I used the Insurrection act in 1992 and Bush II in 2001. Whoever "they" are who are not peacefully protesting, as is their right, but it won't be like the past. The night sky could up in a very bad way. If they hurt civilians or police, this is going to end very badly. And that LEO? What was he thinking? Disgusting.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
he could have gone in person and stood beside whoever arrested that officer was he walked him to his temporary cell.
Good idea

Instead he writes a post gets deleted and argues with twitter .
IMO Twitter made a huge mistake.The dropped their mask of neutrality. I like Twitter because it allows anyone to be a reporter. But the moment they became a publisher rather than a platform, they sealed their fate. They'll pull their protection. Meanwhile Facebook was chill.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Arrest them all! This is ridiculous! You loot here? In my diverse and inclusive city? Our police is great! I have neighbors of all colors. We ALL get along. I have no words. I'm of liberal mindset, but this is not protesting. 20-30 year old a$$holes who missed any parenting obviously. I admire our police officers restraint. But enough is enough...

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
How much of this is true protesting?
How much is Antifa or some sort of people who just like to steal and burn?, and
How much is people fed up with two months of lockdowns and the combination of 1 and 2 led to an explosion?

I wonder the analysis of this after wards. How much will be attributed to being locked down?
It's happening here in Miami and local news reported that much of the violence and looting is done by "professional agitators" . Some of then are not even from Florida . It opens up a concern on so many levels and even those who were trying to peacefully protest were upset .

I had no idea this was even going on and basically drove right into the are where it had been dispersed. It turns out that Coral Gables (its a very nice area with a lot of diversity) was able to assemble black leaders , police officials and protestors into a peaceful dialogue . The news showed how just being able to talk this out made a huge difference towards the outcome. It concluded with no incident . Coral Gables protesters demonstrate without incident

On the other hand the City of Miami and downtown area had a different outcome but not nearly as bad as what I am seeing play out ion other states .

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
@yrralis1 What they call leadership here in MN is a joke. As @grim said the population chose these people to lead the State and city. I said this before but will say again. In my home country we don’t care about the party. Here the people do. We care about the candidate. Here they don’t. They put people with absolutely zero experience to run the state. Yes, this would be a piece of cake if it was on normal times. They would raise taxes as always and we would all live our lives. They had no idea a virus and the insane murdering of a black man was coming. When the leadership was needed they couldn’t deliver. Hopefully the population will learn from this next time.
I know you have been upset about the lockdown but I have a feeling that your lockdown isn't going to end anytime soon . Considering the public safety hazard, the outsiders going and bring even more spread to your area , and the overall destruction it does not look promising . I actually feel badly for you . Just when you thought you are about to be set free Shazam .. this. If there was an award for what NOT to do in a pandemic ..Minnesota would be a major contender ,

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Normally I'd suggest the President to speak and try and diffuse some of this but part of their anger is voiced towards his methods .
He did. He spoke to the nation on National TV at one of the most significant events since maybe the first space shuttle launch? Text:

The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief.Yesterday, I spoke to George's family and expressed the sorrow of our entire nation for their loss. I stand before you as a friend and ally to every American seeking justice and peace. And I stand before you in firm opposition to anyone exploiting this tragedy to loot, rob, attack, and menace. Healing, not hatred; justice, not chaos are the mission at hand. (Applause.)
etc

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
So much happened last night, its impossible to see it all. The MSM doesn't come close to covering much of any of it. Only the Internet covers it with the hundreds of thousands of citizens with their own video cameras in their hands posting. Bet few networks carried this

Or the Fedex 18 wheeler and death of a rioter. Not showing the video, its just not appropriate Local TV showed an edited version.

I see many people thinking the feds will come in with the Insurrection Act. I hope not and doubt it. There is one thing in common and thats is who runs these areas. Its lose lose if that happens. I doubt we will see this no matter what happens. We will see this, quietly and without fanfare other than political posturing. Looks like rioters steals a police gun. That was a local TV security guy reacting.

It really isn't 1992 anymore. Cameras are everywhere. They will just sweep in and remove the organizers/criminals/ those seeking anarchy.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Or the Fedex 18 wheeler and death of a rioter. Not showing the video, its just not appropriate Local TV showed an edited version.
Maybe the more precise term in this situation is hijacker. It’s an inherently risky and foolish thing to attempt. You can’t assume the driver of a heavy truck will stop when he’s behind the wheel of a vehicle capable of carrying him out of harm’s way.

·
Registered
863 Posts
It really isn't 1992 anymore. Cameras are everywhere. They will just sweep in and remove the organizers/criminals/ those seeking anarchy.
It’s a Federal crime to cross state lines to incite violence, so expect the FBI to eventually track down many of the anarchists. They’re the modern equivalent of the Weather Underground murderers of 50 years ago.

That‘s why you see the guys in black with masks far behind those in front with their arms up. The rocks, bottles, and firebombs come from behind the relatively peaceful front lines. Those in front are “useful idiots” and human shields to the anarchists.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
It’s a Federal crime to cross state lines to incite violence, so expect the FBI to eventually track down many of the anarchists. They’re the modern equivalent of the Weather Underground murderers of 50 years ago.

Without citing evidence, Attorney General Bill Barr denounced what he described as "planned" violence from "far-left extremist groups" on Saturday, in response to many U.S. cities erupting in protest through Friday evening over the killing of George Floyd.

Driving the news: President Trump quickly echoed Barr's statement on Twitter, saying that "'Crossing State lines to incite violence is a FEDERAL CRIME! Liberal Governors and Mayors need to get tougher on protestors or the federal government will use "the unlimited power of our Military and many arrests."
AKA outside agitators? I don't know if the "reporters" don't understand how the system works but they sound like it. Why would anyone provide "evidence" prior to discovery in a trial? Here's why this is falling apart. Listen to her

Cameras are everywhere

Celebrities paying for the bond of rioters?

If this doesn't end tonight, IMO they are going to sweep in, pull out the "outside agitators" and let the cities live with the rest. The protests are legit. The executives run it. It theirs to run and the public to live with as they chose who runs it. Those that stir insurrection will be dealt with as the Weathermen were dealt with. I would not plan on the local looted business to rebuild. Its the middle of a recession. How much insurance is there? Who is going to pay for all the police overtime, police cars, police property damage? They are in increased taxes. NOTHING is FREE.

WHY would they rebuild? It was their businesses. And the high end stores being looted, take a look at this. This is a running list of Chicago stores looted. Why rebuild? Let them buy online. Anyone see this list of stores on the MSM being looted and ransacked in ONE city alone? Sounds like it came from a scannerNeiman Marcus, Jewelry Stores, Rolex, Burberry, Bloomingdales, Brooks Bros, Ralph Lauren, Versace

And just like that, no stations is talking about viruses anymore. They were worried about 100 people showing up at some rally two weeks ago? Well lets see if all those predictions were true. After last night, in two weeks will there but 100,000 new cases? Or will the predictions have been BS?

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Just a bit of perspective

This week’s unrest recalled the riots in Los Angeles nearly 30 years ago after the acquittal of the white police officers who beat Rodney King, a black motorist who had led them on a high-speed chase. The protests of Floyd’s killing have gripped many more cities, but the losses in Minneapolis have yet to approach the staggering totals Los Angeles saw during five days of rioting in 1992, when more than 60 people died, 2,000-plus were injured and thousands arrested, with property damage topping $1 billion.
The difference is how widespread this is and appearance of being driven by "outside agitators". Thats why the parallels with the Weatherman are appropriate. And thats why I think the reaction "should" be selective and swift, and no, they are not going to provide "evidence" to some reporters while its happening. Duh.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I know you have been upset about the lockdown but I have a feeling that your lockdown isn't going to end anytime soon . Considering the public safety hazard, the outsiders going and bring even more spread to your area , and the overall destruction it does not look promising . I actually feel badly for you . Just when you thought you are about to be set free Shazam .. this. If there was an award for what NOT to do in a pandemic ..Minnesota would be a major contender ,
Don't worry. All the virus panic is gone. The wimpy Governor forgot about it since for him it is more important to let thousands of looters without masks and not keeping 6ft from each other to burn the city down. He and the mayor ordered the police to empty the 3rd precinct so the looters could burn it without being bothered. If there is anything positive out of this is that this Governor and the Mpls mayor have no chance to get reelected. I heard from several friends who voted for them: "They really let us down".

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
How do you feel about this? We welcomed this guy to our town for him to sing during the SuperBowl. Now he is supporting the looters that are burning my city down. Of course, from the comfort of his mansion in Beverly Hills.

Reactions: grim

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Who brings a U Haul truck to a protest? I assume the FBI will address this string of bank robberies. At what point is a heavily armed police or National Guard presence appropriate to restore order? It’s getting worse, not better. Enough.

Looters with trucks targeted Chicago businesses, alderman says From CNN's Melissa Alonso

Chicago looters were organized and targeting specific stores, according to Brendan Reilly, alderman of Chicago's 42nd Ward. Reilly said there were several trucks seen pulling up to retailers on Saturday. "You don't go to a peaceful protest having rented a U-Haul truck," he said. "You can also see there was a pattern in the types of stores that were looted. Nearly every branch of bank in downtown Chicago was vandalized and broken into," Reilly said. Reilly said ATM machines were removed and cracked open and pharmacies were specifically targeted for prescription drugs; many were also set on fire.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think it sucks. If you are arrested, you go to jail. Nine out of ten times, those arrested did something wrong. Let them rot for a few days and live on box lunches! Might not throw 'stuff' at the police or loot drug stores or burn auto parts stores or beat a young man senseless for trying to protect his store. Those same people in uniform also want to go home safely to their families at night. Just like the demonstrators.

Was the recent death of many blacks wrong? Absolutely. No arguing that point. IT WAS WRONG! Those responsible should feel the full brunt of the law. In court. But not at the hands of lawmen on the scene.

There are four groups of people at these rallies: protestors, thugs throwing things behind the protestors (shields), anarchists that want everything burned down, and those outside rogue groups like antifa and whitless supremacists.

I understand the 'administration' is getting ready to send in the Army. Looks like donnie may get his July 4th parade after all. It's just too bad it will be over the bodies of dead protestors.... think Tiananmen Square in NYC...

There is no way this ends peacefully. Not now. No longer will this be tolerated by minorities. There will be blood....

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think it sucks. If you are arrested, you go to jail. Nine out of ten times, those arrested did something wrong. Let them rot for a few days and live on box lunches! Might not throw 'stuff' at the police or loot drug stores or burn auto parts stores or beat a young man senseless for trying to protect his store. Those same people in uniform also want to go home safely to their families at night. Just like the demonstrators.

Was the recent death of many blacks wrong? Absolutely. No arguing that point. IT WAS WRONG! Those responsible should feel the full brunt of the law. In court. But not at the hands of lawmen on the scene.

There are four groups of people at these rallies: protestors, thugs throwing things behind the protestors (shields), anarchists that want everything burned down, and those outside rogue groups like antifa and whitless supremacists.

I understand the 'administration' is getting ready to send in the Army. Looks like donnie may get his July 4th parade after all. It's just too bad it will be over the bodies of dead protestors.... think Tiananmen Square in NYC...

There is no way this ends peacefully. Not now. No longer will this be tolerated by minorities. There will be blood....
I see no comparison at all to Tiananmen Square. Those poor people were consistently peaceful. These are violent, destructive mobs. Associate with them at your own personal risk. If you‘re a protester and see something violent happen, get outa there! At this point you've gotta be pretty stupid to be out on the street after curfew. The handwriting is on the wall. We can’t tolerate this.

Reactions: iconoclast

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I understand the 'administration' is getting ready to send in the Army.
I agree with what you said until this point. Then I disagree.

In 1965 during the Watts riots, TV was in its infancy, a grainy 19" B&W box. In 1992 it was color but still grainy and 25". Today. Everything is in full HD or 4K glory on 50 to 60" screens, and surround sound. What you are watching, live is going to be a giant Political ad, going city by city with clips like this, from this afternoon. The cops just stood there and did nothing. Why? They'll go city by city and show these clips and it all be an unbelievable ad. You did this.

Remember federalism? Just like the ventilators, its up to the locals to take care of their own people. The local officials will have to ASK for federal help under the Insurrection Act, otherwise Posse Comitatus will not allow them to move in easily. He could use 10 USC 253 but why? The people their voted for their officials. Notice he keeps asking them to do something and nothing happens? You think thats an accident? Meanwhile, there's this Attorney General William P. Barr's Statement on Riots and Domestic Terrorism That brings into effect this, a DHS employee was killed, a federal officer.

Which means this https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-113B

And its a whole other ballgame. Notice 10 USC 2332F Follow through to USC 18 and the definition of explosive. If they follow through, those that cross state lines are in for world of hurt. Its not 1969, its not 1992, its after 9/11. Up until now, its local laws. Now, the gates of **** can be unleashed - IF they follow through. Crossing state lines? My opinion only, you will only see state's talking care of their own unless they attack federal facilities, like the WH. Then it will turn deadly. And if the states don't do their jobs? See @santastico post above. I know a lot of people think the President is some giant idiot. Think this though. Think about the TV ad being compiled right now. I will be amazed, truly amazed, if you see tanks shooting at US citizens. IMO, no way. This is all on the local officials. Its their job. Which puts them in a bind because if they "ask" for help, they come across inept. Meanwhile, IMO watch for the federal arrests of "outside agitators". The legit protesters are fine, 1st amendment. The looters are a local problem. Kill a fed? Declared a terrorist organization. Did everyone forget 9/11?

BTW, do you know what a great ad this all makes for supporters of the 2nd amendment? This is going to destroy everything about "mass shooters". You are going to see the greatest run on buying MORE guns than ever. Why? Because the police in these rioting cities were not protecting the public. They ABANDONED a police station? Abandoned? Can you image the TV ad we are all going to see when this is ended? Those anti NRA are done.

21 - 40 of 412 Posts