Porsche Macan Forum banner

321 - 340 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, I am on Mayor Jennie Durkan's failures like a heat seeking missile. Plus our governor is shaped like a big bulls eye.
“We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.” -- James Baldwin

·
Registered
896 Posts
I never realized that the District of Columbia was named after Christoper Columbus!
Every notice how there are Fayettevilles and Fayette counties scattered all over the south and east? Those are tributes to Lafayette's (and France's) help during our Revolutionary War. We could never have won the Battle of Yorktown and won our independence without him. If we dig up dirt on him there will need to be a LOT of name changes!

Reactions: grim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Every notice how there are Fayettevilles and Fayette counties scattered all over the south and east? Those are tributes to Lafayette's (and France's) help during our Revolutionary War. We could never have won the Battle of Yorktown and won our independence without him. If we dig up dirt on him there will need to be a LOT of name changes!
And don’t forget the Spaniards

Bernardo de Galvez (Galveston ?)was also a key person

But all this is forgotten by the hordes..

Can it really this being what the politicians seek? Illiterate people?

I guess so ..

·
Registered
2,903 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
People get what they deserve. Read the guy saying he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. “I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.” Interesting. I get his point but how about his danger of death? I am speechless.

Somebody overdosed on the PC Kool-Aid!

·
Registered
13 Posts
"It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." -- James Baldwin

·
Super Moderator
8,432 Posts
Regarding the riots, and if you believe what the AG says, listen or watch the last episode of the Verdict podcast. I'm not going to link to it because its all one party speaking. The relevant bits are that there are something like 100 indictments now and 500? investigations going on. As to Seattle, it becomes a civil rights issue as the citizens are being denied their federal civil rights by the city. I take that as foreshadowing what could be coming.

·
Super Moderator
1,978 Posts
Can it really this being what the politicians seek? Illiterate people?

YES!!!

That's absolutely what they want!

Politicians want people to vote emotionally - and not with their brains. (Look at North America and
the country located just South of Canada and North of Mexico for a living example).

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!"

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
As always the desire of the lefties is always great as long as it doesn’t affect them. Exactly like celebrities, see of any of them is hosting homeless people in their mansions in BelAir.

From our newspaper today. These are the guys that votes unanimously to defund the police that has been in place by Democrats appointment since they control the city since 1959.

Minneapolis council members calling to defund police spend $63G on private security details after receiving death threats

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Most people, I believe, don't get the fact that Black people have ALWAYS been a free people. They didn't need President Lincoln to "set them free". They already were.

A small history lesson. It may not be perfectly accurate, but you'll get the drift. Once the colonies won their independence, cultivation really kicked in. We were growing lots a various crops. Many had never been seen, smelled or tasted by Europe. Specifically, the UK.

Tobacco was something the Indians used. Seems the colonists liked it too. So, they sent some to the UK. It was, I believe King George I (?) that tried it and didn't like it. But when King George II tried it, he liked it and wanted more for everyone.

But supply could not keep up with demand. So what is a farmer to do? Ahhh! Need me some help on my farm. This was the real ramp up for African slaves. Men, women and children were used to cultivate and harvest tobacco. Men for the hard labor, women to harvest and children were used to remove bugs from the plants due to the size of thier small hands.

From there, ships were making circutus route from the colonies to Africa to Hispaniola, Cuba, etc. and repeat as necessary.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Most people, I believe, don't get the fact that Black people have ALWAYS been a free people. They didn't need President Lincoln to "set them free". They already were.

A small history lesson. It may not be perfectly accurate, but you'll get the drift. Once the colonies won their independence, cultivation really kicked in. We were growing lots a various crops. Many had never been seen, smelled or tasted by Europe. Specifically, the UK.

Tobacco was something the Indians used. Seems the colonists liked it too. So, they sent some to the UK. It was, I believe King George I (?) that tried it and didn't like it. But when King George II tried it, he liked it and wanted more for everyone.

But supply could not keep up with demand. So what is a farmer to do? Ahhh! Need me some help on my farm. This was the real ramp up for African slaves. Men, women and children were used to cultivate and harvest tobacco. Men for the hard labor, women to harvest and children were used to remove bugs from the plants due to the size of thier small hands.

From there, ships were making circutus route from the colonies to Africa to Hispaniola, Cuba, etc. and repeat as necessary.
I believe sugar cane prompted a similarly tragic response throughout much of the "new world", where it could be cultivated.

·
Registered
13 Posts

You are correct, it does not sound accurate and no, I do not get your drift.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
"It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have." -- James Baldwin
Yeah, just look at what's happening at the top of the food chain in the WH..... Ignorance, stupidity, no focus, no plan, no strategy, no short term tactical plan: The novel corona virus, Black people wanting the world to know that Black people were always free and didn't need a proclamation to tell them so, China's expansion in the South China Sea, Russians paying bounties for American troops SINCE JANUARY, over-printing money....

The next Big Dog in the WH will get stuck with these problems come November 3rd. It will be a big hole to dig ourselves out of. But, I believe we, America, can do this.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
The renaming of the Ivy League schools begins

And it looks like alumni can get their Diploma name changed in the future

The Ivys better be very careful on how they handle the removal of names from buildings or statues from their campuses. They are trying to please the "snowflake" generation that get their feelings hurt for anything but they forget that the older generation that has tougher skin and don't fall for BS is the one that writes big checks for their endowments. This is a tricky one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was never anti-gun, just looked at hunting, guns, practice shooting as a hobby for many and a 2nd amendment issue for others. Didn't have time for another hobby and was happy to defer to law enforcement's opinions as to what type of weapons should be allowed to private citizens. Strangely I now find myself watching YouTube videos of hand gun reviews and debating with myself about getting into it.

321 - 340 of 534 Posts