Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The looting & burning buildings are the fault of....wait for it...the looters/rioters/arsonists.

Period.

Note: it is not the fault of Target Store
No it is not the fault of the tire shop.

Multiple investigations ongoing which were detailed in the press conference Thursday.

Just because some people want immediate, summary "justice" does NOT make it legal or correct.

(Yes, the video that was released looks very bad for the cops. Seems unconscionable.)

Reactions: Dkayak

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
The looting & burning buildings are the fault of....wait for it...the looters/rioters/arsonists.

Period.

Note: it is not the fault of Target Store
No it is not the fault of the tire shop.

Multiple investigations ongoing which were detailed in the press conference Thursday.

Just because some people want immediate, summary "justice" does NOT make it legal or correct.

(Yes, the video that was released looks very bad for the cops. Seems unconscionable.)
The entire chain of events are just awful . The officer with the knee was a 19 year seasoned and decorated veteran. What led to this type of act late in his career is unimaginable and there is no excuse . .

The behavior of the crowd acting out in anger and stealing is disrespectful, opportunistic and does nothing to help their cause . Two wrongs never make anything right .

·
Registered
855 Posts
The entire chain of events are just awful . The officer with the knee was a 19 year seasoned and decorated veteran. What led to this type of act late in his career is unimaginable and there is no excuse . .

The behavior of the crowd acting out in anger and stealing is disrespectful, opportunistic and does nothing to help their cause . Two wrongs never make anything right .
I can’t stand to watch either side’s actions. They’re all so disgusting. MLK would be disgusted too.

But having multiple cops stand by watching this unfold for 5 minutes as both bystanders and the victim plead for his life is the most disgusting to me. I’ve heard seasoned police professional on air express shock that he was not immediately arrested for murder. That knee is never taught or authorized anywhere under any circumstances. It’s strangulation of a handcuffed prisoner.

Sadly, we can now expect violent interventions from bystanders in even appropriate arrests. These bad cops have endangered all of the good ones. One of my cycling buddies is a cop stationed in a city leased home in a violent neighborhood. This shooting occurred Tuesday night less than a mile from his home. He agreed to live there for several years to build trust in the police. These brutal idiots put him at greater risk.

The cop with the knee had a long history of complaints, but who knows in this environment how much of his rap sheet was valid? Probably a lot of it in hindsight. Supervising police in that environment has to be tough. Complaints will be filed. How to determine which are valid? The community relationships are broken in many ways, and not just with the police. It’s a tragic situation spiritually and socially.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

@yrralis1 Read this: The Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck had 18 previous complaints against him, police department says

Apparently he was not as decorated as it looks. My problem with most police officers is that they know they have the power over you and many times they take advantage of that power.

Reactions: Dkayak

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
@grim : Feel free to delete the post if you feel it doesn't match the rules but I am trying not to get political. I always said that our leadership in MN is very weak. They hit the panic mode on COVID-19 and hunkered down as a wimp waiting for a miraculous vaccine. Small businesses are all gone, state is broken and we are still in half lockdown for over 3 months. Now the violence. The mayor of Mpls put the city on the top ranking of the most violent in the US. Now the big riots happening here and the Governor has been quiet since. Not a single word. Is he concerned there is no social distancing on the riots? Target closed 24 stores across the metro including the one in my suburb, the uptown and St Paul downtown is burning with people looting stores and both the mayor and the Governor are quiet. Really? Them our president sends a tweet that if locals don't take care, he will. What a lack of leadership!!!! As I said before, people should not vote on the party but loo if the person they are putting there is qualified for the job.

Look at the image attached. This is at one of the Target stores. Unreal!!!

Attachments

Reactions: vandit

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
No comment this evening other than to say cities are burning tonight across the nation.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
This is how you protect your property when local Government wimps out and tell police to not hurt looters.

Just imagine if these guys were this motivated to protect people from getting murdered. 😔

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
@grim : Feel free to delete the post if you feel it doesn't match the rules but I am trying not to get political. I always said that our leadership in MN is very weak. They hit the panic mode on COVID-19 and hunkered down as a wimp waiting for a miraculous vaccine. Small businesses are all gone, state is broken and we are still in half lockdown for over 3 months. Now the violence. The mayor of Mpls put the city on the top ranking of the most violent in the US. Now the big riots happening here and the Governor has been quiet since. Not a single word. Is he concerned there is no social distancing on the riots? Target closed 24 stores across the metro including the one in my suburb, the uptown and St Paul downtown is burning with people looting stores and both the mayor and the Governor are quiet. Really? Them our president sends a tweet that if locals don't take care, he will. What a lack of leadership!!!! As I said before, people should not vote on the party but loo if the person they are putting there is qualified for the job.

Look at the image attached. This is at one of the Target stores. Unreal!!!
Minnesota leadership is so inept that I am glad a higher power is taking notice to fix it. Just a different look at your mess.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
In 1999 a young man by the name of Amadou Diallo was shot in killed by 4 New York Police officers in a case of mistaken identity . 41 shots were fired and this 23 year old lay dead in the street .The officers were acquitted . In the aftermath lawsuits and edits to the case were the course but it never brought this man back .

It's 21 years later . These lyrics sum it up but sad to see that time changed nothing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yeasterday on the radio I heard a former FBI agent and police officer from a family of cops. He said every cop is taught “as soon as the cuffs are on, it’s over”, meaning further force is never justified. Anything you do that hurts someone after that point is criminal. Always. That seems like a very clear and intuitive boundary. It’s why you see universal contempt for these bad cops across the entire political spectrum. He felt the guy should have been arrested for murder on the spot, adding that standing by and watching a murder made the others just as culpable. One way or another, the whole crew is headed to prison, where payback will be tough indeed.

Why won’t the authorities promptly arrest all 4-5? Any one of them could have tackled the killer, saving a life. It’s what they’re paid to do. They were all complicit. There’s great value in making an example of these guys, especially now that it’s infamous. Lock ‘em away and teach this to every cadet. Here’s what happens to you if you cross the line after the cuffs are on. Here’s what happens if you don’t intervene. Powerful lessons at this point. Maybe some good can be extracted from it by preventing others from crossing the line.

The authorities are too spineless to nip riots in the bud and too spineless to deal with a murder on videotape. Just spineless I guess. Now we’re stuck watching unchecked rioting and looting. Note the Antifa guys have arrived in masks, with helmets, backpacks, radios, etc to stir things up. Anarchy and chaos is their goal. Outraged citizens are their pawns. Anywhere there’s a spark Antifa arrives to pour gas on the flames. I turned off the TV. Disgusting.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Our Governor this morning:”“I will take responsibility for underestimating the wanton destruction and the sheer size of this crowd,” Walz said. He said repeatedly that the sheer scope of the crowds and violence have been shocking, and that there was no way for for authorities to anticipate or prepare for such an onslaught.”

Our president offered to send the National Guard last Tuesday. What I saw here yesterday was an unbelievable example of what happens when you elect someone that has no capability at all to manage anything. Sad. Just sad.

·
Super Moderator
8,336 Posts
And just like THAT, the virus is over and its back to business as usual

Nothing says it over more than looting Gucci and LV stores

Thats a shame for the real tragedy is the LEO's behavior and now the entire community will pay for the looters and arsonists.

And lets not forget those robbing from the banks. That just made it federal, correct?

last week the press was complaining about partying at this MO resort and in the MD beach town.

Now WHICH MSM network will be the first to call in Dr. Fauci to complain about the protesters not observing social distancing?

·
Super Moderator
8,336 Posts
Our president offered to send the National Guard last Tuesday.
Every community gets exactly what they deserve. Its not the elected officials fault. Its the fault of those who put them where they are. It was the choice of the public. They chose their leaders. We live in amazing times. First we got to see IRL how the executives behaved under the pressure of the virus, now we get to see this while the virus is ongoing. It didn't magically just disappear.

The MSM tells you a story. Its not the entire story. This is a WH reporter from Yahoo. https://twitter.com/hunterw He is reporting from the ground, live via periscope. You can see how the WH police let the crowd vent and then in the middle of the night had enough and just dispersed them. You might ask why didn't MN do the same thing? Why did they just let the city burn? Granted, DC has far more experience in this area.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
And just like THAT, the virus is over and its back to business as usual
I think what is being seen is the emotional reasoning of a hurt and angry population . They have lost all sense of reason with the virus and stealing. The fact that it is a national event in many cities reflects a large enough mass to not even be considered a minority .

Normally I'd suggest the President to speak and try and diffuse some of this but part of their anger is voiced towards his methods . Calling them "thugs" (whether the behavior is accurate or not) didn't help . This from a man who cant even handle being called "obese" or Rosie poking fun at his hair. He can dish it out but cant take it and that has been his biggest problem. His policies actually improved business. Here he is in a situation where he wants to get a second term and could have played this out so differently . With the virus he could have reassured the world that his efforts would become iconic in the quest to see that everyone becomes safe . Instead he fought with everyone from The Who to the Democrats to his OWN TEAM . With this crisis he could have gone in person and stood beside whoever arrested that officer was he walked him to his temporary cell. Instead he writes a post gets deleted and argues with twitter .

The worst part of this is that the local coroner seemed to find no evidence of asphyxiation. That means this officer may not face the more severe charges and if that's the case what we are seeing now might just be an appetizer of where this crowd may be heading.

These are very troubling times .

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I think what is being seen is the emotional reasoning of a hurt and angry population . They have lost all sense of reason with the virus and stealing. The fact that it is a national event in many cities reflects a large enough mass to not even be considered a minority .

Normally I'd suggest the President to speak and try and diffuse some of this but part of their anger is voiced towards his methods . Calling them "thugs" (whether the behavior is accurate or not) didn't help . This from a man who cant even handle being called "obese" or Rosie poking fun at his hair. He can dish it out but cant take it and that has been his biggest problem. His policies actually improved business. Here he is in a situation where he wants to get a second term and could have played this out so differently . With the virus he could have reassured the world that his efforts would become iconic in the quest to see that everyone becomes safe . Instead he fought with everyone from The Who to the Democrats to his OWN TEAM . With this crisis he could have gone in person and stood beside whoever arrested that officer was he walked him to his temporary cell. Instead he writes a post gets deleted and argues with twitter .

The worst part of this is that the local coroner seemed to find no evidence of asphyxiation. That means this officer may not face the more severe charges and if that's the case what we are seeing now might just be an appetizer of where this crowd may be heading.

These are very troubling times .
@yrralis1 What they call leadership here in MN is a joke. As @grim said the population chose these people to lead the State and city. I said this before but will say again. In my home country we don’t care about the party. Here the people do. We care about the candidate. Here they don’t. They put people with absolutely zero experience to run the state. Yes, this would be a piece of cake if it was on normal times. They would raise taxes as always and we would all live our lives. They had no idea a virus and the insane murdering of a black man was coming. When the leadership was needed they couldn’t deliver. Hopefully the population will learn from this next time.

1 - 20 of 369 Posts