Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
. . .I was dating in my mother's 1963 Ford Country Squire station wagon. It had a 427 CID engine and got about 10 mpg.
I hate to see the price of gas go up but since I have retired I don't have to put very many miles on a car.
That model might've been early enough to have real wood on the sides (Do you recall?)

I find the differences in premium fuel up-charges, based on location, interesting. And I gained some insight by reading Grim's C and D article (post 19)--I'm beginning to get a better understanding of the pricing structure: from the article: "According to the EIA, there’s no Big Oil collusion to blame. Rather, it’s a confluence of market, industry, and regulatory factors that affect everyone, not just those in luxury cars. . ."

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Gas Buddy

Easy app to use to compare local prices

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I remember when gas was around 25¢/gallon. :eek:

I was actually pumping gas at a Chevron station during this time. We also had a really high octane gas in a white pump that must have been close to 98 to 100 octane. All the guys in the car clubs used this fuel for the 1/4 mile race cars. I used to fill my totally empty VW bug for less than $3.00. Of course my Chevy SS 454 Needed lower cost gas due to the same mileage up hill or down hill in the early 70s.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In Brisbane Australia 98 varies between $1.30 & $1.65 per litre . 15 cents per litre more than regular unleaded.
I believe a U.S. gallon is 3.78 litres, so about $4.90 - $6.25 a US gallon.
We have fuel cycles due to supply and demand ( according to the fuel companies, but we know that’s BS).
Fuel can jump from $1.30 to $1.65 overnight and come back down over a couple of weeks.
Maybe a tube of lube when getting gas could ease the pain.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts