Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding the threads, so I'm hoping someone can help. I'd purchased these cup thingies that went in the Macan's door handles when I had my Macan. They created a little bin-like spot in the door handle where I could stick my lip balm, etc. They came from Ebay, I think, but I can't find my purchase links. I'd like to get them for the Cayenne we're getting, if they're available, but I don't know what to even search for!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it! Thank you! I realized after I posted that it looks like the Cayenne door handles don't have an opening for that. Oh, well....I do recommend those bins for the Macans, though. They're rather handy.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes, they are handy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks like a great little item. Maybe if I order them now they will tide me over until the chip shortage gets figured out.. I will keep them on my desk with the screen saver laminate that I already ordered and view them with a tinge of sadness until the car arrives..

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'm having trouble finding the threads, so I'm hoping someone can help. I'd purchased these cup thingies that went in the Macan's door handles when I had my Macan. They created a little bin-like spot in the door handle where I could stick my lip balm, etc. They came from Ebay, I think, but I can't find my purchase links. I'd like to get them for the Cayenne we're getting, if they're available, but I don't know what to even search for!

Thanks.
@Macanakey , apologies if you've posted this previously, but what Cayenne are you getting? Replacing the X5M?

·
Registered
627 Posts
You can't really store anything there except of cloth if you listen to music as they rattle.
The ones I used had foam pads that held them in place and they did not rattle, even with heavy base.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The ones I used had foam pads that held them in place and they did not rattle, even with heavy base.
I guess my statement was confusing. It's not that they rattle, it's whatever inside them rattles. Like I can't leave a chopstick there for example as it will rattle really bad. The only real usage for me is putting cloth for cleaning sunglasses. I guess I will need to add felt tape there to make it work but overall their usability is very low for me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I guess my statement was confusing. It's not that they rattle, it's whatever inside them rattles. Like I can't leave a chopstick there for example as it will rattle really bad. The only real usage for me is putting cloth for cleaning sunglasses. I guess I will need to add felt tape there to make it work but overall their usability is very low for me.
I need pics of you storing chopsticks in those cubbies ASAP. Do you always travel with a pair of emergency chopsticks? I'm Chinese and I have never even considered that ... what am I doing with my life?

·
Registered
627 Posts
😂you guys are funny. I meant chapstick of course.
Hah!

Your point is valid, either way.

I used it for holding my wallet when I hit the drive through (it is not a George Costanza wallet, so it fits just fine).

I generally don't leave anything in the plastic cubbies (even the factory ones) that will rattle. I have the wireless charger option just so I have a place for my phone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My cubbies are full of receipts. My kids' cubbies are full of candy wrappers and other assorted snacks. But yea, I seriously love those things. Adds so much functionality. It was one of the first things I added.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Here are a couple of ideas for you. Buy a bunch of that stuff you put under throw rugs to keep from killing yourself, or stop by the local dive shop and pick up some this wet suit material and cut it to shape.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts