1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
On order: 2022 Macan, Surround View, LCA, 18-way seats, GT Steering Wheel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Lock date is coming soon and this is my porsche code: PN8YJMD6

I am not interested in increasing the price but wondering if some of the options I would be better without? One example is the sport tailpipes. I’ve been on the fence on whether or not it’s worth $1k (CDN) but I feel they enhance the look (would black look better)?

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts/suggestions!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would drop the sport tail pipes, not a PSE so can always buy used tips later. Instead you can pick up the Premium Package and get the Bose, heated seats and PDLS for roughly the same price.

·
Registered
'21 Macan
33 Posts
I would drop the sport tail pipes, not a PSE so can always buy used tips later. Instead you can pick up the Premium Package and get the Bose, heated seats and PDLS for roughly the same price.

i actually really agree with this. premium package is a really nice "cant miss option set", plus will help resale (most porsche buyers expect some kind of upgraded audio, heated seats etc.)

for your color/wheels, i think the wheel center caps in black/white would look really cool. more of a personal preference (mine '21 is black and i'd have loved the center caps to be black and white)

good call on keeping price here or lower, any more and you start losing value and the S starts to make more sense

·
Registered
2022 Macan Base Miami Blue (On order)
125 Posts
Hi everyone,

Lock date is coming soon and this is my porsche code: PN8YJMD6

I am not interested in increasing the price but wondering if some of the options I would be better without? One example is the sport tailpipes. I’ve been on the fence on whether or not it’s worth $1k (CDN) but I feel they enhance the look (would black look better)?

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts/suggestions!
I too agree with adding the premium package and dropping the tailpipes. The new ‘22 steering wheel is already an upgraded wheel compared to previous years and comes heated as standard in Canada. I would save the money on the GT steering wheel as well. My personal preference is also to delete the model designation for $0 as I think it’s a much cleaner look. Also remember that black is super high maintenance so you might want to consider other dark colours like Volcano Grey or Night Blue. Overall, excellent build!
On a side note, I started out at basically the same price point as your build. But then I ended up upgrading the premium package to the plus and added headrest crests in the front and seat belts to match the Miami Blue exterior. I figured that I may only buy a new Porsche once so I stretched it a bit to get it right.

Reactions: carsly

·
Registered
12,929 Posts
I got you down to 62K . I killed the 18 way seats . I love them but I also had one Macan with 8 way and they aren't bad . I have driven tons of loaners with them . They are super expensive on the base car .I also took off power steering plus . It isa absolutely useless . My dealership puts it on EVERY lot car so any lot car I bought had it , In contrast I have never put it on an ordered car . It does absolutely nothing. Some people claim to hate it . That far I wont go . Porsche isn't giving away anything for 200 bucks . I took the Gt steering wheel off too . Its a nice option on a car like a GTS with the sport response button but on a stripped base its silly . I keptnthe tail pipes but you could ditch them. I just think the square ones are not as pretty but neither is the cost so its up to you. I was tempted to out the Bose . In the past the factory system used o be awful . It was so bad that it sounded like one of those AM transistor radios from the 1970's but I was surprised in 2019 when I had a car with a more modern factory system . It was sufficient .

Most here know my sentiment on a vase car. Strip it down and its a solid purchase . 62K does accomplish it , The Porsche Code

·
Registered
2018 Macan Saphhire Blue
135 Posts

Yes. My $290 chinese pipes look exactly the same. I love my Bose, and heated seats, and PLDS+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts