Porsche Macan Forum banner

Will it be a total loss?

41K views 218 replies 93 participants last post by  Bman52882 
#1 ·
Sad to report I got into an accident and unfortunately the Macan Turbo is deemed a total loss. No one was hurt. I want to bounce some numbers off you guys and see if I should negotiate more for the car. The insurance company has offered $67800+ tax for the settlement. I paid $74000 2 years ago. It was CPO and the original sticker was 93k. I think the numbers are in the ball park? What do you guys think? Anyone with experience with this? Thanks in advance.

#217 ·
Since the police responded to the accident, do you KNOW that the driver that rear ended you was cited?
If he did NOT get a traffic ticket, it would be strange & make your case more difficult.
The at fault driver's insurance should certainly pay for your rental.

Good luck!

FYI:

Depending on your state, laws may vary re how the insurance company handles this.
There seem to be pros & cons to having the same insurance as the at fault driver.

#219 ·
First off, sorry to hear about your accident and very glad you are ok :)
$6,200 loss after 2 years (plus getting tax reimbursement) seems like a really fair price, considering that's probably less than the depreciation on a honda civic. I would take it. You can buy a really sweet '16 CPO turbo for that (with tax). Not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.