Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: Heading to work, a car tried to get into my lane which crashed into another car and spun out. A truck on the next lane braked hard and a giant ploom of smoke came out and I couldn't see ahead of me and once the smoked cleared it was too late. There wasn't enough room to brake and the auto brake couldn't activate since we couldn't see passed the smoke. super sucks!

Do you think its totaled? Isurance said we wont know until next week

78C69B5B-61D0-4CDE-AF75-8D54EE5D2848.jpeg
3E87A9DF-2177-45D7-AD13-BE613984BB96.jpeg
:cry::cry:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh no sorry to see. I hope no one was injured.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Too early to tell. My bet it's close to totalled but no. Looks like airbags didn't go off? I guess that's something like $30k repair.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hope everyone's OK!

What airbags deployed? If most of the bags deployed, and the seatbelt tighteners did their thing (explosive charges), then the cost to replace all of that could push you into the totaled category.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too early to tell. My bet it's close to totalled but no. Looks like airbags didn't go off? I guess that's something like $30k repair.
I was thinking the same, the airbags didn't deploy. The crash bar is destroyed and there's another black crash bar behind the front lip that is also destroyed but I don't know if that's the frame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope everyone's OK!

What airbags deployed? If most of the bags deployed, and the seatbelt tighteners did their thing (explosive charges), then the cost to replace all of that could push you into the totaled category.
My wife was the driver I was not there but she is ok thank you. She's a bit sore but the other car is for sure totaled. The airbags didn't deploy which is so weird since it was a hard hit.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
So sorry to see your Macan look like that and happy your wife is OK. I would hope your car is totaled. You won't want to drive that car if it is fixed.

Reactions: Moon Pie

·
Registered
792 Posts
My wife was not insured just a bit sore. The passenger of the other did have pain but they opted to not go to the hospital and hope they are ok.
I think you mean "injured", right ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
My wife was not insured just a bit sore. The passenger of the other did have pain but they opted to not go to the hospital and hope they are ok.
Looks like the passenger of other car hasn't realized the monetary potential of getting rear-ended. Hopefully it stays the same. When it happened to me last time it took me a few days of steroids and a few PT sessions to get a check from insurance with 5 zeroes. And I didn't have a lawyer and had no idea how it would work out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Only have "autobrake" if you have ACC. Can't tell if you had it with all the damage to the front end. Reason enough to get in IMO.
Glad no injuries. Cars are always replaceable. Rear-ender is worth some cash but can't believe $100,000. .

·
Registered
830 Posts
Only have "autobrake" if you have ACC. Can't tell if you had it with all the damage to the front end. Reason enough to get in IMO.
Glad no injuries. Cars are always replaceable. Rear-ender is worth a few thousand but they would have to be willing to go to the doctor and get a series of treatments.
I bought two cars after my rear-ender. And all I got was cervical strain. That's on top of the car payment. And I had no idea about the outcome and had no lawyer. I expect if I had a lawyer and knew how it works I could have easily doubled or tripled the payout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad no injuries. Cars are always replaceable. Rear-ender is worth some cash but can't believe $100,000. .
We do have it but my thoughts are that it didn’t activate in time because of the smoke. Just like when there’s too much fog there’s a delay since the electronics can’t see clearly.

·
Registered
627 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts