Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry for the damage to your rear window. I agree that someone shot at it with a small projectile- maybe a BB gun or maybe a .22 that was almost out of velocity so as not to penetrate the glass completely.

In my opinion, Oakland is a war zone and always has been. I live in the East Bay and was born and raised here so I know of what I speak. Yes, there are a few nice areas of Oakland, the hills mostly, but you still have to go down into Oakland to shop, etc. Nothing but thugs and gangsters and want-a-be "rappers" looking to earn some kind of BS street cred so they can rap about it. I avoid Oakland at all costs and hope they all remain in Oakland.

Reactions: rasetsu

·
Registered
233 Posts
Definitely vandalism, BB gun hit the window twice, leaving the 2 circular impressions and abrasions. Cracks going across from the impact area are normal. Insurance should cover it. Rather have a broken window than loss of an eye or accident. All fixable, no worries...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like vandalism to me.

Four years ago I was driving through Oakland on 880 near the Airport and heard a loud crash. Someone had thrown rocks from an overpass and they blew out my panoramic roof. The hood, windshield and roof were also damaged. It was around 11pm and my girlfriend suggested continuing on a few more exits in case they did it expecting us to get off the next exit so they could jump us. They saving grace was we had the sunroof cover closed. Insurance deemed it vandalism and the police never did catch anyone to my knowledge. This wasn’t in my Macan, but that car did have over 8K in damages. I hope it’s an easy fix for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You most likely need to replace the rear hatch open button. They don’t think about that when they order the glass and then you can’t open the rear except with the remote until they order a new button.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Let's all pause for a moment and think about the wonderful contributions of some members of our society who always seem to contribute to our daily lives, enriching them in ways we never imagined.
I stay out of the urban areas as much as possible.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts