Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Where did you guys see the cracks? On the handle themselves or within the mechanism? Are they fairly easy to see? I took a look at mine and didn’t see any, but will take a closer look this evening.
Take a look at this long thread for some pics:

·
Registered
23 Posts
there is a notice on this and porsche knows. as long as there is no physical damage on the handle you will be ok.

for me it is only one but i will ask to have all 4 done because i dont want to go back and forth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update:

Porsche Oakville here in Ontario, Canada is ordering the handles free of charge and also I had a weird squeeky noise coming from my driver side seat belt so they will replace that as well.

if anyone had hard time with their dealer just print out the notice and leave it in the car when you drop it off, they don't bother to argue at that point.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had two handles replaced under warranty in May. Those two handles have developed new cracks. Not sure if Porsche will replace again now that I’m out of warranty. And what exactly is the issue that causes the cracks? The replacement is painted here instead of Germany so likely not an issue with paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes they must replace it, the new handle is apperently a different version. if you have an issue i would email porsche media relations and they will escalate for you. They don't want any bad publicity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes they must replace it, the new handle is apperently a different version. if you have an issue i would email porsche media relations and they will escalate for you. They don't want any bad publicity.
Do you have the notice that I can refer to? I have a new to me CPO 2018 Macan GTS with cracks in all four handles and also squeaky seatbelt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey

I had the same problem with my 2018 base Macan. There is a technical bulletin out on this issue - incompatible material. All of the work was done under warranty. New door handles were ordered and painted and installed by the dealer

·
Registered
5,207 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchase my Macan had have driven it less than 500 miles when I noticed a crack in both door handles front and back. After reading all the comments I called the dealer and they were very aware of this problem. They made an appointment for me to replace door handles at no charge. I was very excited to hear that.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I just purchase my Macan had have driven it less than 500 miles when I noticed a crack in both door handles front and back. After reading all the comments I called the dealer and they were very aware of this problem. They made an appointment for me to replace door handles at no charge. I was very excited to hear that.
Excellent. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
on my 2020 that I built new about 16 months ago, I actually thought there was a seam that I was feeling for the last 6 months. Upon further inspection it’s cracked on both handles on the drivers side. Really poor quality, disappointing for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same boat here, dealer acknowledges but won’t warranty until it cracks and can possibly cause harm to the user. I think it’s bullshit how Porsche can charge money for items that should be standard and then design such **** handles and not automatically remedy the issue

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had two handles with small cracks replaced by dealer. The new handles have developed cracks larger than the cracks on the original handles. Vehicle is out of warranty now so dealer will not replace the handles again. I should have just kept the original handles!

Not sure if it is the paint or handle that is the issue but the replacement handles were painted here and not in Germany.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had two handles with small cracks replaced by dealer. The new handles have developed cracks larger than the cracks on the original handles. Vehicle is out of warranty now so dealer will not replace the handles again. I should have just kept the original handles!

Not sure if it is the paint or handle that is the issue but the replacement handles were painted here and not in Germany.

The sa mentioned something about the wrong use of material but they don’t have an updated part for it. None of my other cars have this issue (S class, m2) and From a bystanders point of view it feels like they delegated the development work to the intern.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts