Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got back from the dealer and brought a copy of the bulletin #1901. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. They are ordering me 3 new door handles and should get them in a couple of days. Once they come in, they go to the body shop to get painted. They told me that they only had one other Macan come in with the stress cracks on the handles and this person only had one door handle that was affected.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I just got back from the dealer and brought a copy of the bulletin #1901. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. They are ordering me 3 new door handles and should get them in a couple of days. Once they come in, they go to the body shop to get painted. They told me that they only had one other Macan come in with the stress cracks on the handles and this person only had one door handle that was affected.
Good to hear. Great idea to show up at the dealer armed for battle :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
After reading this thread I inspected my door handles. Sure enough, both of the passenger side doors have tiny cracks. (2018 S CPO w/24K miles currently) The dealer is about an hour away. I didn't realize that they don't come painted from the factory. So, sounds like two trips are in order.

·
Registered
299 Posts
About two months ago I found a crack on the rear right door handle, but because it also had a minute chip on the outside surface (<1mm²) they refused to change it under warranty or recall, saying it's possible it was damaged by someone opening a door into it. It was funny since they also told me it was a common problem with the Macan.

I had to pay I think CHF560 to have it replaced.

·
Registered
68 Posts
After reading this thread I inspected my door handles. Sure enough, both of the passenger side doors have tiny cracks. (2018 S CPO w/24K miles currently) The dealer is about an hour away. I didn't realize that they don't come painted from the factory. So, sounds like two trips are in order.
Update: I called Sunset Porsche (Beaverton, OR) today and spoke with a SA. After I told her that I am an hour away, she told me to take a few pictures of the cracks and email them to her, along with the VIN, which I did. Within minutes I got a reply, stating that the door handles have been ordered. They will be sent to a body shop for painting and then I will have to come over to get them replaced. Saved me an extra trip to the dealer. Nice.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts