Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
For all who have had door handles crack on their Macans, do you live in a cold climate?

Maybe the handles are made from an inferior grade plastic that gets brittle when cold.
I was thinking that as well. Not particularly cold here, but we get into the sub-freezing temps for a bit, down to around 20 degrees F. Not that cold compared to Chicago, Toronto, etc.

Mine shows similar problem on three of the handles. Not sure what caused it. Would like to hear from folks reported sane problem if they manage to get Porsche to replace them under warranty.
Where do you live? I'm in Bellingham, WA.

Also, how old is your car? I got mine in September 2014.
London UK, so sub zero occassionally. Car is a MY 2015. Dealer doesn't think that it is manufacturing fault, and that car handles and bumpers aren't covered usually.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Be sure to mention this thread when you go, and good luck!....
+1^ The fact there are multiple incidents of this failure means it is almost certainly a manufacturing or materials engineering defect.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Update....
I looked more closely and
I have stress cracks on all door handles!

Wifey has Macan. Will take pics tonight.
Hmmm...

I predict a TSB from Porsche on these cracked door handles in the future, especially if enough of us file a formal complaint with Porsche.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How many of you with these problems do not garage your car regularly?

Just curious about this; I'm going to figure out how to contact Porsche directly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very hard to capture crack via cell ...but this is the best pic
All 4 of my handles have stress cracks more or less like this one. You do not notice it unless you look for it.

No way was this caused be aggressive over use... ****, we have had someone in the back seat 4 or 5 times since purchase (my 10 year old).

Car sits in a garage too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
For Macans with keyless entry/start, the front door handle part # is:

95B-837-205-A-G2X - $154.53 list price

And the rear:

95B-837-206-A-G2X - $154.53 list price

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

And the rear:

Plus the cost of getting them painted the appropriate body color.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have little scratches on one door handle I guess from leaning against it when I wax the roof. No cracks though.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts

And the rear:

WOW! OUCH! :eek:

Pretty pricey!

Please tell me these prices are for a pair of handles not for just one.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
WOW! OUCH! :eek:

Pretty pricey!

Please tell me these prices are for a pair of handles not for just one.
Just one, and like others have said, that price doesn't include paint or labor to install.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
:crying:

Hopefully everyone who has cracks are able to get the dealer/Porsche to pay for this fix.

Fingers crossed my car doesn't develop cracks in the future, but at least I know what I am getting into for repair bills if she does.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
:crying:

Hopefully everyone who has cracks are able to get the dealer/Porsche to pay for this fix.
[email protected] skippy...

Porsche will have to deal with me and my incensed complaining if I end up with the bill for a faulty part of theirs...

>:D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Anyone else have more pictures to post of cracked door handles? Will be hard to ignore when they all show the same type of problem.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Some good news to share. Porsche GB will cover the cracks on my three handles under warranty. Will post an update when the issue is resolved.
That IS good news!

:)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Some good news to share. Porsche GB will cover the cracks on my three handles under warranty. Will post an update when the issue is resolved.
Hopefully anyone else with this issue will be able to share with their dealer that another dealer is honoring and fixing the issue under warranty. Fingers crossed for you

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Great to hear. I'm going to try getting mine pushed through here in the USA and see how it goes.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts