Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2016 CPO Macan into the dealership and evidently I’m a few months past my 4 yr warranty and thus into the CPO warranty. The service advisory indicates that the CPO program does not cover such things as rattles and other noises. I’m getting an exhaust ratttle, probably due to a broken bracket. a whistling noise when accelerating and a loud thunk noise when making a sharp uphill left turn into my driveway. From the way the SA has been talking, I’m expecting none of these to be covered by CPO, st least per the dealer. So, is my only option is to plea my case to Porsche NA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think you need to read the clearly bullet pointed CPO agreement that was provided to you on purchase. Yes, I know very funny! l have the same CPO on my vehicle and received nothing and I'm still leaning to play the game. Currently I'm negotiating with a Service Manager about a dam engine leak. I suggest you say that there is a noise indicating something is broken underneath my vehicle, fix what ever is broken, rather than say that there is some rattle.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
.....I’m getting an exhaust rattle, probably due to a broken bracket. a whistling noise when accelerating and a loud thunk noise when making a sharp uphill left turn into my driveway. From the way the SA has been talking, I’m expecting none of these to be covered by CPO, st least per the dealer. So, is my only option is to plea my case to Porsche NA?
The broken exhaust bracket and rattle are due to a poor down pipe design, and Porsche has a technical service bulletin regarding its replacement with an updated design. Our car was 6 months out of warranty, and Porsche still approved replacement at no cost. More details of my experience can be found on post 142 on the following thread......

Cracked mid pipe exhaust plate bracket

The load thunk when making the turn into your driveway might just require a minor adjustment of the tailgate stops. Have a look at my post number 17 the following thread.....

Tailgate Rattle

As for as the whistling noise, it could be many things. One possibility is the positive crankcase vent oil separator.....in which case the whistling is indication that it is defective. If so, it's an easy fix. I would probably wait until the exhaust is fixed before trying to chase that one.....just in case it's actually related to the exhaust. My exhaust certainly made a lot of unusual noises. More discussion on whistling noises on this thread......

MY16 S Engine Squeal / Shift Squeal

Best of luck getting everything resolved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So got the car back and the dealer fixed the exhaust noise, some sort of stuck flap. They also tightened the subframe bolts as a fix for the clunking noise but it’s still there. They also could not find the cause of the whistle noise and I did want them to spend anymore time in my dime trying to identify it.

Not sure what to do about the clunking noise as the car operates fine and it only really makes the noise going into my driveway. I may reach out to Porsche Corp and see if I can open a case with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts