Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
639 Posts
Thanks, the only thing that would make it better is if someone else paid for it!

It's for my wife who didn't give me any grief when we bought the GT4 and is okay with my order of the GT4RS, so... it's her turn for an exciting car purchase. She picked the colors and I went crazy with the added the essentials.
Great build. Only concern I would have is the alcantara steering wheel - I think you'll find it doesn't wear well.

· Registered
2,745 Posts
We lock early November, not sure on Miami Blue or Python Green for our 23 GTS (leaning PG)

First question, are the sunshades on the rear decent quality? I'd like to have them but the configurator image looks like a pretty cheap looking option that doesn't fit the windows well, leaving rather large gaps. I know the config images are not the best so that's why I'm asking.
I've read complaints they rattle a bit. The rear windows are like 20% tint level, why would you need them even darker? I don't get many back seat passengers, but I've never had a complaint about sun glare from the back side windows.

Second question, Will the Wireless charger actually hold modern phones? It looks pretty small and I'm concerned it will not fit one of the newer iPhone + models. If it won't fit my phone I don't want to chew up the space in the center console.
My iPhone 12 Pro fits no problem, as long as you have a case that's on the thin side. As for taking up space in the already small arm rest cubby, the phone charger portion is tucked up on the driver's side, so it doesn't really take any space from the deeper center section.

I know Red calipers are not a popular option...
News to me....maybe not for your color choices. For my pending Volcano Grey, I wouldn't want any other color but red.

Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Steering part

· Registered
639 Posts
I've read complaints they rattle a bit. The rear windows are like 20% tint level, why would you need them even darker? I don't get many back seat passengers, but I've never had a complaint about sun glare from the back side windows.

My iPhone 12 Pro fits no problem, as long as you have a case that's on the thin side. As for taking up space in the already small arm rest cubby, the phone charger portion is tucked up on the driver's side, so it doesn't really take any space from the deeper center section.

News to me....maybe not for your color choices. For my pending Volcano Grey, I wouldn't want any other color but red.

View attachment 262217
I see you have slots for a SIM and SD card in addition to USB. I think (I'll have to look again) my 2022 GTS only has USB - does that sound right? Do I need SIM and SD slots? Thanks

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

View attachment 262217
Rear shades for privacy 🍆🍑

😂 kidding, it’s way to tight back there for that of activity! Mainly for extra thermal properties in the summer and why not at this point. Phone charger, again why not. We both have iPhone plus’s so if it fits great. Current phones don’t fit in our current 2018 macan holder, so unless compartment has grown in size, it’s not happening. Red calipers are what I want. If I end up not liking it, I’ll try body color painted. Still cheaper than 900 for black that I’d probably change anyway.

When you start rationalizing “at this point what does it matter” is how a build gets out of control. I feel like the poster child for this!

· Registered
2,745 Posts
I see you have slots for a SIM and SD card in addition to USB. I think (I'll have to look again) my 2022 GTS only has USB - does that sound right? Do I need SIM and SD slots? Thanks
Not my picture, but my current 2020 Macan GTS has that same setup....

No idea what my pending 2023 Macan GTS will have in that dept.....

· Registered
2,745 Posts
Mainly for extra thermal properties in the summer and why not at this point.
I would just ceramic tint those rear windows darker rather than deal with potential rattles. The pull-up shades won't really help with lowering interior temps.

Phone charger, again why not. We both have iPhone plus’s so if it fits great.
My wife's iPhone 13 Pro fits as well. Key is how thin your phone case is. And yes I agree, $270 for the option is chump change.

Red calipers are what I want. If I end up not liking it, I’ll try body color painted. Still cheaper than 900 for black that I’d probably change anyway.
It's such a ripoff Porsche charging $900 for black brake calipers. BMW allows you to choose from red, blue, or black calipers for the M3....for $0.

When you start rationalizing “at this point what does it matter” is how a build gets out of control.
Agreed. My GTS build got up to $96,990, and this time around I ordered everything I wanted.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
We’re officially on the water making its way here!

· Registered
64 Posts
Man, my S was built on 11/21 and I still haven't gotten any notice that it shipped out. A week ago I asked my SA, and he said he's been looking it up every day and he'll let me know when he sees any movement.

I'm happy your car is on the way!

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Man, my S was built on 11/21 and I still haven't gotten any notice that it shipped out. A week ago I asked my SA, and he said he's been looking it up every day and he'll let me know when he sees any movement.

I'm happy your car is on the way!
Could be waiting on a part. Seems they’ve produced quite a few cars, not just macans, so they can keep producing and add the component at port when it arrives.

· Registered
64 Posts
Vessel has reached the US coast! Come on baby, daddy needs a new set of wheels!
I'm excited for you. I did get notice that my car was on a boat last Wednesday (1/4/23), but I don't have any updates since then. I'm living vicariously through you.

I noticed that your car is coming into Baltimore - same as mine. Now I'm wondering if our cars are ship-mates...

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I'm excited for you. I did get notice that my car was on a boat last Wednesday (1/4/23), but I don't have any updates since then. I'm living vicariously through you.

I noticed that your car is coming into Baltimore - same as mine. Now I'm wondering if our cars are ship-mates...
looks to reach Baltimore on the 11th

Here is the Ship at port in RI

Map Land lot Urban design Water Landscape

Forecast shows the next part of the journey.
Map World Terrestrial plant Slope Parallel

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

21 - 39 of 39 Posts