Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
If I have a repair (now that I'm out of warranty) I hope it is this, for $550, or something like that vs. the dreaded Timing Cover oil leak or the transfer case issue.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Ok, now what about the serpentine belt??
Anyone considering tackling the serpentine belt on their own should have a look at the following DIY thread. In post number 49 of that thread, the OP concludes that if your dealership quotes $1200 to change the serpentine belt, it's worth every penny of that.

DIY Macan S serpentine belt and tensioner

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone considering tackling the serpentine belt on their own should have a look at the following DIY thread. In post number 49 of that thread, the OP concludes that if your dealership quotes $1200 to change the serpentine belt, it's worth every penny of that.

DIY Macan S serpentine belt and tensioner
I think (based on that tutorial) that the OP went another route to change the serpentine belt. I mean, there is no need to take the Headlights mounts off. Once the radiator frame is out (I refer to the upper aluminum panel), all is needed is to remove the radiator fan, and just after that, there is plenty of space to remove the serpentine belt and the tensioner.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
I think (based on that tutorial) that the OP went another route to change the serpentine belt. I mean, there is no need to take the Headlights mounts off......
Perhaps so. Although the OP of that DIY thread said he followed the PIWIS TSI procedure, he did say in post 57 that if doing it again, he would not remove the headlight mounts, and instead take wheel well liners off and get to the bottom stuff from there.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts