Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a leaking hose that's under the intake. I'm losing coolant from it. Not sure if its the pencil-sized hose but does it really cost $550 for parts and labor? I'm assuming it more labor intensive to justify the cost. Macan turbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found out you need to remove the intake manifold, throttle body, and fuel injection pipes to get to this hose.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Have a leaking hose that's under the intake. I'm losing coolant from it. Not sure if its the pencil-sized hose but does it really cost $550 for parts and labor? I'm assuming it more labor intensive to justify the cost. Macan turbo
For a Porsche repair of that magnitude, $550 sounds like a bargain. Ever hear what some dealers charge for an oil change?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cayennes have (had?) coolant pipes under the intake manifold too. Early plastic pipes leaked and were replaced by aluminum.

That said, the intake manifold is easy to remove - which is why the quote is so low.

Not major surgery and not bad engineering

·
Registered
37 Posts

1st Pic
1 - Remove both (L+R) non-return lines and valves, move aside the breather lines
2 - Remove Throttle Body Hose (Flat Head Screwdriver)
3 - Remove Sensor Plugs and Bolts and move aside
4 - Remove 8X Intake Plenum Bolts using a Torx Bit. Move aside the wiring harness, sensor and bolts. Carefully remove the Intake Plenum

·
Registered
37 Posts

2nd Picture

1 - With the intake plenum removed, proceed to remove the Secondary Air Pump. 3X Torx Screws must be removed and Disconnect the plug.
2 - Disconnect Solenoid Valve #1
3 - Disconnect Solenoid Valve #2
4 - Remove Fuel line (bridge between both fuel rails)
5 - Remove Connector (Fuel Rail Sensor)
NOTE: Red arrow is the Coolant Line that is broken

·
Registered
37 Posts

1 - Remove Bolts from Engine Wiring Harness, 2X, (Note. there is one on the Passenger side and one behind the Harness, towards the firewall). this will allow to lift the plastic wiring harness piece.
2 - Proceed to remove the Coolant Line from the Engine Cylinder Head and from the hose locate behind the wiring Harness.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
@Gclasse:

That's very nice documentation, with the write-ups, clear pics, and the numbered labels. This project is beyond my desire, and possibly my competence, but it should be very helpful for those DIYers who run into this problem, and IMHO you're to be commended for the posts.

Just one other thing. In the first pic post, you wrote: "2 - Remove Throttle Body Hose (Flat Head Phillips Screwdriver)." What the heck is a "Flat Head Phillips Screwdriver"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
@Gclasse:

That's very nice documentation, with the write-ups, clear pics, and the numbered labels. This project is beyond my desire, and possibly my competence, but it should be very helpful for those DIYers who run into this problem, and IMHO you're to be commended for the posts.

Just one other thing. In the first pic post, you wrote: "2 - Remove Throttle Body Hose (Flat Head Phillips Screwdriver)." What the heck is a "Flat Head Phillips Screwdriver"?
Upps, typo!!:p

·
Registered
37 Posts
You need to take few things apart, but is not a big deal to be honest. If you like working on cars, few hours, beers and the rights tools, you will be fine! LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts