Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wanted to add a data point to this. My 2015 S with 55000 miles needed new upper control arms. Both upper arm bushings were visibly cracked and sloppy once out the car. Not really noticeable on the road, but I did have a slight vibration in the steering wheel at speed. Haven't driven over 40mph since doing the job but in town driving, she does feel a bit stiffer.

This was the easiest DIY job ever. Took 2 hours with a lunch break. All bolts were easy to remove as we have no snow/salt here and no issues with corrosion. The bolts looked new.

Bought Febi arms (only ones available locally that are not from Porsche) for $200 for all 4 plus a bottle jack. Will see how they hold up as they've received very mixed reviews on audi forums. They were cheap and easy to replace so no problem if they don't last long.

The lower control arm bushings were perfectly fine so left them in.

·
Registered
186 Posts
An update from me. I got the front lower control arms by Lemforder from FCP Euro for $70 each. FCP Euro provides a lifetime warranty on them. They are exactly the same arms that originally came on the car with the Audi logo ground off. I haven't had a chance to install because the ball joint puller I had was too small. Trying again with a bigger one this weekend.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts