Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Well, the 2016 sold yesterday to someone other than me... and that is quite alright. We won't be pursuing the 2015 referenced above at this time either. But, we are still looking which certainly allows for more time to do research.

I'll be back to discuss whatever I do find, but until then, thank you for the advice and links to other threads. By the way, I spoke to a local SoCal service advisor who mentioned many of the same potential concerns that were mentioned on this thread.
You are picking the worst time to shop used Porsches that I have ever seen in 30 years of buying them . It amazes me that a year ago I traded in my 2018 GTS in great shape . I got 55K for it in trade and it took them almost a 4 months to sell it with minimal profit and CPO . Now those same cars are asking 70K and I see new GTS cars with less than 5K miles asking in the 90's . The key is the immediate car comes with a huge premium .
My suggestion is to order a new base car with lean options to keep the cost down . It gives you time to save up , something to look forward to , and safety net of buying a new car with a full warranty at MSRP . You can hold a dealership to MSRP . Some want more but you can walk . The fact that there is a written number by Porsche gives you (the buyer) some negotiating leverage in a tidal wave sellers market .

21 - 21 of 21 Posts