Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have build up condensation after I wash my GTS Macan, anybody with same problem

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
No issue with mine from day 1. maybe take a pic next time it happens. condensation formed inside the headlight clear lens plastic cover

Looks like you have a new car. I had this on my bimmer and after one month or so, it does not happen anymore. dealer said it's normal.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Macan headlights are not sealed, so can get condensation in them. Likewise, it will evaporate eventually. I think there is a brief mention of that in the Owner's Manual...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine also does. It itches a bit on first notice ... will see, if the itching stays, then I'd have to do something about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Macan S: I do not see condensation but there is a significant, permanent haze from previous condensation. I noticed upon delivery but it was cold and thought it was on the outside of the headlight. Dealer stated that Porsche will not replace headlight unless there is considerable moisture present. This new technology sux.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Nope no condensation on my GTS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Condensation on one of my tail lights (RHS, attached to the boot)

Gives me an error in PCM from time to time. Will try to stop by the dealer this week to get it checked

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Condensation initially on both headlights lens, even during car wash. Lately after 6 weeks ownership, no more condensation which I am glad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Condensation initially on both headlights lens, even during car wash. Lately after 6 weeks ownership, no more condensation which I am glad.

My rhs boot-attached tailgate actually stopped working altogether..

Went to closest Porsche centre, they took notice, fotographed and videoed it to send to Porsche AG. Waiting for a new one now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yes this is not a problem. I 'm sure it's gone now that I'm writing this. Mine fog but dissipates very quickly. Part of how they work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum, thanks to all who take time to post/share information, it has been both enjoyable and helpful for me.

I just purchased a new 2020 Macan S (my first Porsche), ordered in June, picked up on SEPT 23, 2019. -happy day!

Issue: I returned the car to the dealership on OCT 3 (11 days after delivery) for an appointment for Clear Mask installation. Picked the car up on OCT 4 and the tailgate tail lights have water in them. This can only have happened from the washing prior to the Clear Mask install; we've had no rain and the car had not yet been washed otherwise. We (both the dealer and I) photographed the issue. His advice is to drive it a couple weeks to check if it goes away. -I'm a little skeptical. I've sent an inquiry directly to Porsche, but not sure where it will land.

I read, on this forum, about a similar issue for the 2015 model, and that there was a prior recall. Does anyone have, or have you heard of, this issue with the 2020 model? -or even the 2019 (first year to change the tail light design).

Many thanks,
CJK

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi All,

Picked the car up on OCT 4 and the tailgate tail lights have water in them.

If you see goldfish swimming in the light, you have a problem. Moisture in the lights is common on many new vehicles, it should go away by itself, you will probably notice some moisture in the front headlights at times, again not a big deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear Synergize,

Thanks for your reply. I will keep calm and give the moisture a chance to breathe itself out.

Best,
CJK

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you have water in your light bar you have a problem. If its moisture condensation it will most likely go away. If the condensation returns frequently, after a rain or after a car wash it is a problem.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts