Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be a few competitors to the Macan so I thought we could compare and discuss some of them here. Could be useful for anyone having second thoughts about getting a 2014 Porsche Macan. Plus, it will be interesting to see what the affordable baby Cayenne does to the luxury SUV market when it becomes available to the masses.
A few alternatives that come to mind:
  • Audi Q5
  • Infiniti EX35
  • Mercedes Benz GLK
  • Nissan JUKE NISMO
  • BMW X3
  • Range Rover Evoque
  • Lamborghini Urus
Any I missed? Right off the bat I can say for sure that I would never get a Juke Nismo, a) for the name and b) for the taillights...gross. I really like the looks of the GLK and BMW X3 though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
the Mercedes GLA will probably also be a big time competitor for the Macan, although considering its based of the FWD CLA platform it doesnt stand much chance. Cant wait to see an AMG GLA go up against a Macan Turbo or whatever Porsche calls the top trim level.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Macan also looks like the Ferrari FF, though I'm sure that it sits at a much higher price point. Or maybe I'm just crazy...

I guess it would have to be raised up slightly and add 2 doors. Do you guys see it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Macan also looks like the Ferrari FF, though I'm sure that it sits at a much higher price point. Or maybe I'm just crazy...

I guess it would have to be raised up slightly and add 2 doors. Do you guys see it?
I LOVE the shooting brake look, really glad its making its way into the mainstream. Hopefully the Macan really popularizes the body style here in North America. We have a severe deficiency of Hot Hatches, SLick Wagons and Shooting Brakes

·
Registered
54 Posts
I LOVE the shooting brake look, really glad its making its way into the mainstream. Hopefully the Macan really popularizes the body style here in North America. We have a severe deficiency of Hot Hatches, SLick Wagons and Shooting Brakes
What exactly is the shooting brake look? I though this just referred to a technology, not really a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.