Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, please help:)

I've decided to be getting a Macan T but I can't decide on the color. I've seen pretty much all of them (besides the customs) and I still am having problems choosing. I know it's a personal decision but I'm so lost and overthinking this. For starters I don't care about the reseal value neither I care much about maintenance costs. It snows and rains a lot here and all cars get dirty fairly quickly.

What I know I don't want:
  • White ones as I don't like white cars.
  • Papaya as I simply don't like this tint.
  • Night Blue Metallic and Copper Ruby as they looks too business and serious for me.
  • Carmine Red my current car is red and I need a change. While I love red cars for some reasons I don't like the way Macan looks in red.
What I am considering from time to time:
  • Gentian blue. While I like the color on smaller Porsche I think it makes Macan look too small or too toy like (personal opinion). Especially in bright light. It looks great here:
  • Dolomite Silver. I like silver cars but Macan is a pretty old car when it comes to it's general shape. I have a feeling Silver makes it look even more 90s if you know what I mean.
  • Miami Blue. It's crazy. I'm not sure I like it but it feels different and special and I think Porsche deserves a special paint.
  • Volcano Gray. I liked Agate gray a lot and while I like gray cars where I'm from (Poland) half of the cars are dark gray. And it's raining here a lot so the dark gray and dirty looks very sad and old in most cases.
My top two choices are:
  • Jet Black Metallic. I just love the stealthy look and black goes best with my personality. I'm planning on blacking out whatever I can to further stress this. Sadly I have a few problems with black. First of all half SUVs here are black. Especially BMWs and Audis so while I love black I feel it will make the car look less special and I think Macan, with it's unique and beautiful but a bit more common shape needs an extra push to stand out. Also black looks relatively small and I wan't this to look like an SUV and not like a hatchback (nope I can;t afford Cayenne). Finally black hides all the black details on the car making it look even more common. If I was getting a 911 it would be black but here I'm afraid the car will be lost in the crowd. On the plus side with black I don't have to decide whether to paint the side blades - it simply almost makes no difference.

• Crayon / Chalk. I like grey cars as I think they look sporty and serious but I don't like white cars because for me they looks basic and boring. Chalk is somewhere in between. What I like about chalk is the fact that it looks quite unique and it makes the car look bigger, more serious and elegant but also a bit sporty. What I don't like about it is that it can look too white in some light conditions. Besides that I'm not sure if I like the black side blade but painting it is problematic in Macan T. If I get the sport package and get rid of the agate gray on the front I will have a gloss black side blade. If I choose to paint the side blade in chalk, I will not be able to choose the sport package. I that case I can still choose to paint the side skirts and bumpers but my front and spoiler will remain agate gray which isn't ideal.

• Finally I am also considering going with a similar look to this one (but with Agate Gray elements which I can't avoid):
    there's something I like about the unpainted bumpers and side skirts contrasting with the rest of the body. This configuration looks a bit more off-roadish and aggressive in my eyes. The painted side blade also helps.
Last bit of info. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering the extended Mojave leather interior. I know for some it does not work well with crayon, and I do agree it looks better with JBM but Mojave is not negotiable. I just love it too much :D

As you see I'm all over the place. Please save me :)

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,251 Posts
The color choices of the Macan’s are extremely limited. You have an added issue having the graphics being in agate gray .

I have owned a white one, silver, and three jet black metallic. Of the five I love the Jet Black Metallic. I decided to go for a change on this one and almost went paint the sample but landed on chalk. Insured I narrowed it down to your two colors as well but I did not have the graphics of the Macan T. That would’ve made it much harder. I might have deleted it. I might’ve even deleted the Macan T. I honestly don’t know what color I would choose with those graphics.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @yrralis1 thanks for commenting.
Yeah it's quite easy to change the grey elements to glossy black wit the sport trip package. It makes the JBM look even more black. On the other hand there's something interesting about this look: 2023 Porsche Macan T First Drive Review: Touring Is The Hot Ticket I thin in the right lightening and atmosphere those grey elements add a modern element to the whole composition. At least the one on the front. I would paint the side blade and the mirrors here most likely.

How's chalk for you after owning the black ones? Do you perceive the car as bigger? Do you wan't to go back?:) Those bright colors tend to "take more space" and I think I like that on Macan.

· Registered
2023 Macan GTS
15,251 Posts
Hey @yrralis1 thanks for commenting.
Yeah it's quite easy to change the grey elements to glossy black wit the sport trip package. It makes the JBM look even more black. On the other hand there's something interesting about this look: 2023 Porsche Macan T First Drive Review: Touring Is The Hot Ticket I thin in the right lightening and atmosphere those grey elements add a modern element to the whole composition. At least the one on the front. I would paint the side blade and the mirrors here most likely.

How's chalk for you after owning the black ones? Do you perceive the car as bigger? Do you wan't to go back?:) Those bright colors tend to "take more space" and I think I like that on Macan.
I had not seen a photo. I am sold on JBM!!
BTW I would have bought a 4th JBM except I felt the same color again would not feel like a new car. I love the color and feel its Porsches best metallic black.

· Registered
1,781 Posts
So you've eliminated the first four, are ambivalent about the next four, don't like JBM, and have reservations about your favorite, Chalk. I'd recommend either PTS (paint to sample), or therapy.

· Registered
2020 Macan GTS
110 Posts
Marek,

Będziesz zadowolony z "chalk". Ja bym oczywiście wolał papaya ale to moj gust. Pozdrawiam.

· Registered
2022 Macan
927 Posts
Chalk is a very special colour and I think it will work better with the T silver trim.

· Registered
2020 Macan GTS
110 Posts
Have you considered pebble gray as an alternative to beige? This would go better with chalk exterior
Matter of taste but I would rather have beige interior with chalk exterior. I think they complement nicely. I always prefer more contrast between exterior and interior.

· Registered
957 Posts
I have a Volcano gray Macan and it looks great when it's clean and kind of depressing when it's dirty. I much prefer lighter colors. I owned a 911 GTS in GT Silver a couple years ago and now have a chalk 911 with black/bordeaux interior which is awesome. I think your interior choice will look fine with Chalk as the exterior really takes on different looks depending on the lighting. Good luck with your choice, it will be great.

Reactions: Olasek

· Registered
410 Posts
Dolomite with its black accents for sure, practically speaking. It's beautiful AND will be cooler and appear cleaner much longer. I think less work and more play is the way and never understood the black vehicle thing. Even Carrera white would be a better color to live with. Chalk is very interesting but it just isn't pretty IMHO.

· Registered
2,745 Posts
Snow & ice melts quick on Volcano grey when parked in the sun....and it's a nice stealthy color....

Volcano grey has a lot of flake in it as well....looks good in the daylight. My pending Volcano grey 2023 Macan GTS will have the Black/Bordeaux Red interior which looks smashing....

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

· Registered
64 Posts
Snow & ice melts quick on Volcano grey when parked in the sun....and it's a nice stealthy color....

Volcano grey has a lot of flake in it as well....looks good in the daylight. My pending Volcano grey 2023 Macan GTS will have the Black/Bordeaux Red interior which looks smashing....

View attachment 261683
Volcano Grey and the Bordeaux interior looks great, to be sure. But the Macan T comes with Agate Grey accents and the two greys don't go very well together, in my opinion. Notice the rear spoiler and the side blades.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
2023 GTS - Dolomite / Bordeaux PPUQ7NL7
428 Posts
I agree, I think that the agate grey accents on the T force you to go with a lighter colour. With the volcano especially, it looks like a badly matched touch up paint job. And it's a T so you have to keep them, and the striped interior fabric, it's the signature element that distinguishes the T from the base model.

I recently saw a chalk T for the first time and the agate badging is simply superb:
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

1 - 20 of 34 Posts