Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if color selection will affect residual values? I head black and whites are some of the least undesirable colors for porsche-As. Although a contentious thought could be that residuals will plummet because there will be zillions of Macans...

not sure, I know this topic may sound a touch silly but this will be my first porsche, looking for a bit of advice. Don't want to get dinged too hard ;)

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Unless it's a weird colour or a weird factory order combination, it shouldnt. Might take a little longer to find the right person to buy a weird colour but they are out there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just curious if color selection will affect residual values? I head black and whites are some of the least undesirable colors for porsche-As. Although a contentious thought could be that residuals will plummet because there will be zillions of Macans...

not sure, I know this topic may sound a touch silly but this will be my first porsche, looking for a bit of advice. Don't want to get dinged too hard ;)
Was that double negative there purposefully?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be more worried about choosing a terrible color than choosing the right color. Just have some taste and don't make an ugly car when you order and you should be fine. I wouldn't take projected residual value as one of the top influencers on what kind of Macan I buy. You want something that will make you happy.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I think volume will drive the residuals more than color choice. Maybe when we talk about a GT3 in the vivid orange and green colors, there's some significant pricing impact. You can check out used car values on Edmunds and other sites to see the adjustments they make for color - it's usually only a couple hundred dollars difference.

Reactions: chylld

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
... I wouldn't take projected residual value as one of the top influencers on what kind of Macan I buy. You want something that will make you happy.
This. A new car is a depreciating asset. Don't mean to be terse, but buying a new car based on residual value just doesn't make sense to me. If resale is a big concern, wait a few years and get used Macan and let someone else take the hit for you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This. A new car is a depreciating asset. Don't mean to be terse, but buying a new car based on residual value just doesn't make sense to me. If resale is a big concern, wait a few years and get used Macan and let someone else take the hit for you.
well i usually keep my vehicles 18-24 months and then rotate to minimize the dings. If i can get one early enough while there is still a waiting list its likely the residuals will still be high.

you dont have to school me on the nature of depreciating assets, but which would you prefer, a resale value of 75% or a resale value of 50%?

cheers for the input everyone.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
well i usually keep my vehicles 18-24 months and then rotate to minimize the dings. If i can get one early enough while there is still a waiting list its likely the residuals will still be high.

you dont have to school me on the nature of depreciating assets, but which would you prefer, a resale value of 75% or a resale value of 50%?

I hear you and again, wasn't trying to be condescending in any way.

Maybe a lease is a better option if you plan on keeping the car for such a short term? That way, you are protected from heavy depreciation and if the car is worth more than the residual, you can buy/sell it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear you and again, wasn't trying to be condescending in any way.

Maybe a lease is a better option if you plan on keeping the car for such a short term? That way, you are protected from heavy depreciation and if the car is worth more than the residual, you can buy/sell it?
ah apologies on my part, internet and intonations you know ;)

It likely will be a lease, or finance is an option. I've done financing in the past and then when i swap out I can usually match the lower dep with down payment. That strategy usually works well except you get dinged when you swap brands, but if we like the Macan enough that won't be a problem..

·
Registered
634 Posts

I would lease if I were you. Order exactly what you want and walk away from it when you are done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.