Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
1,039 Posts
It will not work on the 19 and up. Porsche changed to a different ECU (shared with the newer VAG platform). Last time I spoke to Cobb it was on their radar but no decision had been made. Each ECU presents it's own challenges to break in and modify tables, etc. There's a lot of development cost. If you have interest, I would request it to Cobb. The more demand they see, the easier the business case will be.

· Registered
49 Posts
APR:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
APR:

Thanks, Bill. I'm leaning toward the APR since it seems to give a good performance boost with smooth shifting. My local shop offers APR. Any negatives, in your experience, with the APR tune?

· Registered
495 Posts
I have used APR Stage-1 tunes on 3 different cars, all were great. If you are not worried about the Porsche Warrantee, go for it, they have good products.
I went with a JB1 piggyback tune module because of my CPO warrantee.
You will get a bit more power with the APR Stage-1 tune, maybe 20 HP more, and a bit more torque.

· Registered
49 Posts
I have used APR Stage-1 tunes on 3 different cars, all were great. If you are not worried about the Porsche Warrantee, go for it, they have good products.
I went with a JB1 piggyback tune module because of my CPO warrantee.
You will get a bit more power with the APR Stage-1 tune, maybe 15 HP more, and a bit more torque.
I had a JB1 in my previous Macan 2.0 and then APR. Night and day if with jb1 improves 0.5 sec for example 50-80mph with APR got 1 full second (all dragy tested). Improves the throttle at low rpms too compared to JB1. A more fair comparison will be JB4 where you can run a more agressive map connected to the ODB2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts