Porsche Macan Forum banner
1481 - 1495 of 1495 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Do you still get around 23mpg on highway in comfort mode with cobb?
23.3-24.0 mpg in most recent hwy fill ups. 15.0-18.1 mpg in most recent city. But the “city” is a mix of comfort and sport modes. I have it recorded going back to November 2017 and have highs of 24.0 (above) and low of 13.8. Both are post-Cobb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, it now averages okay for me.

anyway, I’m super satisfied with the performance gain and even normal mode pushes smoother and quicker now

·
Supporting Vendor
69 Posts
Much has transpired here at BGB over the last year or so. Wray no longe works here handling the forums & retails sales but AJ has arrived to save us. He is not yet on the forums but soon will be. My most sincere apologies to anyone that has tried to PM me or email me. Four month old at home sidelined me but i am almost finally caught up! Reading along to get up to speed. Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Much has transpired here at BGB over the last year or so. Wray no longe works here handling the forums & retails sales but AJ has arrived to save us. He is not yet on the forums but soon will be. My most sincere apologies to anyone that has tried to PM me or email me. Four month old at home sidelined me but i am almost finally caught up! Reading along to get up to speed. Thanks!
Welcome Back!

Look forward to seeing more Macan's with the sauce.

·
Supporting Vendor
69 Posts
Welcome Back!

Look forward to seeing more Macan's with the sauce.

View attachment 245669
Is that a Welcome Back Kotter poster!? Awesome!

I showed AJ how many members are on here and we discussed how to stay more current! We now have a Dynojet in our facility and I’ve found out how to make the AWD cars 2WD for dyno purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS -White W/Black-Red Leather Int. Spyder Wheels Blk W/SC
39 Posts
Is that a Welcome Back Kotter poster!? Awesome!

I showed AJ how many members are on here and we discussed how to stay more current! We now have a Dynojet in our facility and I’ve found out how to make the AWD cars 2WD for dyno purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why wouldn't you want to rate an AWD vehicle as AWD instead of 2WD which is not feasible in everyday driving?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don’t know if anyone else has made a review on the flat 6 stage 1+ Cobb tune, but I figured I’d share my thoughts and initial impressions after getting it.

Performance: the car is significantly quicker than the stage 1 ots from Cobb. The extra power is more noticeable on the top end and 2nd-7th gear feels like it has more torque. First gear doesn’t feel any different but maybe I’m just getting used to it. I ran some 0-60 test runs and I don’t have any from the Cobb OTS tune, but when the car was completely stock the best I could do was a 6.3 0-60 (I have an S with no launch control). Doing a 0-60 from a “dig” (no launch or boost build just flooring it), I managed to get a 4.9 0-60 with the stage 1+.

Reliability: I haven’t had any issues (yet) with reliability. A lot of people talk about the upgraded DV’s, but I chose not to get them due to the tedious DIY install and the fact that I want to leave the car completely stock when I take it into service.

Boost: I do notice that when giving 50% throttle in sport mode, occasionally the boost will either cut out or make a really weird whining sound. I assume it’s the diverter valves, but when I go full throttle or light throttle, there’s no issues. In normal mode I don’t notice any boost issues. On the Cobb AP it said I was running about 26-27 psi after subtracting the atmospheric pressure.

Final Verdict: Definitely worth it considering it’s only $150 and essentially turned my S into turbo level speed. I feel very confident now when racing people at stop lights (that’s the only racing I do in the Macan). I’d say stage 1+ is all you need and the perfect amount of tuning if you’re looking to leave everything else stock

·
Registered
9 Posts
And that's the same reason I decided not to go with many famed Porsche tuners here on the left-coast.

Their ProTune packages were a one-and-done deal.

They tune your car 1x, and wipe their hands clean.

There may be developments from COBB in the future, which may affect our BGB Motorsports ProTune.

But I have peace of mind knowing that John will be there to support us.
Unfortunately the last few times I reached out to John at BGB he didn’t bother to respond. Seems like he may have drummed up a bunch of buzz with us folks then went on his way. Not sure.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
182 Posts
I don’t know if anyone else has made a review on the flat 6 stage 1+ Cobb tune, but I figured I’d share my thoughts and initial impressions after getting it.

Performance: the car is significantly quicker than the stage 1 ots from Cobb. The extra power is more noticeable on the top end and 2nd-7th gear feels like it has more torque. First gear doesn’t feel any different but maybe I’m just getting used to it. I ran some 0-60 test runs and I don’t have any from the Cobb OTS tune, but when the car was completely stock the best I could do was a 6.3 0-60 (I have an S with no launch control). Doing a 0-60 from a “dig” (no launch or boost build just flooring it), I managed to get a 4.9 0-60 with the stage 1+.

Final Verdict: Definitely worth it considering it’s only $150 and essentially turned my S into turbo level speed. I feel very confident now when racing people at stop lights (that’s the only racing I do in the Macan). I’d say stage 1+ is all you need and the perfect amount of tuning if you’re looking to leave everything else stock
Thanks for the review! Very informative. What octane fuel do you run? Have you thought about buying Sport+ / Sport Chrono feature from Suncoast? Sport Plus Mode - Macan

I have a 2017 GTS with Sports Chrono and here were my numbers from ~ 4 months ago (using the Cobb to measure):
0-60 No tune, no launch control: 4.9s
0-60 Cobb stage 1 91 OCT, no launch control: 4.6s
0-60 Cobb stage 1 91 OCT, launch control: 4.4s
All in Sports+. Only mods at the time were Sport Pilot 4S tires and spare tire pulled out.

I've since added F6 filters and associated hood mods and been thinking of either buying the F6 tune (good price, supported) or a Pro Tube (more expensive, more hassle, questionable support depending where I get it).

I haven't yet seen detailed info and/or dyno charts on the F6 tune, but this is the way I'm leaning. I want performance, but want to stay on the safe side.

·
Supporting Vendor
69 Posts
Unfortunately the last few times I reached out to John at BGB he didn’t bother to respond. Seems like he may have drummed up a bunch of buzz with us folks then went on his way. Not sure.
Hello,

I just went and scoured my inbox and sent emails to the only two people that have inquired about Cobb Tunes since September 15th. We do have someone that answers the phones and emails during the day when I am not here. If you ever don't get us via PM, please try email and if that doesn't work, please try the phone. We are a very small shop with 3 full time employees. My full time office person of 3 years left the week before our first born arrived and with the launch of the new web site, it's been a bit hard to get back to folks that have PMd with questions. One customer however did call and speak to AJ and request to purchase a tune and he received an Accessport and a tune. If you were that person, i apologize for not getting back to you. If you were not, please call the shop when you can't get us. We have some writeups on the forums and eventually will add them to the site.

John

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello,

I just went and scoured my inbox and sent emails to the only two people that have inquired about Cobb Tunes since September 15th. We do have someone that answers the phones and emails during the day when I am not here. If you ever don't get us via PM, please try email and if that doesn't work, please try the phone. We are a very small shop with 3 full time employees. My full time office person of 3 years left the week before our first born arrived and with the launch of the new web site, it's been a bit hard to get back to folks that have PMd with questions. One customer however did call and speak to AJ and request to purchase a tune and he received an Accessport and a tune. If you were that person, i apologize for not getting back to you. If you were not, please call the shop when you can't get us. We have some writeups on the forums and eventually will add them to the site.

John
Thanks for the update John.

Look forward to the other cowbell options for the Macan Gen 2 and Panamera.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking at adding a Cobb tune to my 2018 GTS. Found the following dyno chart on Flat 6 Motorsports page. I am really surprised by the torque dip shown between 2.2K and 2.7K RPM for the stock tune. It seems like this is something that would be easily felt in the stock tune, but I am not sure I feel this in my 2018 GTS. I this is accurate, I am really hoping the Cobb tune takes this out of the equation as shown below. Does anybody have real world, seat of the pants experience to back up this chart?

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
117 Posts
Three strikes....that's it for me with COBB.....

My 2018 MGTS was Cobb tuned at 11000 miles with v205, now running an updated v208 for quite some time. Car now has 46000 miles. About a year ago, the car, out of nowhere, the car went into a low boost limp mode. No codes found when I ran diagnostics. I uninstalled the tune and all was fine. I ran stock over the winter and reloaded the tune in this past spring. Then it happened again a few months ago right after filling up with gas. I figured maybe it was bad gas since I was running the 93 octane program. Again, I uninstalled the tune. After a few months, I put the tune back. This time I loaded the 91 octane program and ran 93 octane gas. After about a month the car went into a low boost limp mode again, seemingly out of nowhere. This time it had nothing to do with anything. At one point, everything was fine, then I was in limp mode. Again, I ran diagnostics on the Cobb and a second OBD scan device and no codes were found. So I pulled the tune and I am done. Just a hassle I don't need.

1481 - 1495 of 1495 Posts