Porsche Macan Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1462 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Any performance data yet? This thread is 2 months old and nothing. Lots of it feels great and it's smooth. Does anyone have any actual performance data to show it's faster than the off the shelf tune?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Any performance data yet? This thread is 2 months old and nothing. Lots of it feels great and it's smooth. Does anyone have any actual performance data to show it's faster than the off the shelf tune?
I only have my data log from a 3rd gear redline pull. I don’t have any 0-60 comparative data (pre/post), and I don’t plan on taking mine to the track.

I can post the data log; but I don’t think any of that will help much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have several weeks and 300+ miles on John’s BGB map vs. Cobb Stg1 93 on my ‘18 Turbo. Smooth tip in, no boost spiking/bucking, much improved general “drive ability” regardless of setting. Recommended and will update after data logging...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have Sport Chrono from the factory. I had Sport Plus added as a Tequipment upgrade by the dealer. The car already had the dash chronometer, so the dealer installed package comes with the Sport Plus button and new programming that allows Launch Control. In Sport Plus, with Launch Control activated, the engine revs to 5,000 rpm and appears to build a small amount of boost, which makes the launch more violent than Sport mode, which spins the engine to 3,500 rpm and appears to build zero boost. I don't know what the launch rpm is for cars with Sport Chrono from the factory, but it might be a little bit higher, since the engine mounts that come with that package can take a bigger shock load. To answer your second question, the Sport Plus launch and the Cobb Stage 1 launch both used 'Launch Control'. In Sport mode (in my car) Launch Control is not active, so 'no' in that case.
Hi, how much to get the sport plus upgrade by the dealer?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi All,

Does the Cobb create ecu logs/errors or information on the ECU to alert its been programmed? Saw this recently on another forum. Does anyone actually clear any ecu logs after programming or has anyone actually seen such logs ont he ecu after programming? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Hi All,

Does the Cobb create ecu logs/errors or information on the ECU to alert its been programmed? Saw this recently on another forum. Does anyone actually clear any ecu logs after programming or has anyone actually seen such logs ont he ecu after programming? Thanks
Just do yourself a favor and remove it before taking the car into a dealer. Life is easier without conflict.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep but even if you remove there are obvious signs it's been flashed. I'm not sure if there's a counter or if indeed porsche will go looking however if you do not clear ALL fault codes from ALL ecu's(36+) then it's very very obvious ecu has been disconnected or flashed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all,

Has anyone used the Cobb Accessport v3 on a facelifted Macan 2.0T which as an OPF fitted? If so, did it work well or did you experience any issues?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all,

Has anyone used the Cobb Accessport v3 on a facelifted Macan 2.0T which as an OPF fitted? If so, did it work well or did you experience any issues?
I just emailed Cobb and unfortunately they don't support the facelifted Macan 2.0 yet because it has an OPF/GPF :( They also said that they don't have any plans at the moment to support it.

·
Registered
2017 GTS, Cobb OTS, AMS filters
41 Posts
Anyone still running this tune? Would love some updates. Emailed BGB but haven’t heard back yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had this tune on my 2018 GTS since 2018. Runs great and John has always been great to work with on updates. Right now my last update fixed the lag in the throttle response. The Stock response was terrible but now you press the gas pedal all the way down and it just goes.. as before it was a gradual up speed.. this is besides the timing updates which are awesome.. and just add some 100Oct or 98/96 Oct race fuel and HOLLLLY HELLLLL the GTS wakes up from a nap that's for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had this tune on my 2018 GTS since 2018. Runs great and John has always been great to work with on updates. Right now my last update fixed the lag in the throttle response. The Stock response was terrible but now you press the gas pedal all the way down and it just goes.. as before it was a gradual up speed.. this is besides the timing updates which are awesome.. and just add some 100Oct or 98/96 Oct race fuel and HOLLLLY HELLLLL the GTS wakes up from a nap that's for sure.
Awesome, thats great to hear. So they provided you with 3-4 maps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, thats great to hear. So they provided you with 3-4 maps?
Depends on what you want to do.. I wanted a 100 Oct, 98/96 Oct map so I can add either fuel and the timing would be setup for it. I see a lot of folks adding 100 Oct but without a re-map of the ECU, the timing will not be advanced or retarded enough to make any noticeable difference. Plus John will work with you on a baseline log, 100 Oct Log and 98/96 Log so he can trim or add timing to get your GTS to where it can be. I then de-tune my GTS when I'm not using those higher octane fuels.. Cali we can only get 91 octane corn syrup so I leave it at the 91 octane tune until I can make it to the closest race track for Sunoco 98.. then I re-tune the car back to 98 map.. and tare up the roads on the way back home LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Depends on what you want to do.. I wanted a 100 Oct, 98/96 Oct map so I can add either fuel and the timing would be setup for it. I see a lot of folks adding 100 Oct but without a re-map of the ECU, the timing will not be advanced or retarded enough to make any noticeable difference. Plus John will work with you on a baseline log, 100 Oct Log and 98/96 Log so he can trim or add timing to get your GTS to where it can be. I then de-tune my GTS when I'm not using those higher octane fuels.. Cali we can only get 91 octane corn syrup so I leave it at the 91 octane tune until I can make it to the closest race track for Sunoco 98.. then I re-tune the car back to 98 map.. and tare up the roads on the way back home LOL
Haha love that. I just need a 93 tune for Chicago, plus a 91 in case I road trip. I’m mainly looking for a better drive in “normal” mode and would rather get this pro tune vs a PC.

1401 - 1420 of 1462 Posts