Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 992C4S, 2020 Macan S, 2008 Touareg V8
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife keeps getting this message on and off on her dash even though there's nothing wrong with the tail/brake/etc. lights. This is on a 2020 S that's already had a few electrical meltdowns: battery total discharge a couple of months after purchase, then headlights strobing ...

Anyone getting anything similar?

siberian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check the lower tail light. Some people have reported warning notifications when there is moisture in that light.
We were having this issue, you could see moisture in that light occasionally. Replaced the light, have not had the issue since then.

Reactions: Beardy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys. I've figured out the issue, here's a link

siberian

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please check post#3 for an update

siberian

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Curiously, I had this error message pop up a few days ago. I checked all the lights, including the fogs and reverse lamps, and they were all working.

Message disappeared the next day upon restart, and hasn't returned since.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My message hasn’t gone away, all lights are working fine and I have checked the fuses too. Don’t know what the issue is

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Curiously, I had this error message pop up a few days ago. I checked all the lights, including the fogs and reverse lamps, and they were all working.

Message disappeared the next day upon restart, and hasn't returned since.
In 7 years of ownership, I don't think I had ever turned-on the fogs by pulling the dash light switch outward. Part of me wonders whether doing that somehow did the trick. I don't know. IIRC, there is only one rear fog, and it's on the driver's side.

Fog light indicator

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beardy, what exactly is the message you are getting? Have you checked the lower (right or left) position light when you turn the lights on? I say turn on as in my case I've modified the coding to enable to rear lights with the DRLs. Thus as soon as I start the car, the DRLs go on in the front and the rear tail and position lights come on.

siberian

·
Registered
137 Posts
Beardy, what exactly is the message you are getting? Have you checked the lower (right or left) position light when you turn the lights on? I say turn on as in my case I've modified the coding to enable to rear lights with the DRLs. Thus as soon as I start the car, the DRLs go on in the front and the rear tail and position lights come on.

siberian
the message is “Check right rear light“
I just tried the rear fog lights ( can’t say I have ever used them before ) and the right rear one comes on as do both reversing lights when reverse is selected

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the tiny red position light (in the reverse light and rear fog light) also come on? THAT is the light it's probably complaining about, see arrow in pic below (this is for the left side)

siberian

Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
137 Posts
yes immediately to the outside of the reversing light there is a rear marker fog light. The rest looks like reflector??

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There is your problem, There is a small light to the right of the light that is currently on, that's off. I assume you have your light ON.

Here is a picture (for left side)

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Car

siberian

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fantastic thanks Siberian , I missed that light. I will have a look at changing that, hopefully it isn’t too much drama to get to.
With Covid lockdown I can’t get to the dealer anyway

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Check out my write up on How-to. Definitely a DIY. Good luck

siberian

·
Registered
137 Posts
Siberian is that the write up you linked above over at Rennlist? is it a generic part or will I need to order a replacement in? I would rather pull it apart when I have the parts

cheers

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the write-up I did over on RL:

No that's the Porsche part number and you need to specify of course if it's right or left. Not sure there's a non OEM part. Of course, not like your car is going to keel over because of a silly light. So best you order the part first that way you get to have a look at the part, where the torx screws go etc. Not rocket science.

GL, cheers from 65 North

siberian

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No worries. GL and keep us posted!

siberian

Reactions: Beardy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you look on the RL thread I mentioned above, you'll see the epilogue as I dissected the light hoping that the LEDs could be replaced. As it is they can't and the entire assembly will join other trash in land fills. Not the best design by very far.

siberian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts