Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I mave a 2015 Macan S Diesel and on Sunday when I started the car it had a check engine message, but saying it was OK to drive. The closest dealer is 2.5 hours away so I went to my local mechanic who scanned the codes (3) and I took a photo of the screen. We then cleared the codes and I thought I would look them up.

Silly me (and mechanic) as the codes are not in any format that makes sense. i.e. 5c2bh/23595 / refer to OEM repair information..... so the mechanic must have not had a reader that can make sense of this code (i'm guessing).

Any idea where to go next? can the fault be tracked using this code or will I need for this code to come back before I can get it read properly?

TIA

Ian

·
Registered
298 Posts
Take it to a normal mechanic or buy OBD2 reader and read the codes on your own. Then you will figure out the next step.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it to a normal mechanic or buy OBD2 reader and read the codes on your own. Then you will figure out the next step.
Thanks for the reply. It was a normal mechanic, however I think the mechanic was inexperienced. He read the codes - but they are of a format that doesn't relate to anything I have found on the net (they all start with a letter, these ones didn't). I think I will have to wait and see if they come back, unless I can read the cleared codes?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It was a normal mechanic, however I think the mechanic was inexperienced. He read the codes - but they are of a format that doesn't relate to anything I have found on the net (they all start with a letter, these ones didn't). I think I will have to wait and see if they come back, unless I can read the cleared codes?
I would just get OBD2 tool and read them on your own. you can search here as this is widely discussed. What he read weren't the codes but something else.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is that the full codes? What issues are you experiencing? I can stick codes in to piwis and tell you what they mean if you like?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the full codes? What issues are you experiencing? I can stick codes in to piwis and tell you what they mean if you like?

Thanks for your reply. I haven't had any obvious issues. However the check engine light came back on tody after the codes were wiped about 3 or 4 days ago. If you could put them into piwis that would be great the codes are below.

5c2bh/23595
38fbh/14587
25afh/9647

Thankyou so much

Ian

·
Registered
298 Posts
I checked PIWIS and engine codes either start with 0 or with P. I don't think those codes are actual fault codes. I would suggest to get an OBD2 scanner and read the codes yourself once again and post them here .

·
Registered
198 Posts
I checked PIWIS and engine codes either start with 0 or with P. I don't think those codes are actual fault codes. I would suggest to get an OBD2 scanner and read the codes yourself once again and post them here .
I haven't had chance to check. But did you check the entire code against Ps and 0s?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I haven't had chance to check. But did you check the entire code against Ps and 0s?

Yep, I scrolled the whole CEL module list. It has a few diesel options so i did some random checks there tio, everything is either P or 0. Maybe there is a way to SQL with LIKE in PIWIS but I am not there yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for looking them up. They are back. So will try the head mechanic and see what he comes up with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts