Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extremely disappointed with the flaky and cheap plastic back windshield wipers....extremely easy to pop out and break...terrible design

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I haven't been disappointed in the plastic rear wiper and haven't had any breakage problems, but do hate the loud chatter when it sweeps from the parked position.

Reactions: rkirshner

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I haven't been disappointed in the plastic rear wiper and haven't had any breakage problems, but do hate the loud chatter when it sweeps from the parked position.
I had the rear wiper chatter, too. Removed the blade, flipped it the opposite way and re-installed. NO MORE CHATTER! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
In addition to the Macan I have 2 Audi Q5's they both have the same problem - very loud screeching sound when rear wipers engaged. I guess, the Macan inherits same problem from the Audi Q5? Also, these rubber wiper inserts/blades are not cheap to replace.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
No problem with mine. If it does start skipping and chartering I'll try reversing it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good morning, when we took Macan in for 10K, we mentioned that and they made necessary adjustments and thankfully is functioning properly.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Got my feul line recall service done before xmas and had the rear wiper blade replaced (as suggested by my service agent) and the horrible chatter is gone... Might be factory blades were installed backwards as previous posts suggest or factory uses a lesser part than what's being used by Porsche dealers when replacing rear wiper. $25 bucks well spent regardless.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's a tech note/fix for the rear wiper blade, it involves a couple of spacers and the reversal of a washer on the wiper motor. No more wiper rubbing after the fix..... It's WM923449

·
Registered
38 Posts
I haven't been here in a very long time and am.catching up with what's going on with macans.

Has there been a fix for the rear wipers making too much noise? I remember finding one before from a UK site and had my service advisor use that method to try and fix it. Results have been varied, and the wipers make noise still but have decreased.

Any one know of actual fixes? Or has experience?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Between 2 Cayennes and current Macan, I've never had a rear wiper that wasn't noisy. This despite that fact that I hardly ever use it, except when it goes off intermittently on its own despite being switched completely off.:D

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I instructed them to replace my rear wiper blade during my low pressure fuel line recall and $26 later, chatter gone...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I told my dealer about the noisy chatter on my rear wiper during a recent service, and they replaced the blade for no charge. Chatter is now gone.

Reactions: macanS

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I told my dealer about the noisy chatter on my rear wiper during a recent service, and they replaced the blade for no charge. Chatter is now gone.
Unfortunately, Freebies in NYC are far and few in-between. :(
Worth every penny though!;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's a fix for MY14 & MY15

There's a fix for MY14 & MY15 shuddering/rubbing rear wiper.

The tech article is WM923449, it's essentially a couple of washers inserted between the wiper motor and the mounts plus a new blade. The fix takes about 30mins to do. The wiper will be absolutely silent following the fix regardless of whether the rear screen is dry or wet. It's worth doing.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My rear wiper hinge has evidence of corrosion in it and is kind of stiff. Anyone else have that?
I have a very tiny brown rust showing, looks to be the early sign. I just sprayed some rust inhibitor onto the spot and hope it does not spread.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cannot take the rear wiper off the window to clean it.
Anybody knows any trick?
Ciao

1 - 20 of 27 Posts