Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
I cannot remember my C-Tek model....
But- it has a lineup of 6-7 little lights indicating the state/sequence of the charge

I hard wired a pigtail to the battery....
bought the connector cord and extension

I plug it in and feed the wire thru the rear window or just close the trunk on it

I drive the car about 4-5 months / year in total when I'm in the USA

Has worked fine for me this last year.
A 2016 'S' ......

My Indy did the hard wire

Car is currently parked & plugged

· Registered
1,454 Posts
I find this discussion most electrifying. Why are these itty bitty nuances so important? it would seem that if you put your low mileage Macan on a CTEK, or similar maintainer the battery should be happy and ready to start things up. I do the same for my Ducati.
Yup - me too......plug'n go........
no need to overthink a plug in charger......

· Registered
1,454 Posts
I cannot remember my C-Tek model....
But- it has a lineup of 6-7 little lights indicating the state/sequence of the charge

I hard wired a pigtail to the battery....
bought the connector cord and extension

I plug it in and feed the wire thru the rear window or just close the trunk on it

I drive the car about 4-5 months / year in total when I'm in the USA

Has worked fine for me this last year.
A 2016 'S' ......

My Indy did the hard wire

Car is currently parked & plugged
I just retrieved my car after 5-6 weeks of hibernation.... all good

My unit is a '5'....8 little lights .....

It is on an extension cord / using the C-Tek 10 ft extended range wire.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
I wouldn't overthink this

It's as easy as buying this with your charger and connectors

List Price: $10.99
Price: $9.97 & FREE Returns
You Save: $1.02 (9%)

Get $70 off instantly: Pay $0.00 $9.97 upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. No annual fee.

• Designed to help you reach your CTEK battery charger
  • High quality and easy to connect
  • Connections are weather proof
  • Fits UC 800, MULTI US 3300, MULTI US 7002, US 0. 8, MUS 4. 3, and MURS 7. 0 battery chargers
  • 8. 2 feet long extension
See more product details

Compare with similar items

New & Used (27) from $8.24 FREE Ship

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Accessing the battery isn't as hard as you say / think.....
Just need to do it once and feed a pigtail out..... no need to enter every time.

I just open the rear hatch - couple the leads together & close the hatch.....
Plus my leads are never exposed to the elements - like the front hood connectors are.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Was in the country - no garage, no electric.....but i Did drive... Newtown Sq PA
and a 12 hr rebound means it wasn't too rundown

Really not an issue

BTW, had a mobile detailer come...great
Then I did the ceramic spray bit

Bird poop practically slid off my hood... Turtle brand discussed here

· Registered
1,454 Posts
L

I’ve been looking at seasonal car storage options and some don’t have plugs for a battery tender. This might have limited use in that scenario.

I think this thing stated 130AH capacity? I don’t know how much of that is usable before it’s voltage drops too low. I also haven’t measured the draw on the Macan battery when resting but I’d guess in the 1-2 amp range? So my SWAG is it’d keep the battery topped up for a couple months without the solar. Better than nothing, but I have to agree, its pretty limited. With solar it should keep the battery charged continuously.
When I was looking for seasonal, I rented a garage with electricity - quite affordable

· Registered
1,454 Posts
I found this tidbit in another thread here -

#3 · May 11, 2018

C-Tek 4.3. Think they might have a new one 5.0. If you get the 4.3 when you first start it scroll the mode button so the light goes to the snow flake. That will kick it up to 4.7. I did modify the power plug in the rear compartment to be live all the time. Just ran a wire (positive ) from the outlet directly to the battery. Easy to do. That way the outlet is always connected and you can leave the charger hooked up as long as you want. Once its fully charged it goes into maintain mode. These batteries are GSM and charge slow. New technology . If I am not going to drive mine for a few days I just hook it up . Easy to do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts