Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning people,

I want to change my old 7" screen (Macan GTS 2017) and install the new 10" scree from Macan 2020 with the new air ducts.

¿Anybody know it is possible to do it?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Actually with the newer 7 inch PCM I had hoped porsche gave us a full edge to edge screen without the black borders.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Sport Edition
60 Posts
Look at the two photos... it's not just the PCM and air vents that would need to be swapped out. The whole lower dash below the new vents is different, as well as to the right of the PCM. Possible? Maybe. Expensive? Undoubtedly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look at the two photos... it's not just the PCM and air vents that would need to be swapped out. The whole lower dash below the new vents is different, as well as to the right of the PCM. Possible? Maybe. Expensive? Undoubtedly.
But I think will be possible to do it, I will talk with my CP to know extacly, because I love my GTS pre-restyling and I only want the new screen, nothing more...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe because the difference in the screen size is not significant to me, I think you would be opening up a can of worms. Did you look at the price of the screen? If it is $4-$5,000 I would not be shocked. What about other dash parts that would be needed. What other parts, sensors, relays etc.did Porsche change to work with the new screen? Who would do the work? Will they guarantee a one-off customization? I think its just opening a big back door for electronic gremlins to enter and reek havoc. Do some performance upgrades, get some new wheels, anything else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe because the difference in the screen size is not significant to me, I think you would be opening up a can of worms. Did you look at the price of the screen? If it is $4-$5,000 I would not be shocked. What about other dash parts that would be needed. What other parts, sensors, relays etc.did Porsche change to work with the new screen? Who would do the work? Will they guarantee a one-off customization? I think its just opening a big back door for electronic gremlins to enter and reek havoc. Do some performance upgrades, get some new wheels, anything else.
Thanks very much Joel. I only want to know if my CP could do it or not, and price, because I have a GTS full equipe, I can't put nothing more. The new screen is a good update but if the price is correct, if not, I will forget it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks very much Joel. I only want to know if my CP could do it or not, and price, because I have a GTS full equipe, I can't put nothing more. The new screen is a good update but if the price is correct, if not, I will forget it.
I’ll be interested time here what he says.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll be interested time here what he says.
The new screen is not really important for me, but is the only one thing that I would change from Macan 2020, because before I was thinking about the rear lights, but in direct, I don't want the new ones, I prefer the last one from my GTS 2017.

Will be in touch

·
Registered
191 Posts
>>>it's not just the PCM and air vents that would need to be swapped out.
I suspect that all the routing of the ducting behind the screen would need modified as well. I can't imagine that the most economical option might be updating the vehicle. Sounds like yours is in pristine condition and likely a viable trade. Once you start hacking the dash, all that value is rapidly obviated by any change you make.

It'll be interesting to see what your research reveals. Would you plan on doing the work yourself? I'd be hesitant to turn it over to any dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As far as I know EVERYTHING is different in the new Macan, so the answer is don't even think about it.
We are not talking about single din radios anymore, this PCM is a part of the car, not just a radio system.
If you really love your GTS enjoy it as it is, is the best you can do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For what it's worth, if you're a user of Apple CarPlay, the actual icons displayed in the new PCM is significantly smaller than the old PCM. As such, the "touch targets" are smaller which means it's generally more difficult to click on the icons while driving. I also appreciate the physical forward and backward buttons on the older one.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I believe that would be a waste of money. You would be better off selling your Macan and buy a one with the 10" screen. Better value for you all the way around.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
In my C63S, the 12.3" screen is not a touch-screen. Everything you can do with a touch screen you do from either the steering wheel or you use the hand controls in the center console. The idea is that MB prefers you don't take your hands off the steering wheel while driving. Personally, I like it. Trying to hit a screen button while driving on a not-smooth road can be difficult, to the point by sometimes hitting the wrong icon.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Trying to hit a screen button while driving on a not-smooth road can be difficult, to the point by sometimes hitting the wrong icon.
Exactly why one of my biggest pet peeves is not being able to program the diamond button to advance music tracks through apple carplay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts