Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
S....... If you placed a deposit on an "S", I would ask for my deposit back given that the car is going to be delayed until Nov/Dec. I can't see any dealership not accepting that reason regardless of whether the deposit was refundable or not. If it was for a Base, they probably won't return your money..........

^^What he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,548 Posts
Yea, the point is no updates provided and I have to ask by myself and get a late reply. Booking and testing weren't good neither, made a bad choice.
Don't blame yourself for a bad choice in SA. Unless you had an SA name in mind when you 1st walked in to the dealership, how would you have been able to know in advance which SA was "good" & which was "bad?"

The important fact is whether or not you got a good deal on your new car. Everything else is a mere annoyance.

Since your SA is not responsive when you ask for updates, go right to the Manager. Say: "I called or emailed my SA 3 days ago to ask for status update & he has not responded, please tell me the status."

The Manager will promptly get you the current status & this will reflect badly on the SA.

Some SAs seem to be short sighted fools re treating customers rudely... after the contract is signed.

Apparently they do not care that you will avoid them & possibly avoid that dealership like the plague if/when you buy your next Porsche & certainly will warn off any friends about doing business with them.

At least my comments s/b true for the USA, not certain about Canada.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don't blame yourself for a bad choice in SA. Unless you had an SA name in mind when you 1st walked in to the dealership, how would you have been able to know in advance which SA was "good" & which was "bad?"

The important fact is whether or not you got a good deal on your new car. Everything else is a mere annoyance.

Since your SA is not responsive when you ask for updates, go right to the Manager. Say: "I called or emailed my SA 3 days ago to ask for status update & he has not responded, please tell me the status."

The Manager will promptly get you the current status & this will reflect badly on the SA.

Some SAs seem to be short sighted fools re treating customers rudely... after the contract is signed.

Apparently they do not care that you will avoid them & possibly avoid that dealership like the plague if/when you buy your next Porsche & certainly will warn off any friends about doing business with them.

At least my comments s/b true for the USA, not certain about Canada.

Good luck!

Thanks for all your information. I didn't get any discount but I still signed the contract just because I trust them at that point of time and seems like most TRT dealership won't give any discount for a customized car. Well, for now, I will wait for another 4 months for the car and do the feedback thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
I've purchased five cars for myself before and still cancelled on my first salesman/dealership because I wasn't happy after placing my deposit. Actually, the salesman cancelled on me after no replies as he either quit or was fired and I got a full refund. So don't feel too bad. If your issue is with this one particular salesman, then call/email the lead sales manager and tell him/her your issue. They will take care of you themselves the rest of the way through or reassign to another sales person to split the commission. If the first salesman gets fired or quits before car delivers, they won't get any of the commission.

On my actual purchase, I did everything over email with my new salesman and we never met until the car was delivered. Unfortunately, once you've placed your deposit, you likely won't get any negotiation room on the final purchase price unless you are assertive with the sales manager now about how unhappy you are and will cancel your order if they don't give you at least a 9% discount and see what they say. I wouldn't be surprised if they came back with 7% discount. Deposits are almost always refundable and you have a huge out with deliveries being pushed to Q4 2019. Dealers are going to be in a tough position with customer orders that will likely get backed out on at the end of the year so they should be highly motivated to keep you locked in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Hi guys, I booked my 2019 Macan at a Toronto dealership and I'm quite not satisfied with my current salesman. I have signed the contract and gave them a "non-refundable" deposit, am I still able to get another one into business?
I'm curious what else are you expecting to happen? If you have done everything but pic up the car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks like deliveries are back on schedule and May 29 in-sale date for Macan S is confirmed to me by my sales person from Pfaff.
Thanks for your info man. So the problem is i didn't get any updates from my salesman yet. All the delivery delay info I got is from this forum. Well, try to avoid PCNT everyone.
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Top