Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I booked my 2019 Macan at a Toronto dealership and I'm quite not satisfied with my current salesman. I have signed the contract and gave them a "non-refundable" deposit, am I still able to get another one into business?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can ask the sales manager that you wish to deal with another SA. I don't see any problem at all.
Thanks for your info. Since it's about one hour drive from my place to Toronto, am I able to call the manager to sort this out? Sorry it's my first time buying a car and not familiar with the process.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
sure. give the manager a call and indicate your reason and ask for another SA to handle your file. After all, the dealer only cares you are still a customer.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hi guys, I booked my 2019 Macan at a Toronto dealership and I'm quite not satisfied with my current salesman. I have signed the contract and gave them a "non-refundable" deposit, am I still able to get another one into business?

I doubt he will switch you out, the SA has a commission Number, he is getting paid one way or another.
:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I deal with Porsche Oakville and my deposits are always refundable. I just cancelled my 2019 S order and got my money back without any issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I deal with Porsche Oakville and my deposits are always refundable. I just cancelled my 2019 S order and got my money back without any issues.
Wishing I went to Oakville too since it's closest to me now. The one I went to even asked for more deposit when I booked the car and I rejected.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just wondering why did you pay deposit if you were not satisfied with the sales person?
What is the status of your order and your expected delivery date?
And how much did they ask you in Oakville that you refused and decided to take your business an hour drive away?
Was there a significant discount to go that far?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wishing I went to Oakville too since it's closest to me now. The one I went to even asked for more deposit when I booked the car and I rejected.
Sorry to hear that. If you placed a deposit on an "S", I would ask for my deposit back given that the car is going to be delayed until Nov/Dec. I can't see any dealership not accepting that reason regardless of whether the deposit was refundable or not. If it was for a Base, they probably won't return your money.

If you need a contact at Oakville, let me know and I'll introduce you to my sales rep, Nik. He is very responsive.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Not really understanding the reason to change at this point. Have you ordered the car? If yes, most of the interaction with the salesman has being done already. From now on all the might need to do is to provide you an update of when the car gets into production, gets into the ship and arrives in the US. Then he will tell you when the car is ready for pick up and that is about it. Thus, unless you don't want him to get his commission not sure what good this decision will do for you. I interacted a lot with my SA until I put own the deposit and ordered the car. After that was not much at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wondering why did you pay deposit if you were not satisfied with the sales person?
What is the status of your order and your expected delivery date?
And how much did they ask you in Oakville that you refused and decided to take your business an hour drive away?
Was there a significant discount to go that far?
Car has been built and waiting for EPA. Previously the test drive experience and booking experience was not too good but I can't expect the follow-up process is that bad. Since I'm about to finish school and expected to work in Toronto, I decided to go to the one close to the place I stayed in Toronto.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really understanding the reason to change at this point. Have you ordered the car? If yes, most of the interaction with the salesman has being done already. From now on all the might need to do is to provide you an update of when the car gets into production, gets into the ship and arrives in the US. Then he will tell you when the car is ready for pick up and that is about it. Thus, unless you don't want him to get his commission not sure what good this decision will do for you. I interacted a lot with my SA until I put own the deposit and ordered the car. After that was not much at all.
Yea, the point is no updates provided and I have to ask by myself and get a late reply. Booking and testing weren't good neither, made a bad choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear that. If you placed a deposit on an "S", I would ask for my deposit back given that the car is going to be delayed until Nov/Dec. I can't see any dealership not accepting that reason regardless of whether the deposit was refundable or not. If it was for a Base, they probably won't return your money.

If you need a contact at Oakville, let me know and I'll introduce you to my sales rep, Nik. He is very responsive.
Thanks man, got the reply and seems like they won't change anything but assign a sale manager or sth.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Like other have said, now it really doesn't matter who your sales person is, just wait for your car and then you'll take it to whatever dealership you want for maintenance.

If you really want to get your sales person schooled a bit - wait for Porsche and the dealership asking for your feedback, that's when you can pay back for everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like other have said, now it really doesn't matter who your sales person is, just wait for your car and then you'll take it to whatever dealership you want for maintenance.

If you really want to get your sales person schooled a bit - wait for Porsche and the dealership asking for your feedback, that's when you can pay back for everything.
Thanks man, good to know they have a feedback process.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Yep...and the dealership takes the feedback surveys very seriously. They will hear you loud and clear!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Am I the only one slightly confused how the OP is buying a Porsche as a first vehicle and still in school? Something doesn't quite add up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts