Porsche Macan Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope. F6 suggested remove all Cete parts and reinstall....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
210 Posts
No joy :(
After removing/re-installing 3 more times the Cete won’t work properly. F6 told me to return it for a refund.

Stock setup works fine, no faults or issues.

I’m not sure if the problem was with the harness or the module. The last few attempts with the the bypass plug, I kept getting suspension fault. I tried with the module , same fault. So it may be a problem with the harness; loose wire maybe?

Check pins and plug connections - all good.

Basically, changes to the front did not work at all. The rear would lower and raise. Show mode did not work at all.

I’m really disappointed: waited a month due to harness back order and wasting 5 hours trying to make what should be a simple PnP setup work.

The CAN status has a check but is red, does that mean it’s not connecting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi HT99 - sorry to hear about your CETE woes. I actually just installed the PnP model successfully a couple weeks ago, bought used off of a member here.

Have you tried perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the CETE app on your phone, in case there is some weird caching bug causing comm errors on an app level?
That wouldn't really answer the Suspension Fault problem though. I had zero of those alerts after my installation FWIW.

I'm running my app on Android, so perhaps they have slightly different status displays -- but hope this helps anyway.
  • I show Connection as Blue with no number
  • I show CAN as orange (not red) with a number 10
  • I am on same HW and FW versions as you show

Here is an example of the car being off and stuff being red:

I'm open to provide any additional info for you to compare to before you give up and return.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would definitely try another Cete unit. Installed them on both of our Macans not long ago with no issues whatsoever. Assume you received a faulty unit given the dozens of owners on this forum who have installed these with no issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same here. Installed this on my new Macan earlier this week with no problems. Removing the panels was more difficult versus the wiring itself. If a girl can do it...😀

·
Registered
210 Posts
Same here. Installed this on my new Macan earlier this week with no problems. Removing the panels was more difficult versus the wiring itself. If a girl can do it...
Thanks everyone for the help and words of encouragement, especially Susie :) I can’t give up now, lol.

I will return this unit and see if they can replace it. I tried all your suggestions including removing/reinstalling the app.

About 15/20 times I installed it, I have the suspension fault. The times I didn’t. The rear would adjust but not the front. I never got the front to adjust and show mode didn’t work. The plugs where well connected and no bent pins.

Stock works fine.

I guess I just got a lemon.
F6 was great at providing support

When adjusting the rear, I observed the lowering/raising occurred in increments. If I lowered by 30, it would lower then pause 2-3 secs then lower. Almost like 10mm increments. Is that normal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
When adjusting the rear, I observed the lowering/raising occurred in increments. If I lowered by 30, it would lower then pause 2-3 secs then lower. Almost like 10mm increments. Is that normal?
Something definitely sounds amiss. The only place I was tripped up was because the documentation mentioned nothing about the password. But it did not take long to guess.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I’m wondering if the factory sent the wrong module? The app menu shows around 15 different cars. I selected the Macan, but there is no way I can see to determine which car the module is programmed for.

Wondering if anyone took a picture of the PN on their module. This is what mine looks like.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Upon further inspection of the small male plug on the Cete harness, it appears 1 pin is set a few mm lower than the rest. Not sure if it came that way of it recessed while I was connecting. The other pans are fine.

My guess is that it’s not high enough to connect properly, thus front adjustments not functioning.

I gently pulled up the pin but it’s a little loose. I’ll ask Cete to send me another harness.

I’ve schedule warranty service for other issues and I’ll wait until I get it back to try reinstalling the Cete again.

Thanks to @Teddis for his help.
Cete Tech support was very responsive, hopefully they will send another harness quickly.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts