Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
By now, there are lots of members like myself who've put over 60,000 miles on their lowered cars without reporting any suspension issues. Doubt your bushing problems were related to lowering the car.
Yea that's my exact thought. But the dealer says it is. So what can you do? Hope another dealer will have the same sentiment as you and I.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are also people who said you don't need an alignment after lowering. I ate through a set of rear tires in less than 10k miles due to toe wear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Shark,
Install was fine, and fun :)
Hardest part as others mentioned is getting access to the module. There are instructions early in this thread on how to best do that. Once you you gain access, inline the P&P harness, position the Module near the removable flap, for future override connector use if needed, done !
The folks at Cete are very responsive to any questions, answering emails at all times of the day, from Europe.
The app works exactly as others have described. Very happy with its functionality, totally awesome device.
Here is a shot of the kit contents.

View attachment 229109
Thanks for sharing your follow up! Contacting Cete now.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
There are also people who said you don't need an alignment after lowering. I ate through a set of rear tires in less than 10k miles due to toe wear.
Absolutely no issues here, but I do not often go lower than -30 because the ride becomes too stiff.. If you regularly go lower than that I could see it causing a tire wear issue.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger on the Cete PnP module.

Does the phone connect wirelessly to the lowering module or is there another OBD module/plug required?

Anything gotchas during install or special attention needed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nothing additional needed. My phone pairs to the module directly. The only thing that got me during install was the Bluetooth password. None supplied. Mine was either 1234 or 0000 I forgot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered the PnP version from F6.
None in stock it will take 7-10 days to arrive...sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
230 Posts
Volcano,
Have you done any axle levelling...from the APP ?
I’m sorry I just saw this.
I have not done this, it measures just about perfect.

Does anyone know if the Cete module can be programmed to automatically go into show mode when parking? That was a feature I missed when deciding which module to go with that apparently another module does do.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I’m supposed to get mine next week. Apparently the PnP harness was back order.

F6 has been good about updating me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone know if the Cete module can be programmed to automatically go into show mode when parking? That was a feature I missed when deciding which module to go with that apparently another module does do.
It does not have that feature. But are you sure you would want to go into show mode EVERY time? Not sure going that low that often is good for the AS components.

The way I have mine programmed makes it very easy to put in the show mode when I want. As I never otherwise use the sport plus button, I have the sport plus mode for the Cete module programmed for show mode height. so I can go into show mode with just the press of one button.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Has anyone had trouble with the warranty due to the vehicle being lowered? Mine is lowered via PIWIS from the previous owner, and I brought the car in to get some control arm bushings replaced due to them being worn/torn. I was denied and the dealer says it's due to the car being lowered.
That points out one of the huge issues with PIWIS lowering versus a Cete module.

With the Cete module it’s so easy to return the car to its normal height. And there’s no reason to mention to the dealer that you have a Cete module installed.

Obviously they were looking for an excuse not to make the repair under warranty, and you handed them one by presenting them a lower car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How do you know the issue with the tires was due to lowering? There are literally dozens and dozens of owners on this forum having had their cars lowered for years with no tire wear issues. Guess if you lowered the car severely there could be tire wear issues.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Odd behavior with AS (still stock), sometimes it automatically lowers as I open the door to begin a drive and sometimes it doesn’t. The same happens after I end a drive and get out of the car. Is this normal?

PASM is on and in low level.

Isn’t the PASM supposed to lower as you get in and out every time?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Odd behavior with AS (still stock), sometimes it automatically lowers as I open the door to begin a drive and sometimes it doesn’t. The same happens after I end a drive and get out of the car. Is this normal?

PASM is on and in low level.

Isn’t the PASM supposed to lower as you get in and out every time?

Sounds normal. Both of ours do the same thing.

Sounds like you might have AS and PASM confused. PASM has nothing to do with the height of your Macan.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts