Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After attempting for more than two months to get Cargraphic to supply a lowering module that does not raise the suspension at expressway speeds, I ordered one of these this evening. Website is active-sound.eu

If you have AS you can program the height of your car with their smartphone app. Looks like it provides even more flexibility than the Cargraphic module, and if my understanding is correct among other things you can program custom heights for Off Road, Normal, Sport, and Sport + modes.

Anyone here have any experience with this product? Apparently it works on some other European cars with air suspension also.

Reactions: Kimluk

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I just watched the video Shark, amazing control from iOS !! For us ocd types , the ability to precisely lower each corner, independently is fantastic.
There must be some reports out there from users ......or is the App version too new ?

2016 Macan Turbo

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just watched the video Shark, amazing control from iOS !! For us ocd types , the ability to precisely lower each corner, independently is fantastic.
There must be some reports out there from users ......or is the App version too new?
I was not able to find much on the Internet about this. I did download the app, and it did cause me to be interested enough to order it.

I am not usually the guinea pig type when it comes to aftermarket products, but after getting a taste of how much you can improve the Macan’s handling by lowering the car beyond the GTS OEM height, I decided to jump in feet first. I’m assuming that the installation is going to be very similar to the Cargraphic installation, and given my experience with that, I have a higher comfort level then I would have otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Not cheap though at 1200 Eu., excluding 19% VAT, PLUS Shipping and duties, hrmmmm.

2016 Macan Turbo

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not cheap though at 1200 Eu., excluding 19% VAT, PLUS Shipping and duties, hrmmmm.

2016 Macan Turbo
I paid $1307 delivered. Did you notice that they have it available for a seemingly reduced price of €1000?

Still not cheap by any means, but comparably priced to the Cargraphic module.

Looks like ECS Tuning is going to be selling the same product (but branded as Milltek Sport) for the RS7 priced at $1800 starting next month. Reminds me of the Cargraphic versus H&R situation.

Anyone know if I am entitled to a refund of part for all of the value added tax? For some reason I seem to recall traveling outside United States and being able to apply for a refund of the VAT on merchandise that I bought. It was a while back, and I can’t recall what country it involved.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Agree, that’s not to bad. Comparable.
I could not find the app in the App Store, what did you search on Shark ?

2016 Macan Turbo

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could not find the app in the App Store, what did you search on Shark ?
Using the “iPhone only” filter in the App Store, search on “Active Suspension Control BLE”.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sorry for your problems over the last couple months with the Cargraphic module. I looked at the product on the website posted on our forums. https://www.active-sound.eu/en/porsc...air-suspension It promises alot but the vendor with his rap music sounds in the second part of the video would make me think twice about doing business with him. What happens if there are problems with the product? Will 'Active Sound' help you in the way that Jon did at Flat 6 Motorsports? You would have to ship it yourself to Germany.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I agree on the video Mstraka, don’t know what the point of the GTS drive bys in the dark is......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It promises alot but the vendor with his rap music sounds in the second part of the video would make me think twice about doing business with him. What happens if there are problems with the product? Will 'Active Sound' help you in the way that Jon did at Flat 6 Motorsports? You would have to ship it yourself to Germany.
All good points that I thought of too.

Unfortunately I could not find any North American distributor, although I assume I saved some $ by being able to buy direct. Of course that's not going to help me if it does not work.

The fact that ECS is picking up Mlltek's apparently similar product for the RS7 adds some credibility in my view. Looks to me like it's the identical if not closely related product.

An if it's a complete scam I have my credit card company to look to.

Hopefully I'll know soon enough if I made a mistake or not :eek:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
895 Posts
Is there a translation App you could download? This would require that you retype these installation instructions.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Couldn't find much on the Cete Macan module, but saw a couple of posts about minor issues with Audi. The Bluetooth connection and height changes on the app is awesome. Looking forward to hear more.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/811832-CETE-Lowering-Module-Issues-Failures-RS7

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/771096-CETE-ASC-Module-v2-Issues

2018 Macan Turbo PP, Carrara White
Thanks! The Audi threads could prove to be very helpful if I run into issues. And it’s good to hear that the seller appears to be very responsive when an issue arises. He confirmed my order this morning, and when I asked for an estimated ship date, he responded within minutes.

He is shipping UPS Worldwide Saver rather than DHL, which likely means a Saturday delivery here versus Friday. But that makes sense as I was thinking the shipping charges were too low to be DHL.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, Ferdi Cete said the speed deactivation threshold (the speed over which the car will return to the OEM height) can be set as high as 250 kmh (155 mph) or turned off entirely. The setting for this is within the app.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Shark, i looked at the install pdf...in German. Just from the pictures it looks a little more involved that the other vendor.
Some pin shifting it looks like, so you know :) you got a pin puller ?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shark, i looked at the install pdf...in German. Just from the pictures it looks a little more involved that the other vendor.
Some pin shifting it looks like, so you know :) you got a pin puller ?
I don't even know what a pin puller is, although I can probably take a good guess...ugh!

Where would I buy one?

1 - 20 of 250 Posts