Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before trying it on my GTS, thought I would give it a test run on my Ford Focus. See how it works, improve my process. Check out the material and supplies I bought

started with wheel cleaning, car wash, clay rub, alcohol wash. Very laborious amd time consuming. Used H9 that I bought on Amazon for $20, little small jar. But it was long lasting. Not sure if it’s any good or not, and the time spent will be a disappointment if the material is trash. It’s weird stuff indeed, to work with. And it takes 48 hours to dry and 2 weeks to cure.

It took lots of hard labor, attention to detail, plus a little research since it’s my first time. Cost $65 to do all 4 wheels. But I’ve only done 2, and have enough supplies to do 8 wheels total.

did the calipers as well. So it takes 2 days to dry and 2 weeks to cure. Next Sunday I’ll do the other 2 wheels and report back in 6 weeks to let you know if it was worth it. Sure hope it is. Would be nice to just spray the wheels clean.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got my Turbo wheels powder coated earlier this year. Before I had the tires re mounted I coated the wheels with GlasPerency, a graphene coating. Even with the tires off and starting with perfectly clean wheels it is a lot of work. There are a lot of nooks and crannies in those turbo wheels. The coating makes the wheels easier to clean but I don’t think it prevents them from getting dirty and accumulating break dust all that much. Given that I had the wheels unmounted it wasn’t to bad but don't think I’d start from scratch to do it.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
27 Posts
I had to like my wheels, but they had to also be cleanable, so I got the 21" platinum finish which "hides" a couple days worth of dust. But we're all gonna lose this battle, even with SiO2 etc. I waxed mine with same but didn't put much effort into it. I wish "sporty" brake pads weren't so nasty....my wife's 3 series' wheels stay clean for weeks at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts